Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWANSEA 2 - 3 MAN CITY

Re: FT: SWANSEA 2 - 3 MAN CITY

I could watch Hartson whine all night

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Injustice?
    The best team went through, end of.
    So if Cardiff lost to Man City yo a penalty that should never have been given and an offside goal you would be happy to say there was no injustice? Somehow I very much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So if Cardiff lost to Man City yo a penalty that should never have been given and an offside goal you would be happy to say there was no injustice? Somehow I very much doubt it.
    Quite.
    It’s a disgrace they never had VAR just because they’re a championship club whilst PL clubs who made it this far were afforded that facility.
    Swansea or not, it’s a fecking farce.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Quite.
    It’s a disgrace they never had VAR just because they’re a championship club whilst PL clubs who made it this far were afforded that facility.
    There were two current Welsh internationals playing too, so why all the hatred?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    A Man City win will mean our game in Manchester on April 6th will be re-arranged.

Five minutes played and it's 0-0 but looks like could be a long night for the Jacks.
    At the risk of getting another ban for "trolling", Man C have played 3 games against Welsh clubs this season and Cardiff has been the easiest of all three,

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    At the risk of getting another ban for "trolling", Man C have played 3 games against Welsh clubs this season and Cardiff has been the easiest of all three,
    Can't argue with that

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Cardiff have beaten Wolves and Swansea have lost to Rotherham. Fascinating stuff innit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Quite.
    It is a disgrace and looking at the teams left in Swansea would have had a real chance of winning the Cup. The penalty was totally the refs decision. The linesman doesn’t flag for it. Yet the ref inexplicably gives it. Agüero clearly offside for his header. Neither would have stood if VAR had been used. It’s absurd VAR is only being used in certain games.

It is a disgrace and looking at the teams left in Swansea would have had a real chance of winning the Cup
    Thank feck they messed it up then

There was a question one Twitter the other day asking who has the most on the pitch assets Cardiff or Swansea?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Thank feck they messed it up then
    Yeah we’d never hear the end of it....

Shit happens at football sometimes you just have to suck it up.
    Get slurping JB's

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There was a question one Twitter the other day asking who has the most on the pitch assets Cardiff or Swansea?
    Tough one that.

They have a very young side, plus some fairly valuable players out on loan at the moment- although I’m not sure if any of them have done anything in their loan spells to mean they will be worth much.

Out of our squad it’s tough to see any worth more than £10m... Murphy maybe and we would probably get our money back on Reid.
    Etheridge, Ralls, Zohore Morrison and Bennett all between £5m and £10m.. possibly Hoillet too, but unlikely

Most of the others would be under £5m I guess, due to their age , ability and contract situations

Really we need to be producing some £20m players to sell so we can reinvest in 2-3 more

Our current squad could never score a goal like Swansea's against as good a team as Man City, but then there is more than one way to skin a cat. Sadly though, the comment about Swansea and Newport giving Pep's team a better game than us is a valid one and I can't help thinking that we have lose the passivity which has marked so many of our performances against top six sides if we are to stay up - our record against the current top six in the Premier League is won one, drawn one, lost eighteen including fourteen consecutive defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Our current squad could never score a goal like Swansea's against as good a team as Man City, but then there is more than one way to skin a cat. Sadly though, the comment about Swansea and Newport giving Pep's team a better game than us is a valid one and I can't help thinking that we have lose the passivity which has marked so many of our performances against top six sides if we are to stay up - our record against the current top six in the Premier League is won one, drawn one, lost eighteen including fourteen consecutive defeats.
    Man City were on fire the day they came here.....they clearly were not yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Probably them, you would think from 5 seasons in the PL and their academy etc.....after this summer all theirs will be sold for sure

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Probably them, you would think from 5 seasons in the PL and their academy etc.....after this summer all theirs will be sold for sure
    It was 7 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It was 7 seasons.
    Surely not?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely not?
    2011–12 season promoted that makes it 7 seasons.
    My answer could win you a million pounds on a certain game show.

Fourteen consecutive defeats isnt even that bad. It is bad but its as expected really.

The manner of them however! Now that is bad. As has been shown- league 2 sides would do better.

Our last game against a top 6 side was against Arsenal away.
    We were far from passive there and most people there felt we deserved a point.

After the game I was talking to Arsenal fans and they were pretty impressed with the fight we put up

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Our last game against a top 6 side was against Arsenal away.
    We were far from passive there and most people there felt we deserved a point.

After the game I was talking to Arsenal fans and they were pretty impressed with the fight we put up
    Yes our last 3 games v arsenal we have been competitive actually.

It was their cup final against a weakened side and if I'm honest Warnock on the whole hasn't tried to win many of the top six games.
    It's been more damage limitation in my opinion.

Swansea have always been a good footballing side , for decades , I prefer our get stuck in approach , I am a man of simple taste

We didn't though swansea town did and i and many more are still p issing ourselves laughing