+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Subsidised travel to Burnley

Just £5 per person. Fantastic by the club.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ECpssH5VE.link

Re: Subsidised travel to Burnley

It doesn’t work out, even if you have a full coach, the subsidy given, doesn’t cover costs !!!!!!

Ours will be £10

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It doesn’t work out, even if you have a full coach, the subsidy given, doesn’t cover costs !!!!!!

Ours will be £10

We have had this debate before , you make more than enough money to cover costs, as we both know how much it is to hire a decent coach with toilets.

How much money do you want to make from fellow city fans ?

If I’m wrong , why don’t you post an invoice on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    We have had this debate before , you make more than enough money to cover costs, as we both know how much it is to hire a decent coach with toilets.

Don’t hold your breath!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Don’t hold your breath!
    Knew you’d rock up you little s hit

I always bring up at the meetings, money should come off away tickets so everyone benefits, not just coach travellers

49 seater coach approximately £1000

Club paying £750, so £250 deficit

2 stewards so down to 47 travelling, that’s IF you fill the coach !!!!!

47 x £5 = £235 minus 2 tickets for the stewards £60 which = £175

£50 each driver = £100 which = £75

So IF we get 47 people travelling we lose £175

Next

Knew you’d rock up you little s hit

I always bring up at the meetings, money should come off away tickets so everyone benefits, not just coach travellers

49 seater coach approximately £1000

Club paying £750, so £250 deficit

2 stewards so down to 47 travelling, that’s IF you fill the coach !!!!!

47 x £5 = £235 minus 2 tickets for the stewards £60 which = £175

£50 each driver = £100 which = £75

So IF we get 47 people travelling we lose £175

Next
    “Little Shit”

You can bullshit some of the people, some of the time. But you can’t bullshit all of the people, all of the time.

Oh, and and I’m bigger than you to by the way...physically and morally.

A coach is near the £750 region and the usual cost is £30 per person on average , so like I said import an invoice on here to prove me wrong then great.

The supporters club have published coach costs in their annual statement as they are accountable, and you appear to be the only travel organisation taking up this offer with a higher cost than anybody else.

A coach is near the £750 region and the usual cost is £30 per person on average , so like I said import an invoice on here to prove me wrong then great.

The supporters club have published coach costs in their annual statement as they are accountable, and you appear to be the only travel organisation taking up this offer with a higher cost than anybody else.
    Nope, others are £10 and £12 as well

Please, please get me a coach to Burnley for £750

Invoice? ......You got more chance of seeing his tax returns!

If it’s a loss maker then don’t run it, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

This should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    We have regulars who go to every game, any profits from well supported trips, subsidise any loss making trips.

2 of these coming up, will be Manchester City and Brighton, both night games and I would estimate about 20 to 30 on each trip.

what’s going on here then

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    what’s going on here then
    It's a chuckle brothers sketch - to me, to you, to me, to you.

We have regulars who go to every game, any profits from well supported trips, subsidise any loss making trips.

2 of these coming up, will be Manchester City and Brighton, both night games and I would estimate about 20 to 30 on each trip.
    2 break even trips, and 17 “profitable” ones.

Salt of the Earth !

Our coach to Burnley is £950, plus tips for the drivers, which in mine I pay out of the money collected.

I honestly doubt that any decent coach company would do it cheaper.

In fact when I’ve had to use other companies it’s cost more.

Give me your phone number and I will send you a screen shot of the text from the coach company

It’s not the sort of work they are fighting over.

The £750 the club are giving is a big help, but it won’t cover all the costs.

Over a season personally I’m happy if I break even.

It’s also hard work, especially with sorting people’s tickets and then drop outs and people messing you about and not paying.

We did well from Southampton , but lost about £500 on Newcastle..

I doubt anyone is in it for the money- if they are then there are definitely easier ways of earning it !

Personally I’m struggling to find the time to organise it, with my job being so demanding and the new laws etc... we have to deal with don’t help. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to continue next season anyway, so if anyone wants to help or take over as it’s clearly so lucrative then let me know.

👍

From an outsiders point of view it looks as if the club have assumed a total cost per bus of £1000 each with 50 fare paying customers.
    Giving each coach £750 leaves £250 to be covered by those 50 ie £5 each. That's obviously not the reality for the organisers.

The lads who run the coaches do a hard job very well in my opinion. After I’ve paid my money all I have to do is be at the pick up point on time, bus turns up, match ticket sorted, a pub arranged on the way for a pint & a bite to eat, straight to the ground, back to Cardiff immediately after the game. If some people think its too expensive, of course, that’s up to to them, there’s always National Express, Megabus or train, doubt you’ll get the same things though and you’d have to make your own way to the grounds from bus stations, train stations at your expense. Can’t see the resentment myself, each to their own, if you’re not keen on a certain way of travelling use another way, it’s not a hard decision.

Is a subsidy supposed to cover all costs?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is a subsidy supposed to cover all costs?
    Clue is in "subsidy". The club are paying approx. 3/4 of the coach hire. It's a generous offer but, unless match tickets are subsidised, not equable for all attending Burnley away as many will make their own way.....me included for this match. I'm quite happy to use coaches where possible. Having spent a fair chunk of my working life organising trips, I know how much time and effort (and hassle) is involved in the apparently simple.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Clue is in "subsidy". The club are paying approx. 3/4 of the coach hire. It's a generous offer but, unless match tickets are subsidised, not equable for all attending Burnley away as many will make their own way.....me included for this match. I'm quite happy to use coaches where possible. Having spent a fair chunk of my working life organising trips, I know how much time and effort (and hassle) is involved in the apparently simple.
    I know what it means, it's a leading question

I've nothing against the guys who run the coaches, good for them for doing it, but two have said it doesn't cover all costs when I don't imagine it's supposed to. It seems odd to be criticism #01

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Our coach to Burnley is £950, plus tips for the drivers, which in mine I pay out of the money collected.

I honestly doubt that any decent coach company would do it cheaper.

In fact when I’ve had to use other companies it’s cost more.

Give me your phone number and I will send you a screen shot of the text from the coach company

It’s not the sort of work they are fighting over.

The £750 the club are giving is a big help, but it won’t cover all the costs.

Over a season personally I’m happy if I break even.

It’s also hard work, especially with sorting people’s tickets and then drop outs and people messing you about and not paying.

We did well from Southampton , but lost about £500 on Newcastle..

I doubt anyone is in it for the money- if they are then there are definitely easier ways of earning it !

Personally I’m struggling to find the time to organise it, with my job being so demanding and the new laws etc... we have to deal with don’t help. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to continue next season anyway, so if anyone wants to help or take over as it’s clearly so lucrative then let me know.

��

Just post an invoice on here or alternatively, give me the name of the coach company you use and I’ll cal them myself, failing that, your welcome to email your invoice

I know how much they cost as I’ve done them myself and to charge more than the club is offering appears odd as the supporters club (Vince ) has said thy break even with the contribution from the club.

I think I went to Norwich on a subsidised trip for £5.00 and nobody requested more money then and that’s one hell of a difference.

I’m appreciate it’s hard work but as I’ve run coaches myself, however, please don’t inflate the cost of the vehicle hire.

Thanks

Just post an invoice on here or alternatively, give me the name of the coach company you use and I’ll cal them myself, failing that, your welcome to email your invoice

I know how much they cost as I’ve done them myself and to charge more than the club is offering appears odd as the supporters club (Vince ) has said thy break even with the contribution from the club.

I think I went to Norwich on a subsidised trip for £5.00 and nobody requested more money then and that’s one hell of a difference.

I’m appreciate it’s hard work but as I’ve run coaches myself, however, please don’t inflate the cost of the vehicle hire.

Thanks
    Pencoed travel just quoted me
    £900 (including two drivers) ,no alcohol allowed

For the midlands and places like Southampton £735 as no second driver , so for the lesser trips which are generally more popular, then 43 x £30 is £1,290 , so that’s a fair margin

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The lads who run the coaches do a hard job very well in my opinion. After I’ve paid my money all I have to do is be at the pick up point on time, bus turns up, match ticket sorted, a pub arranged on the way for a pint & a bite to eat, straight to the ground, back to Cardiff immediately after the game. If some people think its too expensive, of course, that’s up to to them, there’s always National Express, Megabus or train, doubt you’ll get the same things though and you’d have to make your own way to the grounds from bus stations, train stations at your expense. Can’t see the resentment myself, each to their own, if you’re not keen on a certain way of travelling use another way, it’s not a hard decision.
    Spot on

They do a good job, even Bluetit!