+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Re: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Remind me to get ahead of you at the supermarket check out.

Is there an “over my head smiley”

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    What are you referring to in your last sentence ,please enlighten me.

Furthermore, you aren’t bothered, neither am I particularly, that said , there is obviously a need to protect their income streams by the way they are trying to justify things.

At the end of the day ,nobody really questions them regarding what they do, but when things that the club are doing is undermined, then I think is more than reasonable to ask for transparency.

It suggests to me that the clubs offer probably makes the operator break even.

If your paying for something, you are entitled to ask how much things cost as afterall they are providing a service for free
    Was joking in regards to the santa outfits. They cost a fiver and were sky blue. All a good laugh and well worth the fiver and I'd think the same had Tim only paid £1 for each one!

The club should just subsidise tickets tbh as people who travel by car/train get zero benefit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It was us who were undermined, as there was no consultation, we normally agree things around the table, when all parties are in attendance, this didn’t happen, this a breakdown in communication.

Had to correct YOUR “your”, as your your didn’t make any sense and I couldn’t understand it

I’m not protecting anything, as there is nothing to protect !!!!

If there is not ,then I sure for transparency you will post your invoices on here for all to see then .... You’re charging for a service, however, when a few people question your running costs you provide no evidence.

As I’ve already alluded to , I’ve run coaches before, as recently as January, and I’m just wondering why you’re prices are more than what I’ve paid and more than what I’ve been quoted today.

I don’t really think calling people “Ill” is a valid argument, and you obviously are pissed off that I have the cheek to question your running costs on a public forum.

I think your deluded if you think your providing a service from the goodness of your heart.

If there is not ,then I sure for transparency you will post your invoices on here for all to see then .... You’re charging for a service, however, when a few people question your running costs you provide no evidence.

As I’ve already alluded to , I’ve run coaches before, as recently as January, and I’m just wondering why you’re prices are more than what I’ve paid and more than what I’ve been quoted today.

I don’t really think calling people “Ill” is a valid argument, and you obviously are pissed off that I have the cheek to question your running costs on a public forum.
    But you haven’t been quoted for the same services that we provide !!!!!

I could go to Denise and get a cheaper quote than you got, but not for the service that we will be providing .

Me “pissed off” loving the debate my little friend

Post the invoices then and prove me wrong. What services do you provide that’s so different what I organise.

Post the invoices then and prove me wrong.
    Not sure if it’s against the data protection act !

07976574343 send me a text and I may text you a photo of one

Cancel that, I ain’t got any paper ones as it’s all done by Email

Just email them to me

I bought a piece of kit off Lawnmower and sold it on at a 800% profit margin

I haven't even bought him a pint

I've worked out that if he takes my arsey son on his bus for the next 339 years he'll get his money back

That'll show him

Yes
    Just email them to me
    Meet me in the pub on Sunday and you can read um off my phone

Yes

Meet me in the pub on Sunday and you can read um off my phone
    Which pub is that , as I usually drink in the borough and Kiwis why don’t you come in there ?

Which pub is that , as I usually drink in the borough and Kiwis why don’t you come in there ?
    I find Kiwi’s cider a bit stale, as if it’s late dated barrels.

Used to always use the Borough (good friends with jeff&debbie), but only go there late on Sunday nights after playing cards

I drink in The Canton

I find Kiwi’s cider a bit stale, as if it’s late dated barrels.

Used to always use the Borough (good friends with jeff&debbie), but only go there late on Sunday nights after playing cards

I drink in The Canton

I don’t go to Canton , so,I’m happy to meet you in the Borough for a perusal of your phone, or if I’m in the area I go,to the Church Inn occasionally, or I can pick you up and we can go for a pint 🍺

Just meet up in Beddau and get it other with

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Just meet up in Beddau and get it other with
    Translation please

I don’t go to Canton , so,I’m happy to meet you in the Borough for a perusal of your phone, or if I’m in the area I go,to the Church Inn occasionally, or I can pick you up and we can go for a pint ��
    You’ve got my number so text me when you are in the Borough

Super dad.
    You are quick with accusations, but not so quick to back them up.

Are you still saying you don’t believe the price I gave you from James Travel ? For some strange reason you think ringing a different company and asking for s different service backs up your wild and totally untrue accusation.

Ring Rob or Les and ask them. I’ve absolutely nothing to hide.

They run many of the independent coaches so you’ll have a worthwhile answer off them- rather than a company who makes rules no one wants to work to and no one uses 😂

You are also very quiet on the subject of taking over from me . Why is that ? Considering you seem to know it all and can make yourself a fortune. Perhaps you don’t even believe yourself ?

As for defending ourselves- you’ve clearly accused me of lying- so what do you expect ?

Ultimately,the club have deemed the subsidised travel of £5.00 sufficient to cover costs.If you feel it doesn’t, then you should take that up with them providing a breakdown of how much the excursion is costing you, rather than taking the easy route and charging supporters 100% more.

I’m sure the club will make up the loss if you submit your cost breakdown as CCSC appear happy with the arrangement.

As I have said , if you are paying considerably more than what the club are offering then of course you shouldn’t be out of pocket , but that shortfall should be negotiated between you and Cardiff City F.C.
    That’s not actually true.
    They have agreed £5 with the supporters club. Which is fine. They haven’t said anything to the other organisers in the Travel Club as it’ll be up to each of us to work out what is best.

I’m not sure myself yet.

We are looking full, but then with Brighton and Man City looking a bit bleak, may be worth asking a bit more for this one, or even asking a bit more and rewarding those who’ve travelled regularly with a cheap trip at the end of the season.

Something to ponder over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tim, Tony you don’t really need to justify yourselves at all, you really don’t. I don’t think you’re marching fans on to your buses by gun point 😂😂😂😂
    No I’m not, but I really don’t appreciate being accused of lying.

Especially when the accuser clearly hasn’t got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I bought a piece of kit off Lawnmower and sold it on at a 800% profit margin

I haven't even bought him a pint

I've worked out that if he takes my arsey son on his bus for the next 339 years he'll get his money back

That'll show him
    🤔

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I have travelled on the TIT and Tim's bus in recent seasons. Both are exactly what you want, easy to book, easy to pay, turn up, have a good drink and a decent laugh, watch the city get beat and go home.

£25 return trip to somewhere like Bolton last season, you won't get that on the megabus etc, never mind the train. I couldn't care less if they were making a bit on the side with all the effort it must be, but I massively doubt they are. Now if you wan't to have a pop at Tim, those "blue" santa suits at Bolton last season....
    One of those days when the trip is better than the game 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    No I’m not, but I really don’t appreciate being accused of lying.

Especially when the accuser clearly hasn’t got a clue.
    I’m not accusing anybody and you high=jacked the thread to be fair as you always appear to do as you and TiT have a vested interest in the subject we are discussing.

I do have a clue, I’ve told you that I run coaches, but clearly as it doesn’t fit your remit you bring in other scenarios that are totally one offs in order to justify your services.

You don’t run coaches if there is insufficient demand either., although there is the odd occasion when the trip is loss making. I have been following City away for 30 years and there have been times where the official supporters bus is half full, but they are official and provide statements of financial positions at AGM’s.

What I do find predicable is how you try to justify everything without letting other supporters voice their opinions.

Anything else you wish to add or do you want to meet me with your audited accounts also ?

I’m not accusing anybody and you high=jacked the thread to be fair as you always appear to do as you and TiT have a vested interest in the subject we are discussing.

I do have a clue, I’ve told you that I run coaches, but clearly as it doesn’t fit your remit you bring in other scenarios that are totally one offs in order to justify your services.

You don’t run coaches if there is insufficient demand either., although there is the odd occasion when the trip is loss making. I have been following City away for 30 years and there have been times where the official supporters bus is half full, but they are official and provide statements of financial positions at AGM’s.

What I do find predicable is how you try to justify everything without letting other supporters voice their opinions.

Anything else you wish to add or do you want to meet me with your audited accounts also ?

So , if you aren’t accusing me of lying then do you believe me about the £950 for Burnley?

Did you ring James Travel ?
    Ring them - get the answer. I won’t expect an apology.

You are also still avoiding the questions I asked. Why’s that ? You want me to justify everything and I have , yet you just avoid the questions.

As to what you say above ....

I often run half full or less coaches.
    Sometimes that’s just how it works out.

Burnley last time when we went up - 19 on it,
    Newcastle last time we were in the prem 17

Not the only times, but they stick out, as both were last game of the season and we’d just about broken even prior to those trips

Why do I sometimes run at a loss.. I don’t like letting people down. Again, ask anyone who knows me.

Lost the best part of £1000 between those 2 trips.

As for audited accounts, what the hell are you on about ?.

Even medium size businesses don’t need audited accounts these days.

opinions are fine, but not when you are accusing myself and Tony of things which just aren’t true

You clearly DON’T have a clue as you have proved time and again in this debate.

- you think we are all making a fortune .. untrue
    - you’ve gone to compare costs with a company who run their coaches to rules that the lads who travel with us won’t accept
    - you expect us to have audited accounts
    - you think we never run less than half full coaches
    - after I told you who to contact about the coach price you rang someone else

So , yeah, once upon a time you say you ran a coach- but you now clearly don’t have a clue .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    So , if you aren’t accusing me of lying then do you believe me about the £950 for Burnley?

Did you ring James Travel ?
    Ring them - get the answer. I won’t expect an apology.

You are also still avoiding the questions I asked. Why’s that ? You want me to justify everything and I have , yet you just avoid the questions.

As to what you say above ....

I often run half full or less coaches.
    Sometimes that’s just how it works out.

Burnley last time when we went up - 19 on it,
    Newcastle last time we were in the prem 17

Not the only times, but they stick out, as both were last game of the season and we’d just about broken even prior to those trips

Why do I sometimes run at a loss.. I don’t like letting people down. Again, ask anyone who knows me.

Lost the best part of £1000 between those 2 trips.

As for audited accounts, what the hell are you on about ?.

Even medium size businesses don’t need audited accounts these days.

opinions are fine, but not when you are accusing myself and Tony of things which just aren’t true

You clearly DON’T have a clue as you have proved time and again in this debate.

- you think we are all making a fortune .. untrue
    - you’ve gone to compare costs with a company who run their coaches to rules that the lads who travel with us won’t accept
    - you expect us to have audited accounts
    - you think we never run less than half full coaches
    - after I told you who to contact about the coach price you rang someone else

So , yeah, once upon a time you say you ran a coach- but you now clearly don’t have a clue .

Clearly your not reading what I post either , I last ran a coach in January, and it was to Sheffield Arena, and it cost around £700. I think you know what I mean about the audited accounts statement , so stop it with the pedantic stuff. We appear to be going around in circles so, if your so certain of the costs then put them on here for every trip not just the expensive ones.

For the record The Burnley trip is about par.

Do have anything else to add in this one sided debate ?

Is there an “over my head smiley”
    It's times like this I miss Penarth Kev's contributions.

Clearly your not reading what I post either , I last ran a coach in January, and it was to Sheffield Arena, and it cost around £700. I think you know what I mean about the audited accounts statement , so stop it with the pedantic stuff. We appear to be going around in circles so, if your so certain of the costs then put them on here for every trip not just the expensive ones.

For the record The Burnley trip is about par.

Do have anything else to add in this one sided debate ?
    Superdad, can I ask why you’re so concerned? I suppose you’ll reply that you’re looking after the interests of fellow City fans who you believe are being shortchanged. But these City fans are obviously happy with what they’re paying and what service they receive for that payment otherwise they wouldn’t keep
    coming back for more (and that can’t be disputed as the operators who you’re so keen to criticise have had the same faces on their buses for a fair few seasons now). So, I ask again, why are you so concerned with an issue that really doesn’t concern you as by your very demeanour and opposition you would never set foot on one of these lads buses? I’m sure readers of this thread would be interested to learn of your agenda.👍