+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Clearly your not reading what I post either , I last ran a coach in January, and it was to Sheffield Arena, and it cost around £700. I think you know what I mean about the audited accounts statement , so stop it with the pedantic stuff. We appear to be going around in circles so, if your so certain of the costs then put them on here for every trip not just the expensive ones.

For the record The Burnley trip is about par.

Do have anything else to add in this one sided debate ?
    Going around in circles because you still won’t answer me.

Do you believe me when I tell you the Burnley trip is £950 ??

As for the others, I don’t keep records of them all, but Southampton and Wolves were the cheapest at £760, Newcastle the most expensive at about £1200 and most end up around £850-£980 with the London trips all costing £200 more than they should due to the Low Emission Zone. Luckily no bridge now, which used to add on, although a lot of clubs charge for parking.

The drivers ‘tip’ thing is completely up front with the passengers. Personally I don’t think they should have a choice in whether he gets a tip or not. It’s a very hard job and they don’t get a massive pay and put up with a lot. Anyone who thinks that is wrong has the choice of not coming.

I also NEVER have a complaint about the cost as everyone thinks it’s fair and in general we compare well with CCSC especially as there is no membership fee etc...

Going around with a hat to sleeping and drunk people is not something I want to do and to be honest normally on the way home I just want a bit of peace.

I also see what other clubs charge, and the ice hockey and they seem expensive compared to us.

Maybe that is why CCFC have a higher % of their fans going by coach than any other club.

It really does seem like you’ve got a chip on your shoulder about this, but I can certainly say with confidence from my personal experience that you have got it very wrong if you think we make any significant money out of this.

The other thing that hits me is where I get tickets for fans who don’t turn up- and then never hear from them again.

It happens a lot - and I can’t get a refund.

Or people who can only pay on the day and don’t turn up.
    I’ve stopped taking them.

Finally- I Can’t believe you rang Tony’s house because he’s not agreed with what you are saying on here. That’s low.

Why did he give his number out then?? I’m sure a simple discussion would have resolved things , but he was out. Clearly , messageboard debates get out of proportion

Why did he give his number out then?? I’m sure a simple discussion would have resolved things , but he was out.
    See above quote about my number !!!!

Most fans/people use it to talk, book coach seats, book match tickets, NOT TO MAKE THREATENING COMMENTS

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Most fans/people use it to talk, book coach seats, book match tickets, NOT TO MAKE THREATENING COMMENTS
    Report him to the police for making threatening comments Tony

You gave out your number so,I wanted to speak to you about certain aspects of your posts which frankly I took offence.

If you think I made threatening comments please say what as I can assure you I did not.

You gave out your number so,I wanted to speak to you about certain aspects of your posts which frankly I took offence.

If you think I made threatening comments please say what as I can assure you I did not.
    Quote “I got evidence that doesn’t add up and I WORK FOR THE TAX OFFICE”

If that’s not a threat, to a 65 year old woman, I don’t know what is

I didn’t say that at all ,

Look at the end of the day you can charge what you want and if people pay , fine , that said I entitled to my opinion

I didn’t say that at all ,

Look at the end of the day you can charge what you want and if people pay , fine , that said I entitled to my opinion
    So now my wife is a liar, along with Tim

You are a piece of work you are

Quote “I got evidence that doesn’t add up and I WORK FOR THE TAX OFFICE”

If that’s not a threat, to a 65 year old woman, I don’t know what is
    If he’s said he works for the tax office and threatened you, it’s a sackable offence. Report him

As. I said I didn’t that and i don’t work for the tax office I’m afraid.

Why did he give his number out then?? I’m sure a simple discussion would have resolved things , but he was out. Clearly , messageboard debates get out of proportion
    Most don't cross the line into real life though. It's a bit bonkers to call up a stranger because you think they are wrong on the internet.