+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WINDOWS SMASHED IN BALE’S BAR

Re: WINDOWS SMASHED IN BALE’S BAR

Is it healthy to harbor such a resentment towards a sport because your games teacher 50 years ago was a prick?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Is it healthy to harbor such a resentment towards a sport because your games teacher 50 years ago was a prick?
    Definitely not, the repression and projection around rugby on this board is crazy. Could fill a psychiatrist’s diary for a month.

It’s sad really

Is it healthy? Probably not :hehe but l personally harbour no resentment toward rugger l just have no interest in it,what l do find strange is how you or indeed anyone can be committed to two sports in direct opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Is it healthy? Probably not :hehe but l personally harbour no resentment toward rugger l just have no interest in it,what l do find strange is how you or indeed anyone can be committed to two sports in direct opposition.
    You don’t need to be committed to a sport to enjoy it though.

Half of this board should be committed with how wound up they get over a sport they don’t enjoy though.

I went to the rugby on Saturday, had a great day out .

Its a day out , its entertaining . I don't have a clue about rugby in general but enjoy the ambience and the occasion.

You can hardly be committed to International rugby , there are too few fixtures for a start.

Get Partridge on the case for one of his investigative reports.

“Double O fecking boll*cks”

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Definitely not, the repression and projection around rugby on this board is crazy. Could fill a psychiatrist’s diary for a month.
    Hope you don’t include me in that.

As I said, I played it eventually through choice and enjoy watching the game itself.

Doesn’t stop me being pissed off about my games teachers and their treatment of pupils who preferred other sports and that the attitude of a lot of rugby fans towards football and football supporters is ridiculous and hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Hope you don’t include me in that.

As I said, I played it eventually through choice and enjoy watching the game itself.

Doesn’t stop me being pissed off about my games teachers and their treatment of pupils who preferred other sports and that the attitude of a lot of rugby fans towards football and football supporters is ridiculous and hypocritical
    The same could be said about football fans attitude to rugby I understand why people like yourself would feel resentment towards the way school treated sports we all went through the same thing some worse than others but it never really bothered me even knowing I enjoyed playing rugby (not as much as football) I should’ve been playing in the backs and my fecking teacher thought it best to play me in the second row with lads twice my size but I still don’t get the hatred towards it we should be celebrating that this amazing small country is good at something I want us to win even if it’s hopscotch and that’s what winds me up

Llanedeyrn High..1st year..Dennis Ellis PE teacher (Penarth scrum half)..1971
    "Right lads, those who want to play rugby to the left...football to the right"..
    Me and Jonathan Morgan walk to the right.
    " Davies..I know your Dad..move over to the left."
    ."..and you can't play football on your own Morgan..move over"

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Same here. All rugger buggers in Ponty Grammar, rugger boys get automatically picked for cricket (which I liked) as well. Grrrrr. No organised football.
    As above, unchtimes, school yard filled with boys playing footie. Not an egg shaped ball in sight
    Same in Basssaleg.
    At the "welcome to parents of new pupils" thing, circa 1965, one dad asked if his son, who showed promise at football (soccer) , would get any coaching to help him develop.
    The head's response was
    "No, this is a grammar school - we play rugby here" !!
    ****ing snob.

Why do rugby fans call it ‘soccer’?

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    Why do rugby fans call it ‘soccer’?
    Not just Rugby fans,most of the world! To differentiate Association Football from Rugby Football, American Football, Gaelic Football,Aussie Rules Football etc!You need to travel more😎!

I can't believe so many Egg lovers get wound up that some Welsh football fans either dislike rugby or are just ambivalent to it.
    It doesn't bother me that eggers hate football or call it Wendyball.
    Everyone has a choice and I hate rugby .

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I can't believe so many Egg lovers get wound up that some Welsh football fans either dislike rugby or are just ambivalent to it.
    What l cant get my head around is why so many rugger fans follow the City

I guess it’s because Cardiff is the capital city in wales and there are a lot of rugby fans who live in wales because we have historically and presently been world class at that sport.

Is it ok for me to like the devils as well or should we all only be allowed to follow one sport?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Is it ok for me to like the devils as well or should we all only be allowed to follow one sport?
    Are you asking for my permission?

Are you asking for my permission?
    Clearly yes

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Clearly yes
    Well I’m sorry if I’m being harsh but l was brought up to support football in the winter and cricket in the summer which meant having to watch the City and Glamorgan CCC,and before you ask no l didn’t have a particularly happy childhood thanks dad

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    How do you read this thread and come to that conclusion?!

The whole thread is City fans whinging that other people like rugby. One person can’t understand how anyone could like both.

I can’t see anyone complaining about people not liking rugby.

You can’t get your head around people enjoying 2 sports?

You must have a very easy mind to blow

I remember City home matches in the late 90s that went head to head with Welsh internationals and, when it was announced Wales were losing, huge cheers echoing around Ninian Park. The chant of "you can stick your f***ing rugby up your arse" was certainly not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember City home matches in the late 90s that went head to head with Welsh internationals and, when it was announced Wales were losing, huge cheers echoing around Ninian Park. The chant of "you can stick your f***ing rugby up your arse" was certainly not uncommon.
    I suppose the thing about not cheering is that you cannot hear it. So I suppose loads of people wouldn't have cheered but that wouldn't affect the fact that others did, so a person in the stadium would just hear cheering/chanting.

I say "I suppose".... what I really mean is, "I know", because I was there too. And as is so very obviously the case, a lot of Welsh people who support Cardiff City also support their national rugby team so I doubt those people would have cheered either. Even at Ninian Park, even in the 1990s.

I had a PE teacher who banned football too (take a bow, Mr Williams of St Cyres) and I hated playing rugby at school as a result of it being forced on me. But I still enjoyed the five nations and if City were playing away, I would go and watch the blue and blacks. I don't care about how the two sports are portrayed in the local media. I don't care whether people think rugby fans look down their noses at football or whatever else. They are probably wrong but I won't let that affect what I do. I come from Cardiff and I come from Wales, so those are the teams I support in any sport. And it so happens that we are bloody good at rugby and it also happens that rugby can be a fantastic game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How do you read this thread and come to that conclusion?!

The whole thread is City fans whinging that other people like rugby. One person can’t understand how anyone could like both.

I can’t see anyone complaining about people not liking rugby.

"Half of this board should be committed with how wound up they get over a sport they don’t enjoy though."
    Why should they be comitted then ?
    Because it bothers you or maybe another reason?