+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WINDOWS SMASHED IN BALE’S BAR

Re: WINDOWS SMASHED IN BALE’S BAR

Shame about the windows.

However rugby is gash and the majority of its supporters are daffodil hat wearing numpties who come out of the woodwork for international days.

It's the only thing I hate about being Welsh. I'm expected to know/care about the rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Shame about the windows.

However rugby is gash and the majority of its supporters are daffodil hat wearing numpties who come out of the woodwork for international days.

It's the only thing I hate about being Welsh. I'm expected to know/care about the rugby.
    The sport itself, whilst being inferior to a plethora of individual and team sports can be and is quite exciting to watch, take for instance the England/Scotland game on saturday. The actual sport I think very few actually have a real issue with. The fanfare surrounding it is an absolute piss take however, and it seems to be miles worse in Wales than other home nation countries. I went on saturday, it was a good game. But the amount of people going absolutely mental over the most rudimentary of rugby plays (suggesting their knowledge of the sport is limited), or spending the entire game broadcasting the fact they were there to social media was only topped by the sheer amount of people going back and forth to the bar or the toilet as they are too pissed to hold it for sheer ridiculousness. All sport is a social event, but international rugby in Wales for many is a "look at me, look where I am" vanity contest for many.

Rugby's relationship with alcohol (particularly in Wales) is almost as bad as football's with gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Describing a Welsh name as sh1te and using the term boyo is the kind of cr@p I had to put up with in London for 30 years, I didn't expect to get it in Wales.
    To be fair, as names go, Blodwyn is pretty shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    The sport itself, whilst being inferior to a plethora of individual and team sports can be and is quite exciting to watch, take for instance the England/Scotland game on saturday. The actual sport I think very few actually have a real issue with. The fanfare surrounding it is an absolute piss take however, and it seems to be miles worse in Wales than other home nation countries. I went on saturday, it was a good game. But the amount of people going absolutely mental over the most rudimentary of rugby plays (suggesting their knowledge of the sport is limited), or spending the entire game broadcasting the fact they were there to social media was only topped by the sheer amount of people going back and forth to the bar or the toilet as they are too pissed to hold it for sheer ridiculousness. All sport is a social event, but international rugby in Wales for many is a "look at me, look where I am" vanity contest for many.

Rugby's relationship with alcohol (particularly in Wales) is almost as bad as football's with gambling.
    When we were in the Euros it was exactly the same for the football.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I'll tell my mother.

When we were in the Euros it was exactly the same for the football.
    It's exactly the same at the big 6 football clubs as well

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m an Ely boy, None of this Blodwyn shite in my house. Just love the way the usual suspects whine on about the rugby every international day. The principality is big enough for both games. Get over it.
    principality?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Another myth by Rugby haters, there are over 100 countries that play International Rugby Union! But like in Football only about 8 can win the World Cup! In Rugby, Wales have a chance of winning after getting to the semi finals twice since it started in 1987,whereas in Football we haven’t even qualified since 1958!
    You are allowed to enjoy and support both sports as I and many others do!
    calm down son, one swallow doesn't make a summer

Feedback

all stereotypical welsh names are shit imho

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m not a plastic egger. I never go. I just don’t understand why some on here detest it, and those that attend so much. At least the so called plastics fill the Principality. We’ve got plenty of plastic football supporters who only ever go to Wales games when the team are playing well, and plenty of plastic City fans who only turn up for the big games and Wembley appearances.
    Live and let live ��
    Being well-balanced on a message board will get you nowhere, WT.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

I have never experienced this but you say this and then belittle Rugby and it’s fans, I don’t like golf but I wouldn’t start calling all golf fans wankers

football-zidane-2018.jpg

Police are looking for this guy

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I have never experienced this but you say this and then belittle Rugby and it’s fans, I don’t like golf but I wouldn’t start calling all golf fans wankers
    I have. Loads of times. (I have lived in England since my early twenties). And then people are surprised when I am not.

It just makes for an awkward conversation born purely out of the comical stereo types that eggers are so keen to perpetuate and the ignorance of others.

You golf analogy is a poor one. You’d be better off comparing it to all Canadian loving ice hockey or something (I personally wouldn’t make such an assumption)

Played for the school (St Albans) and Cardiff Boys rugby before going to secondary school (Lady Mary). A few of us were really looking forward to this, a chance to play football, the game that was always played in St Albans yard (well not just one game, there was always about 3 or 4 games going on, amazing looking back, same goals, 4 different goalies yet everyone knew which game they were involved in and which ‘tennis ball’ they had to chase). Anyway gets to Lady Mary, first day Frank f*cking Callus gets all the new form ones on the back yard to sort out our sporting choices. The bully shouts out ‘Who played for Cardiff boys last year? Move over there’ , a few of us moved, next thing ‘Who played for their school team last year? Join them’, Next thing he says to the ones left was ‘Right, you lot can do soccer😱😱 & cross country’!!!!!! There were obviously a few of us who were desperate to play football (In those day St Patricks was the only Catholic junior school to play football, so all us other Fenians had only known rugby as an organised sport). We actually had to get letters off our mothers requesting that their sons be able to play football. We ended up having a very successful football side but, Christ, we played in rags ( I’ve still got the photos of us in torn shirts, all different shades of blue) while the rugby sides had new kit every year, made us more determined though. By form 4 we shared the Seager Cup with the superstars😂😂 of Fitzalan 1-1, who incidentally turned up for the . final in brand new kit for the occasion while we were like the ragged arse Rovers. No recognition at assembly or anything though, we were the outcast ‘soccer’ lot. So I suggest Frank f*cking Callus is arrested for putting Bale’s windows through and even though I’m writing this lying in a Benidorm hotel bedroom with a Monday morning hangover I’m willing to say I saw him do it👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Lol!
    What windows ?

He'll be signing for a Glazer one way or another this year....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Played for the school (St Albans) and Cardiff Boys rugby before going to secondary school (Lady Mary). A few of us were really looking forward to this, a chance to play football, the game that was always played in St Albans yard (well not just one game, there was always about 3 or 4 games going on, amazing looking back, same goals, 4 different goalies yet everyone knew which game they were involved in and which ‘tennis ball’ they had to chase). Anyway gets to Lady Mary, first day Frank f*cking Callus gets all the new form ones on the back yard to sort out our sporting choices. The bully shouts out ‘Who played for Cardiff boys last year? Move over there’ , a few of us moved, next thing ‘Who played for their school team last year? Join them’, Next thing he says to the ones left was ‘Right, you lot can do soccer���� & cross country’!!!!!! There were obviously a few of us who were desperate to play football (In those day St Patricks was the only Catholic junior school to play football, so all us other Fenians had only known rugby as an organised sport). We actually had to get letters off our mothers requesting that their sons be able to play football. We ended up having a very successful football side but, Christ, we played in rags ( I’ve still got the photos of us in torn shirts, all different shades of blue) while the rugby sides had new kit every year, made us more determined though. By form 4 we shared the Seager Cup with the superstars���� of Fitzalan 1-1, who incidentally turned up for the . final in brand new kit for the occasion while we were like the ragged arse Rovers. No recognition at assembly or anything though, we were the outcast ‘soccer’ lot. So I suggest Frank f*cking Callus is arrested for putting Bale’s windows through and even though I’m writing this lying in a Benidorm hotel bedroom with a Monday morning hangover I’m willing to say I saw him do it��
    ..similar scenario at my old school. All the teachers bar 1 or 2 were typical rugger chaps - there was no way football was going to get a look in,even though practically everyone played football at break and lunch time...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ..similar scenario at my old school. All the teachers bar 1 or 2 were typical rugger chaps - there was no way football was going to get a look in,even though practically everyone played football at break and lunch time...
    Same here. All rugger buggers in Ponty Grammar, rugger boys get automatically picked for cricket (which I liked) as well. Grrrrr. No organised football.
    As above, unchtimes, school yard filled with boys playing footie. Not an egg shaped ball in sight

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Same here. All rugger buggers in Ponty Grammar, rugger boys get automatically picked for cricket (which I liked) as well. Grrrrr. No organised football.
    As above, unchtimes, school yard filled with boys playing footie. Not an egg shaped ball in sight
    My P.E teacher was an ex-scrum half for Llanelli and the other one was flanker for Pontardawe so absolutely no chance of football for us. We had to make do with a kick around after school.

It's short-sighted really because I was half decent with a football but some of the lads in my school seemed very talented. I wonder how much football talent is wasted in South Wales' schools?

You lot swear you was deprived from playing football ffs I played one game in high school but to be fair at that age the only time I wasn’t playing football I was either in school or sleeping

Played for the school (St Albans) and Cardiff Boys rugby before going to secondary school (Lady Mary). A few of us were really looking forward to this, a chance to play football, the game that was always played in St Albans yard (well not just one game, there was always about 3 or 4 games going on, amazing looking back, same goals, 4 different goalies yet everyone knew which game they were involved in and which ‘tennis ball’ they had to chase). Anyway gets to Lady Mary, first day Frank f*cking Callus gets all the new form ones on the back yard to sort out our sporting choices. The bully shouts out ‘Who played for Cardiff boys last year? Move over there’ , a few of us moved, next thing ‘Who played for their school team last year? Join them’, Next thing he says to the ones left was ‘Right, you lot can do soccer���� & cross country’!!!!!! There were obviously a few of us who were desperate to play football (In those day St Patricks was the only Catholic junior school to play football, so all us other Fenians had only known rugby as an organised sport). We actually had to get letters off our mothers requesting that their sons be able to play football. We ended up having a very successful football side but, Christ, we played in rags ( I’ve still got the photos of us in torn shirts, all different shades of blue) while the rugby sides had new kit every year, made us more determined though. By form 4 we shared the Seager Cup with the superstars���� of Fitzalan 1-1, who incidentally turned up for the . final in brand new kit for the occasion while we were like the ragged arse Rovers. No recognition at assembly or anything though, we were the outcast ‘soccer’ lot. So I suggest Frank f*cking Callus is arrested for putting Bale’s windows through and even though I’m writing this lying in a Benidorm hotel bedroom with a Monday morning hangover I’m willing to say I saw him do it��
    Mr John (Joggo) was just as bad re Rugby, just not as evil as Frank

I went to a Grammar school in the late sixties and l honestly thought things had moved on but reading this lt dosen’t seem that they have.I will never forget one of the boys back then asking why we couldn’t play football,he was told we breed gentleman here and soccer was a game for gentleman played by yobs and rugby was a game for yobs played by gentlemen thank **** they closed those places down not long after

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You lot swear you was deprived from playing football ffs I played one game in high school but to be fair at that age the only time I wasn’t playing football I was either in school or sleeping

We had a lad back then who refused to represent the school at rugger on a Saturday morning as he wanted to play football for the YMCA team in our village,once the school got wind of this they sent a letter to the YM asking them not to pick him,how the **** could they get away with that

We have a "Keep Cardiff tidy" campaign so maybe we need a "Don't smash up places where investment has been made, unless investment is more damaging to the area than good" campaign also.

It's not a catchy name but it could be backed up by the "firefighters save lives so stop distracting them with starting stupid fires deliberately, you fecks" that thankfully hasn't been needed for a little while but was relevant at one point.

Seriously though, stop littering and try to keep Cardiff (and Wales) a bit of a nice place to live in?

Same here, replace Cardiff references with Porthcawl Secondary Modern but I can't remember the games teacher's name, saw him hit a kid across the face with a dap one games lesson. Younger readers might need to translate 'dap', I suppose the closest thing these days are trainers.