+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Re: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Pencoed travel just quoted me
    £900 (including two drivers) ,no alcohol allowed

For the midlands and places like Southampton £735 as no second driver , so for the lesser trips which are generally more popular, then 43 x £30 is £1,290 , so that’s a fair margin
    Not all trips are £30, most are £25 some even £20.

It’s against the law to have alcohol on a sport travelling coach (not just football), that’s why we pay a premium !!!

Next question ?????

If you want a friendly PENCOED coach, I can get you one, as I’ve got a great working relationship with them They did our weekender in Newcastle, as EDWARDS were to expensive.
    PS:——Our EDWARDS day trip to Newcastle had 19 people on it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Spot on

They do a good job, even Bluetit!

Free trip for you young sir/madam/whatever

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not all trips are £30, most are £25 some even £20.

It’s against the law to have alcohol on a sport travelling coach (not just football), that’s why we pay a premium !!!

Next question ?????

If you want a friendly PENCOED coach, I can get you one, as I’ve got a great working relationship with them They did our weekender in Newcastle, as EDWARDS were to expensive.
    PS:——Our EDWARDS day trip to Newcastle had 19 people on it
    Plus not everyone who travels is an adult, we cater for kids as well at £10/£12/£15 depending on distance

Just post an invoice on here or alternatively, give me the name of the coach company you use and I’ll cal them myself, failing that, your welcome to email your invoice

I know how much they cost as I’ve done them myself and to charge more than the club is offering appears odd as the supporters club (Vince ) has said thy break even with the contribution from the club.

I think I went to Norwich on a subsidised trip for £5.00 and nobody requested more money then and that’s one hell of a difference.

I’m appreciate it’s hard work but as I’ve run coaches myself, however, please don’t inflate the cost of the vehicle hire.

Thanks
    James Travel, Caerphilly..call Rob or Les

I don’t have to justify myself to you or anyone.

I really can’t believe you think I’m a liar.

Plus not everyone who travels is an adult, we cater for kids as well at £10/£12/£15 depending on distance
    Don't you mean Bratts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    James Travel, Caerphilly..call Rob or Les

I don’t have to justify myself to you or anyone.

I really can’t believe you think I’m a liar.
    You do if your charging inflated prices to Cardiff City supporters and of course the HMRC

At the end of the day it’s reasonable to question why unofficial travel operators are charging more money than what the club advertised on its website for a subsidised trip to Burnley.

It should be non profit making and as you are charging, you should realease your statement of financial position to customers at the end of the season which is what CCSC do.

Y
    You do if your charging inflated prices to Cardiff City supporters and of course the HMRC

At the end of the day it’s reasonable to question why unofficial travel operators are charging more money than what the club advertised on its website for a subsidised trip to Burnley.

It should be non profit making and as you are charging, you should realease your statement of financial position to customers at the end of the season which is what CCSC do.
    We are not “unofficial”, we are tied into the football club and South Wales Police.

We attend all the monthly meetings and adhere to all requests from said police for force.

As Tim has already stated, “we are not in it for the money”, most people who travel know nearly everyone on their coach and
    it’s about a quality day out.

Don’t know about Tim, but any funds we got over, we all meet for a free day out on the last home game and drink until the kitty has gone

Very strange how this thread has gone, City fans complaining about the way other City fans get City fans to away games!! It’s all about choice who you go with and if you think you’re overcharged go with someone else or make your own arrangements, it’s that simple or do the complainers go into Marks & Spencer & make a scene because Home Bargains charge considerably less for the same product?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Very strange how this thread has gone, City fans complaining about the way other City fans get City fans to away games!! It’s all about choice who you go with and if you think you’re overcharged go with someone else or make your own arrangements, it’s that simple or do the complainers go into Marks & Spencer & make a scene because Home Bargains charge considerably less for the same product?
    It is a strange one, as you say Steve !!!!

I put it down to people with a type of illness, where they don’t like seeing certain people helping others.

I would love to see the snipers, take on booking coaches & tickets, going to meetings (6pm) and running back and forth the ticket office!!!!

Never going to happen is it !!!!!!

Ok then..... I suggest you make around £250 per coach on average, plus a free day out for you and a “steward”.

It’s funny how you have chosen to ignore the fact that coach prices have been obtained today via Pencoed travel clearly defining costs.

They did say the more I book,the more discount I would receive.

No wonder other coach operators have tried to justify their trips and how hard it is etc just like they did the last time the subject was raised. Your not a public service are you , your not helping others out of the goodness of your heart are you.

It’s not sniping , it’s asking for justification of you charging more that what was advertised on the club website.o

I suppose if you hand your customers a copy of the coach hire receipt as they boarded the coach then at least it gives transparency.

http://www.pencoedtravel.co.uk

It is a strange one, as you say Steve !!!!

I put it down to people with a type of illness, where they don’t like seeing certain people helping others.

I would love to see the snipers, take on booking coaches & tickets, going to meetings (6pm) and running back and forth the ticket office!!!!

Never going to happen is it !!!!!!
    Perhaps it’s an agenda to stop coach travel to away games so they can either gloat/complain (delete which is appropriate) when there’s only about 300 City an away fixture. I honestly cannot see the gist of their annoyance.

[QUOTE=Superdad;4960604]Ok then..... I suggest you make around £250 per coach on average, plus a free day out for you and a “steward”.

It’s funny how you have chosen to ignore the fact that coach prices have been obtained today via Pencoed travel clearly defining costs.

No wonder other coach operators have tried to justify their trips and how hard it is etc just like they did the last time the subject was raised.

You my friend are in “cloud cuckoo land” !!! And I’m not being facetious here

You said Denise at PENCOED gave you a price of £900 but no alcohol, so no good for any of the independent’s

I’m giving you the time of the day here as you clearly base everything on 50 adults travelling paying full fare, which NEVER happens

On iPhone so missed last two lines

Pencoed travel just quoted me
    £900 (including two drivers) ,no alcohol allowed

For the midlands and places like Southampton £735 as no second driver , so for the lesser trips which are generally more popular, then 43 x £30 is £1,290 , so that’s a fair margin
    Well done, now get a quote for a bus without Pencoed’s restrictions and you’ll find its nearer £950-£1000

Plus tips for driver etc...

By the way- your maths are using incorrect assumptions..

We don’t charge £30. We charge £25 for adults and less for kids ( £15 if with parent, £20 if not)

My coaches are 50/50 adult and youngsters - except Sheffield last year which was 25 kids and 5 adults and at the time £15 for all kids.

Having so many youngsters on poses it’s own problems too.

Over the years I’ve averaged 30-35 passengers per trip - more this season in fairness

Most seasons I break even, a few I’ve lost a few hundred and I pay for my own ticket and travel.

One season we did well and those who’d been regularly had a free trip to Palace

I have a good job and don’t need to make money off fellow fans. Ask anyone who knows me. Thanks

Midlands and Southampton are cheaper, but that’s only 2 trips.

There’s a lot of London clubs ( DLZ charge), and Northern ones - these all work out similar to Burnley.

Not joking- I’m happy to pass on the 300 numbers I’ve got to you if you want to do it.

Ok then..... I suggest you make around £250 per coach on average, plus a free day out for you and a “steward”.

No wonder other coach operators have tried to justify their trips and how hard it is etc just like they did the last time the subject was raised. Your not a public service are you , your not helping others out of the goodness of your heart are you.

It’s not sniping , it’s asking for justification of you charging more that what was advertised on the club website.o

I suppose if you hand your customers a copy of the coach hire receipt as they boarded the coach then at least it gives transparency.

http://www.pencoedtravel.co.uk
    The bit you highlighted, WON’T HAPPEN (it will with me as I know Denise really well and we go back about 30 years when they were MORRIS TRAVEL and I was running the Supporters Club

Try phoning EDWARDS, the firm that does the team ????

The bit you highlighted, WON’T HAPPEN (it will with me as I know Denise really well and we go back about 30 years when they were MORRIS TRAVEL and I was running the Supporters Club

Try phoning EDWARDS, the firm that does the team ????
    Ultimately,the club have deemed the subsidised travel of £5.00 sufficient to cover costs.If you feel it doesn’t, then you should take that up with them providing a breakdown of how much the excursion is costing you, rather than taking the easy route and charging supporters 100% more.

I’m sure the club will make up the loss if you submit your cost breakdown as CCSC appear happy with the arrangement.

As I have said , if you are paying considerably more than what the club are offering then of course you shouldn’t be out of pocket , but that shortfall should be negotiated between you and Cardiff City F.C.

Tim, Tony you don’t really need to justify yourselves at all, you really don’t. I don’t think you’re marching fans on to your buses by gun point 😂😂😂😂

Ultimately,the club have deemed the subsidised travel of £5.00 sufficient to cover costs.If you feel it doesn’t, then you should take that up with them providing a breakdown of how much the excursion is costing you, rather than taking the easy route and charging supporters 100% more.

I’m sure the club will make up the loss if you submit your cost breakdown as CCSC appear happy with the arrangement.

As I have said , if you are paying considerably more than what the club are offering then of course you shouldn’t be out of pocket , but that shortfall should be negotiated between you and Cardiff City F.C.
    The club got it wrong and I told them they got it wrong, but we are grateful for the contribution.

I STILL MAINTAIN IT SHOULD COME OFF MATCH TICKETS, SO EVERYONE BENEFITS, not just coach travellers, but apparently it is not allowed

I’d speak to,Wayne Nash, Stadium Manager

Wayne.nash@cardiffcityfc.co.uk

Splott Parker, No they are not but at the same time, they don’t tell fans how much the coach costs either. Furthermore, tips are not compulsory they should be optional to the paying passenger.

I’ve run non football coaches and know how much they cost yet still continue to be be shot down and described as “Ill” just for asking for clarification for the price difference in the subsidised cost. Hope that helps.

I’d speak to,Wayne Nash, Stadium Manager

Wayne.nash@cardiffcityfc.co.uk
    Wayne’s got enough on his plate, what with helping organise Cardiff City and his duties with Wales football.

We have our own Football Liaison Officer, who we talk to and that’s Adam Gillett.

No one goes over anyone’s head.

If anyone wants to know the cost of a coach, they only gotta ask (we talk to each other on our coaches, not sit there like mannequins with earphones) or phone up like you did .

As Tim stated, we all base our prices on 30/35 travelling (even the supporters club)

PS:/— if I wanted to speak to Wayne, I would phone his mobile anyway

Subsidised travel to Burnley? You'd have to pay me to go to that ********!

I have travelled on the TIT and Tim's bus in recent seasons. Both are exactly what you want, easy to book, easy to pay, turn up, have a good drink and a decent laugh, watch the city get beat and go home.

£25 return trip to somewhere like Bolton last season, you won't get that on the megabus etc, never mind the train. I couldn't care less if they were making a bit on the side with all the effort it must be, but I massively doubt they are. Now if you wan't to have a pop at Tim, those "blue" santa suits at Bolton last season....

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I have travelled on the TIT and Tim's bus in recent seasons. Both are exactly what you want, easy to book, easy to pay, turn up, have a good drink and a decent laugh, watch the city get beat and go home.

£25 return trip to somewhere like Bolton last season, you won't get that on the megabus etc, never mind the train. I couldn't care less if they were making a bit on the side with all the effort it must be, but I massively doubt they are. Now if you wan't to have a pop at Tim, those "blue" santa suits at Bolton last season....
    What are you referring to in your last sentence ,please enlighten me.

Furthermore, you aren’t bothered, neither am I particularly, that said , there is obviously a need to protect their income streams by the way they are trying to justify things.

At the end of the day ,nobody really questions them regarding what they do, but when things that the club are doing is undermined, then I think is more than reasonable to ask for transparency.

It suggests to me that the clubs offer probably makes the operator break even.

If your paying for something, you are entitled to ask how much things cost as afterall they are providing a service for free

Furthermore, you aren’t bothered, neither am I particularly, that said , there is obviously a need to protect their income streams by the way they are trying to justify things.

At the end of the day ,nobody really questions them regarding what they do, but when things that the club are doing is undermined, then I think is more than reasonable to ask for transparency.

If you’re paying for something, you are entitled to ask how much things cost as afterall they are providing a service for free
    It was us who were undermined, as there was no consultation, we normally agree things around the table, when all parties are in attendance, this didn’t happen, this a breakdown in communication.

Had to correct YOUR “your”, as your your didn’t make any sense and I couldn’t understand it

I’m not protecting anything, as there is nothing to protect !!!!

If your paying for something, you are entitled to ask how much things cost as afterall they are providing a service for free
    Remind me to get ahead of you at the supermarket check out.