+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunnarson signing for Al-Arabi

Gunnarson signing for Al-Arabi

Re: Gunnarson signing for Al-Arabi

Not surprising seeing as their manager is the ex Iceland manager that took them to the Euros and World Cup.

Big pay off. Can’t blame him.
    Has had a decent season when I for one doubted he could do it at this level.

At least we know where we stand now and can look to replace him.

I’d expect he’s on a pretty decent wage.

Good luck to Gunnar and thank you - he's been a great servant of Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good luck to Gunnar and thank you - he's been a great servant of Cardiff City.
    Agreed all the best Gunnar

He's been a stalwart for us for about 7 or 8 seasons now. A real competitor who has scored some important goals. Everybody has to move on at sometime, just like Whitts did. I hope we give him a good send off when we survive this season.

Absolutely gutted. Irreplaceable, the team's true captain, a player who is incapable of anything less than 110%. Our best player since his signing, as controversial as that opinion will be.

Shame really but can't blame him. Have been really impressed with his recent performances and has justified his selection ahead of Ralls.

Guess we'll be looking for a few midfielders in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Shame really but can't blame him. Have been really impressed with his recent performances and has justified his selection ahead of Ralls.

Guess we'll be looking for a few midfielders in the summer.
    you'd hope so but it was obvious we needed a right back as soon as we all left for the pub after Reading last season but here we are are nearly a year later still relying on Peltier (who to be fair was excellent against London FC)

All the best Gunnar - He totally deserves this - I imagine it's going to be a bit hot out there for him mind!

At least those in row Z of the Canton and Grange End will feel a bit safer as he won't be shooting at them next season.

If he's not playing for us, I'd rather him be in a league where there's no chance of facing him!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    you'd hope so but it was obvious we needed a right back as soon as we all left for the pub after Reading last season but here we are are nearly a year later still relying on Peltier (who to be fair was excellent against London FC)

All the best Gunnar - He totally deserves this - I imagine it's going to be a bit hot out there for him mind!

At least those in row Z of the Canton and Grange End will feel a bit safer as he won't be shooting at them next season.
    Might still have the threat of being taken out by a Harry Artur effort mind 😂

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    Absolutely gutted. Irreplaceable, the team's true captain, a player who is incapable of anything less than 110%. Our best player since his signing, as controversial as that opinion will be.
    Irreplaceable?.. oh, come on!

He's flitted in and out of form this season; in fairness, his last game against West Ham I thought was his best this season. Bamba has had a more positive impact on our games than Gunnarsson and has been more of an unelected captain than Gunnarsson in my opinion, more vocal and encouraging.

I will wish Gunnarsson well, but I would like us to find a midfielder with better passing ability than him, that way we might retain possession a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He's been a stalwart for us for about 7 or 8 seasons now. A real competitor who has scored some important goals. Everybody has to move on at sometime, just like Whitts did. I hope we give him a good send off when we survive this season.
    Your memory is obviously better than mine..

There's a lot of knowledgeable comments in that Twitter thread... "Why is he going to them for, never even heard of them"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Irreplaceable?.. oh, come on!

He's flitted in and out of form this season; in fairness, his last game against West Ham I thought was his best this season. Bamba has had a more positive impact on our games than Gunnarsson and has been more of an unelected captain than Gunnarsson in my opinion, more vocal and encouraging.

I will wish Gunnarsson well, but I would like us to find a midfielder with better passing ability than him, that way we might retain possession a bit better.
    It's not like we haven't won without him this season....... Oh wait.......
    Yes irreplaceable. He's like the bamba of our midfield, the only person on the pitch organising others, if you watch him off the ball he's always telling others (mainly ralls) where they should be. An eye for a pass (if the technique is somewhat lacking) such as that for Reid Vs Bournemouth, and the exact mental attitude we need. As fans we say as long as the players give 100% every time, we're happy, they can't do anymore. He's possibly the only player I've known to truly give 100 every single minute of every game, he's the one who's incapable of giving less. Yeah I think he's pretty irreplaceable

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    It's not like we haven't won without him this season....... Oh wait.......
    Yes irreplaceable. He's like the bamba of our midfield, the only person on the pitch organising others, if you watch him off the ball he's always telling others (mainly ralls) where they should be. An eye for a pass (if the technique is somewhat lacking) such as that for Reid Vs Bournemouth, and the exact mental attitude we need. As fans we say as long as the players give 100% every time, we're happy, they can't do anymore. He's possibly the only player I've known to truly give 100 every single minute of every game, he's the one who's incapable of giving less. Yeah I think he's pretty irreplaceable
    Of course he's replaceable

I suspect this type of deal was always likely he can be paraded as a captain of an successful International club .

His body has taking a battering in our name.

Good luck to him ,he always put a shift in, never let us down ,we always looked solid when he played.

Thanks Aron ( our Icelandic warrior)

First few seasons he didn't look capable but has had some excellent seasons with us.

Your memory is obviously better than mine..
    Forest last season in the run in
    Wolves this season
    Man City equaliser

Good luck to him, and good move for both him and the club. Lets hope he is replace with someone with more than 70% pass rate.

Thanks, Gunnar! He's nearly going to get 300 appearances for the club, and he's given us 8 years of loyal service.

Scored some big goals, Forest last season, Wolves this spring to mind and he leaves it all on the pitch. He even got 8 in 12-13 during our last promotion. Sorry to see him go, we've still not won a game without him.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Forest last season in the run in
    Wolves this season
    Man City equaliser
    So, that's one goal this season and one goal last season. As I suggested, a good memory is required.

Good luck to Gunnars i say, been a hell of a committed servant. Battled, won challenges, headers, scored goals, changed games, been a driving force and probably not given enough credit for his technical abilities as maybe he deserves. Always a better side with him in the team than without in my humble opinion.

Let's hope we can find another of similar ilk.

So, that's one goal this season and one goal last season. As I suggested, a good memory is required.
    They were huge goals, which is what the original point was. I know you don't rate him but you don't have to be an arse about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They were huge goals, which is what the original point was. I know you don't rate him but you don't have to be an arse about it.
    This is the internet, you have to be an arse about everything. It's the law