+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale

Gareth Bale

Not getting picked for Real Madrid. Could it just be that he’s past his best? When was the last time he had a stand out performance for Wales?

Don’t get me wrong my heart tells me that he’s our talisman and would tear it up if he joined one of the PL Champions League teams, but objectively speaking does no smoke without fire perhaps apply?

Re: Gareth Bale

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Not getting picked for Real Madrid. Could it just be that he’s past his best? When was the last time he had a stand out performance for Wales?

Don’t get me wrong my heart tells me that he’s our talisman and would tear it up if he joined one of the PL Champions League teams, but objectively speaking does no smoke without fire perhaps apply?
    Played and scored on Sunday, how is that not getting picked?????

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Has maybe lost a yard of the extremely explosive pace. Still a very good player.

For wales i would give him that central forward position. Lets Brooks and Wilson play the wider roles and let Ramsey come forward, by playing 2 central holding midfielders.

They don't want him there, he doesn't want to be there. His training/performances are bound to suffer.

There is a big void now CR has departed and it is not a simple as Bale stepping up.
    Personally I think that too much emphasis was put on getting the ball to Ronaldo as soon as possible and RM allowed him too much rope.

For me Bale is not past his best, although injuries from the way he plays the game with explosive pace may well hinder him more and more as he gets older and he may have to alter his playing style to suit.

The right club with the right manager will see him return to his best.

Go get him Neil

Gareth Bale is LOVING life in Madrid ....... Still another 3 years to run on his contract - Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Gareth Bale is LOVING life in Madrid ....... Still another 3 years to run on his contract - Happy days
    I'm actually glad to hear that.
    Perhaps I've got it completely wrong in my assessment above.
    How about....
    He gets on fine with the management and his primary role is to prepare the upcoming youngsters, making brief cameo appearances where required whilst all happy with him saving his best for

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm actually glad to hear that.
    Perhaps I've got it completely wrong in my assessment above.
    How about....
    He gets on fine with the management and his primary role is to prepare the upcoming youngsters, making brief cameo appearances where required whilst all happy with him saving his best for

He really needs to learn to adapt his game now imo just like Ronaldo did, his times up at Madrid I can only see Man Utd as a viable option for him

Is he fluent in Spanish yet?
    Genuine question.

The guy scored an overhead kick to win the Champions League final less than a year ago but now he's past it...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Is he fluent in Spanish yet?
    Genuine question.
    God no,and that’s were the problems start for him it’s disrespectful in the eyes of fans,l love the guy but he’s done himself no favours there

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    God no,and that’s were the problems start for him it’s disrespectful in the eyes of fans,l love the guy but he’s done himself no favours there
    Real fans routinely booed Ronaldo. Their expectation levels are through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    he was / is having lessons, speaking to my daughters Spanish tutor about it a while back, i used Bale as a example, he says that you times your age by 5 ( if under 18 its 3 times your age ) and if you are in a environment that just has that language spoken you should learn it in that amount of weeks, so Bale is 29, thats 145 weeks, just under 3 years, but it does have a drag factor when people break language and start to help you out in english

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He really needs to learn to adapt his game now imo just like Ronaldo did, his times up at Madrid I can only see Man Utd as a viable option for him
    Why only Man Utd?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why only Man Utd?
    I only see Man City as the other club who can afford him but he’s not pep’s type of player