+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: SWANSEA 2 - 3 MAN CITY

Re: FT: SWANSEA 2 - 3 MAN CITY

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Our last game against a top 6 side was against Arsenal away.
    We were far from passive there and most people there felt we deserved a point.

After the game I was talking to Arsenal fans and they were pretty impressed with the fight we put up
    Its arguable that we could have won both games against Arsenal this season, we certainly didn't deserve to lose both

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    It was their cup final against a weakened side and if I'm honest Warnock on the whole hasn't tried to win many of the top six games.
    It's been more damage limitation in my opinion.
    So you starting your manager as thrown games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Cardiff have beaten Wolves and Swansea have lost to Rotherham. Fascinating stuff innit.
    I'm amazed that someone with your limited intellect struggled to cope with the simplicity of the point I was making.

Cardiff, Swansea and Newport have all played Man City at home this season. Newport were still in the game after an hour, Swansea were in the game for the full 90. Cardiff were out of the game by the 35th minute, and some may argue they were never in the game at all.

Cardiff are the only ones to have played Wolves.

Swansea are the only ones to have played Rotherham.

Newport have played neither Wolves nor Rotherham.

But, hey, good defence of Cardiff, it really was.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    I'm amazed that someone with your limited intellect struggled to cope with the simplicity of the point I was making.

Cardiff, Swansea and Newport have all played Man City at home this season. Newport were still in the game after an hour, Swansea were in the game for the full 90. Cardiff were out of the game by the 35th minute, and some may argue they were never in the game at all.

Its almost like they've been playing them in one off cup ties where they can really go for it and the amount of goals they concede doesn't really have a long term consequence in terms of league position

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Fourteen consecutive defeats isnt even that bad. It is bad but its as expected really.

The manner of them however! Now that is bad. As has been shown- league 2 sides would do better.
    I've just checked and only Fulham out of the current Premier League have lost more consecutive matches against the top six than us.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post

Man City have had at least seven bigger wins this season than their 5-0 versus us. And they've also equalled that 5-0 against Burnley in two different matches.

They're an exceptional team. But I agree, well done to Swansea and Newport for being plucky losers and good sports about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    So you starting your manager as thrown games ?
    Damage limitation isn't throwing a game it's realising we have a cat in hells chance of winning so trying to keep the score down.
    It's not what I want but goal difference could keep us up.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Damage limitation isn't throwing a game it's realising we have a cat in hells chance of winning so trying to keep the score down.
    It's not what I want but goal difference could keep us up.
    But if you field a weaker side you could conceded more goals, instead of losing
    a game 1 or 2 nil you get thumped 5 nil your goal differance to stay up is through the window.

a game 1 or 2 nil you get thumped 5 nil your goal differance to stay up is through the window.
    I’d call playing a weakened team throwing a game.

Im talking about formation rather than team selection.
    Against Man City with their full side out its those Premier league days i just don't care for.
    One club have spent a billion pound the other less than 50 million and they say there are ffp rules it's just not a fair playing field.

To be fair Graham Potter looks like he's gonna be an excellent manager. He was not only brave but clever as **** yesterday. He started with Routledge, Celina, Dyer and James which isn't exactly a park the bus approach. Add to that he plays Byers in midfield who has started about 10 games in his life and Grimes at centre back!

What was impressive was how he used Celina to exploit the gaps around Gundogan and this forced Citeh to play with 2 holding midfielders second half.

I worry if the Americans give Potter some small funds next season.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    To be fair Graham Potter looks like he's gonna be an excellent manager. He was not only brave but clever as **** yesterday. He started with Routledge, Celina, Dyer and James which isn't exactly a park the bus approach. Add to that he plays Byers in midfield who has started about 10 games in his life and Grimes at centre back!

What was impressive was how he used Celina to exploit the gaps around Gundogan and this forced Citeh to play with 2 holding midfielders second half.

I’d expect Potter to be near the top of the list for the bigger Championship and lower prem clubs when the managerial merry-go-round starts in a few weeks.

They may be faced with a ‘back him or lose him’ scenario.

The Championship doesn’t look too tough this year and may be weaker again next season looking at the teams going down, with such a young side they would be mad not to back him for a promotion challenge

Imagine the meltdown at Swansea if Potter replaced Warnock when he retires

The Jacks had one shot on target in 94 mins of open play, and are making out they were robbed!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The Jacks had one shot on target in 94 mins of open play, and are making out they were robbed!
    What ****ing game was you watching? I’m the last one to give the jacks any credit but you are a ****ing idiot

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

You need not worry

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What ****ing game was you watching? I’m the last one to give the jacks any credit but you are a ****ing idiot
    The one where Swansea had one shot on goal in open play in 94 mins.
    Check it out, and apologise later x
    Have a nice evening.
    9E2F34F8-CAFE-43F4-BC2F-58ACD7C51A4F.jpg

The one where Swansea had one shot on goal in open play in 94 mins.
    Check it out, and apologise later x
    Have a nice evening.
    9E2F34F8-CAFE-43F4-BC2F-58ACD7C51A4F.jpg
    I think you mean one shot on target in 94 mins.

5 attempts on goal was 3 more than we managed against them in the 5-0 drubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think you mean one shot on target in 94 mins.

5 attempts on goal was 3 more than we managed against them in the 5-0 drubbing.
    Yeah, on target. I thought the goal was the target?

They had their full team out against us

Still no apology yet from dopey Jamie

Yeah, on target. I thought the goal was the target?

They had their full team out against us

Still no apology yet from dopey Jamie
    Man City scored from a pelanty that wasn’t and a goal that was clear as day offside

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Man City scored from a pelanty that wasn’t and a goal that was clear as day offside
    I know, great wasn’t it.

Man City battered em second half too, should have won by a lot more.

I know, great wasn’t it.

Man City battered em second half too, should have won by a lot more.
    Your hatred of the Jacks is one of my favourite things about this board. I always smile at how you will not be swayed. I don’t like them either but you take it to a level I can’t reach.

If you had to rank them who would be top and bottom of your shit list out of Williams, Coleman or the Jacks. My guess is Williams, Jacks, Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Your hatred of the Jacks is one of my favourite things about this board. I always smile at how you will not be swayed. I don’t like them either but you take it to a level I can’t reach.

If you had to rank them who would be top and bottom of your shit list out of Williams, Coleman or the Jacks. My guess is Williams, Jacks, Coleman
    Good effort, although I’d put the Jacks 3rd, at least they support a Welsh team.

Thank you for your kind words. If you need any help to reach the “next level” just hmu, always good to get people on board.