Thread: WINDOWS SMASHED IN BALE’S BAR

Re: WINDOWS SMASHED IN BALE’S BAR

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Only 8 teams play it
    Wales were ranked 10th when Gatland took over

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Only 8 teams play it
    Another myth by Rugby haters, there are over 100 countries that play International Rugby Union! But like in Football only about 8 can win the World Cup! In Rugby, Wales have a chance of winning after getting to the semi finals twice since it started in 1987,whereas in Football we haven’t even qualified since 1958!
    You are allowed to enjoy and support both sports as I and many others do!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Which eggger team do you watch ever week then? And no porkies.
    Thought so, a plastic egger

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just passed through town and Bale’s Bar has some of the front boarded up as the windows are smashed.

Anyone know what time “it kicked off” ?????
    Zidane will stop at nothing in trying to ostracize Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m an Ely boy, None of this Blodwyn shite in my house. Just love the way the usual suspects whine on about the rugby every international day. The principality is big enough for both games. Get over it.
    I think that the problem has been that football in Wales has historically been seen as a second class sport followed by second class people, certainly by the establishment, rugby has been the game of choice for those in seats of power and influence in Wales. Alot of people who followed the City or football in general who were brought up in working class areas didn't really associate with the protagonists within the Welsh rugby world, for some, they were-are the enemy, i'm talking about the Police, Teachers, Solicitors,Bosses, media etc. If you were born and raised in a deprived area in Cardiff there was a chance that a young man may have had a few run ins with the authorities or those in positions of power. There game of choice almost always seemed to be rugby and culturally they were different, they didn't represent me or where i came from. It's a class thing in a small country with a very parochial outlook. I don't dislike rugby, i don't really have an interest in it and for a sport that is supposed to be number 1 in this country i can't say that i know one person who watches the blues. Things have certainly improved, Wales has become a little more advanced and progressive, the jobs and positions infested by those who had interests to protect are now being handed out more fairly. There is room for both sports in Wales, although for a long time it was football and what it represented that was marginalised.

They'll be a massive penalty call if someone is charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that the problem has been that football in Wales has historically been seen as a second class sport followed by second class people, certainly by the establishment, rugby has been the game of choice for those in seats of power and influence in Wales. Alot of people who followed the City or football in general who were brought up in working class areas didn't really associate with the protagonists within the Welsh rugby world, for some, they were-are the enemy, i'm talking about the Police, Teachers, Solicitors,Bosses, media etc. If you were born and raised in a deprived area in Cardiff there was a chance that a young man may have had a few run ins with the authorities or those in positions of power. There game of choice almost always seemed to be rugby and culturally they were different, they didn't represent me or where i came from. It's a class thing in a small country with a very parochial outlook. I don't dislike rugby, i don't really have an interest in it and for a sport that is supposed to be number 1 in this country i can't say that i know one person who watches the blues. Things have certainly improved, Wales has become a little more advanced and progressive, the jobs and positions infested by those who had interests to protect are now being handed out more fairly. There is room for both sports in Wales, although for a long time it was football and what it represented that was marginalised.
    In both Junior and Comp rugby was pushed and pushed. In Comp we had a choice. Play rugby or do cross country running over feckin Caerphilly Mountain.

Pupils were judged by games teachers ( and others) purely on how good they were at egg.

In my Year our rugby team were shit, we were far too small, but I played because there was little choice.

At 15 I found a footy team in Cardiff who needed players and jumped in the train to play.

The school teachers were fuming. Even though I wasn’t even that good and had been playing in the backs which I hated as the scrum half and outside half hogged the ball all game and the rest just stood around getting wet and cold.

My reward, despite playing a major part in getting the cricket team to the county final was to be dropped from the team for the final- which we lost.

Wasn’t just in school either. In Caerphilly the rugby clubs got all the money, sponsorship and facilities, despite at least 5x as many of us playing football. We used to have to train in a corner of the rugby ground and were treated like 2nd class citizens by the coaches there.

Most of the rugby lads our age were fine though.
    It was just the coaches, committees and all the other hangers on.

When I moved to England for a few years it was different, football was the main game, and as I had the choice I played both.. and in the back row for rugby which was great- constant involvement.

When I came back to Wales I played once and enjoyed it, despite the fact it was like a war ! But football was always going to win. It became City on Saturday and Sunday League next day

I agree with you Dan, it is starting to balance out a bit now.

Still not enough football in schools though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    In both Junior and Comp rugby was pushed and pushed. In Comp we had a choice. Play rugby or do cross country running over feckin Caerphilly Mountain.

Pupils were judged by games teachers ( and others) purely on how good they were at egg.

In my Year our rugby team were shit, we were far too small, but I played because there was little choice.

At 15 I found a footy team in Cardiff who needed players and jumped in the train to play.

The school teachers were fuming. Even though I wasn’t even that good and had been playing in the backs which I hated as the scrum half and outside half hogged the ball all game and the rest just stood around getting wet and cold.

My reward, despite playing a major part in getting the cricket team to the county final was to be dropped from the team for the final- which we lost.

Wasn’t just in school either. In Caerphilly the rugby clubs got all the money, sponsorship and facilities, despite at least 5x as many of us playing football. We used to have to train in a corner of the rugby ground and were treated like 2nd class citizens by the coaches there.

When I moved to England for a few years it was different, football was the main game, and as I had the choice I played both.. and in the back row for rugby which was great- constant involvement.

When I came back to Wales I played once and enjoyed it, despite the fact it was like a war ! But football was always going to win. It became City on Saturday and Sunday League next day

Well articulated, i share many of your experiences, it wasn't the actual game or the lads who played it, but those who had an influence over it. I went to a catholic school, we didn't kick a football once, it's changed now. I don't really like these Rugby-Football debates, but i do believe that some who have a dislike for the sport are more frustrated at what it has represented to them personally in an historic context, years ago when we were really shit it was easier to brush football off in south wales, same goes for swansea. Things are a whole lot different now, relative success and premier league football for both clubs and the emergence of the National side cements the fact that Football is the number 1 sport in wales.

So anyway, the windows

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Thinly veiled I was the best cricketer in the team post nqat

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So anyway, the windows
    January, July and August i believe.

Zidane will stop at nothing in trying to ostracize Bale.
    No doubt headbutted the windows!!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    They'll be a massive penalty call if someone is charged.
    I've no problem with that. As long as they catch the right culprit and he hasn't been framed.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Thinly veiled I was the best cricketer in the team post nqat
    Nah, there was a lad called Prem who was an awesome batsman and went on to play for Cardiff. The rest of us were pretty similar.

I’d earnt my place though and went on to play for a very successful midweek adult side for the next 15-20 years and got an attic full of trophies.

I’m an Ely boy, None of this Blodwyn shite in my house. Just love the way the usual suspects whine on about the rugby every international day. The principality is big enough for both games. Get over it.
    Not Welsh are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I've no problem with that. As long as they catch the right culprit and he hasn't been framed.
    Either way, it was a sill-y thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Not Welsh are you?
    100% Boyo. It’s just that there’s nobody in my house called Blodwyn 😀

You’ve put your reasoning over very well, and I agree with most of it. Problem for me though, is it’s been more or less the exact scenario up in Scotland only difference being,the toffs and upper class who go to Murrayfield for a Scotland game, will not get ridiculed on any of the Hearts/Hibs message boards.
    The 2 games go on side by side in harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Thought so, a plastic egger
    I’m not a plastic egger. I never go. I just don’t understand why some on here detest it, and those that attend so much. At least the so called plastics fill the Principality. We’ve got plenty of plastic football supporters who only ever go to Wales games when the team are playing well, and plenty of plastic City fans who only turn up for the big games and Wembley appearances.
    Live and let live 😎

I’m not a plastic egger. I never go. I just don’t understand why some on here detest it, and those that attend so much. At least the so called plastics fill the Principality. We’ve got plenty of plastic football supporters who only ever go to Wales games when the team are playing well, and plenty of plastic City fans who only turn up for the big games and Wembley appearances.
    Live and let live 😎
    Did you read Tuerto and Lawnmower posts

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So anyway, the windows
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Either way, it was a sill-y thing to do.
    It must have been a right pane clearing it all up.

Live and let live ��
    In most cases, it’s not the Egg itself but the media bias that pisses us off.

100% Boyo. It’s just that there’s nobody in my house called Blodwyn 😀
    Describing a Welsh name as sh1te and using the term boyo is the kind of cr@p I had to put up with in London for 30 years, I didn't expect to get it in Wales.

Its almost fifty years ago that l left school and I’m still at a loss as to why there was such an objection toward football back then,if only l could talk to one of the establishment from those bygone days.No wait a minute l hope they’re all f ucking dead