+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Re: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Clearly your not reading what I post either , I last ran a coach in January, and it was to Sheffield Arena, and it cost around £700. I think you know what I mean about the audited accounts statement , so stop it with the pedantic stuff. We appear to be going around in circles so, if your so certain of the costs then put them on here for every trip not just the expensive ones.

For the record The Burnley trip is about par.

Do have anything else to add in this one sided debate ?
    £700 to Sheffield, please please inform me who that was with for a 49 seater coach ????

Huddersfield up the road was £950 and some of the boys paid £1200

Clearly your not reading what I post either , I last ran a coach in January, and it was to Sheffield Arena, and it cost around £700. I think you know what I mean about the audited accounts statement , so stop it with the pedantic stuff. We appear to be going around in circles so, if your so certain of the costs then put them on here for every trip not just the expensive ones.

Bollocks did you get a coach to Sheffield for £700, post the invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Superdad, can I ask why you’re so concerned? I suppose you’ll reply that you’re looking after the interests of fellow City fans who you believe are being shortchanged. But these City fans are obviously happy with what they’re paying and what service they receive for that payment otherwise they wouldn’t keep
    coming back for more (and that can’t be disputed as the operators who you’re so keen to criticise have had the same faces on their buses for a fair few seasons now). So, I ask again, why are you so concerned with an issue that really doesn’t concern you as by your very demeanour and opposition you would never set foot on one of these lads buses? I’m sure readers of this thread would be interested to learn of your agenda.👍

I’m not that concerned, and there is no agenda , there really isn’t , but I’m not surprised as to how this thread has turned out. I’m all for buses being run but the profit margins should be minimal at best.

The last coach me and a colleague ran to Sheffield arena we charged £19 as we managed to break even. THe original cost was £25 , but the more we filled the cheaper it became for the touring party.. We didn’t tip the driver and the passengers did a whip round for the coach operators. We kept the passengers informed at all times of the cost incurred

I find it odd that the prices I charge and get quoted ( even today an operator gave me prices ) and ridiculed when it comes to football. I find it even more odd that coach operators are asking for more money when a pre agreed price was arranged between them and Cardiff City.

I also think that going forward, coach operators should publish the amount paid to the coach company prior travel to,allow the paying passenger to decide if the amount they are being charged is reasonable.

It was , and rather than me posting an invoice not related to Cardiff City, why don’t you call a few coach companies around S Wales and find out for yourself

Thanks
    And even if it was was 1000, 45 x 30 is still £1,350

I’m not that concerned, and there is no agenda , there really isn’t , but I’m not surprised as to how this thread has turned out. I’m all for buses being run but the profit margins should be minimal at best.

The last coach me and a colleague ran to Sheffield arena we charged £19 as we managed to break even. THe original cost was £25 , but the more we filled the cheaper it became for the touring party.. We didn’t tip the driver and the passengers did a whip round for the coach operators. We kept the passengers informed at all times of the cost incurred

I find it odd that the prices I charge and get quoted ( even today an operator gave me prices ) and ridiculed when it comes to football. I find it even more odd that coach operators are asking for more money when a pre agreed price was arranged between them and Cardiff City.

I also think that going forward, coach operators should publish the amount paid to the coach company prior travel to,allow the paying passenger to decide if the amount they are being charged is reasonable.
    How many times do we have to say it “THERE WAS NO PRE-AGREED PRICE WITH CARDIFF CITY”

First we knew was when they put it out there

Threaten me by all means but don’t you dare speak to my wife like that again

It was , and rather than me posting an invoice not related to Cardiff City, why don’t you call a few coach companies around S Wales and find out for yourself

Thanks
    And even if it was was 1000, 45 x 30 is still £1,350

Minus kids, minus tickets, minus £100 for the drivers

Keep um coming

So,your now saying you pay for tickets as well :hehe

That’s a new one

So,your now saying you pay for tickets as well :hehe

That’s a new one
    £60 two tickets for the coach stewards

Pitch us another one

Why should the passengers indirectly pay for tickets for other people ?
    Doesn’t appear reasonable does it , afterall they are not paying for their travel are they they ?

Keep them coming

Why should the passengers indirectly pay for tickets for other people ?
    Doesn’t appear reasonable does it , afterall they are not paying for their travel are they they ?

Keep them coming
    Looking after the coach is time consuming, keeping it clean, keeping the fans happy with music, it’s hard work, but they enjoy doing it

I would ****ing hate to see you with a bee in your bonnet about something

Right ,I’ve exhusted every avenue for now and you appear the to always want the last word.

Read carefully back through my posts and you may be able see my point of view.

You obviously going to say there is no financial gain in the coach travel but I’m sorry, from my experience I just don’t agree with you at all.

Furthermore can you kindly refrain from calling posters who,have a different but informed view to yours as Ill as they may indirectly take offence especially when you are offering your phone number out and arranging a meet.

I’m sure when sleep on it you will realise that is an indirect threat which of course if you were my age I would oblige but apparently you have retired so,I’d prefer to,give it a swerve until things are more cordial.

Nos da

Right ,I’ve exhusted every avenue for now and you appear the to always want the last word.

You obviously going to say there is no financial gain in the coach travel but I’m sorry, from my experience I just don’t agree with you at all.

Furthermore can you kindly refrain from calling posters who,have a different but informed view to yours as Ill as they may indirectly take offence especially when you are offering your phone number out and arranging a meet.

I’m sure when sleep on it you will realise that is an indirect threat which of course if you were my age I would oblige but apparently you have retired so,I’d prefer to,give it a swerve until things are more cordial.

Nos da
    Twat

Ouch

I’m sure when sleep on it you will realise that is an indirect threat which of course if you were my age I would oblige but apparently you have retired.
    You ran ONE coach, we do it week in week out, one coach may make a bit, another may lose a bit, but we make sure fans can get to games often and as economical as possible.

My phone number has been on here since dinosaurs walked the earth, it was not exclusive to you !!!!!

You wanted to see invoices so it was you who instigated a meeting

Don’t let me being retired put you off (another threat from you I see)

Going around in circles because you still won’t answer me.

Do you believe me when I tell you the Burnley trip is £950 ??

As for the others,

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

As for the others,
    I’ve alrealy said In other posts that the Burnley charge is par , but I appreciate you may have missed that.

Nos da
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You ran ONE coach, we do it week in week out, one coach may make a bit, another may lose a bit, but we make sure fans can get to games often and as economical as possible.

My phone number has been on here since dinosaurs walked the earth, it was not exclusive to you !!!!!

You wanted to see invoices so it was you who instigated a meeting

Don’t let me being retired put you off (another threat from you I see)
    This must have passed you by,as you haven’t replied

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This must have passed you by,as you haven’t replied
    I asked you email me ,and you asked to meet you in Canton.....I drink in town so said why don’t you come into town.

Anything else before I sign off ?

As for the others, I don’t keep records of them all, but Southampton and Wolves were the cheapest at £760, Newcastle the most expensive at about £1200 and most end up around £850-£980 with the London trips all costing £200 more than they should due to the Low Emission Zone. Luckily no bridge now, which used to add on, although a lot of clubs charge for parking.

The drivers ‘tip’ thing is completely up front with the passengers. Personally I don’t think they should have a choice in whether he gets a tip or not. It’s a very hard job and they don’t get a massive pay and put up with a lot. Anyone who thinks that is wrong has the choice of not coming.

I also NEVER have a complaint about the cost as everyone thinks it’s fair and in general we compare well with CCSC especially as there is no membership fee etc...

Going around with a hat to sleeping and drunk people is not something I want to do and to be honest normally on the way home I just want a bit of peace.

I also see what other clubs charge, and the ice hockey and they seem expensive compared to us.

Maybe that is why CCFC have a higher % of their fans going by coach than any other club.

It really does seem like you’ve got a chip on your shoulder about this, but I can certainly say with confidence from my personal experience that you have got it very wrong if you think we make any significant money out of this.

The other thing that hits me is where I get tickets for fans who don’t turn up- and then never hear from them again.

It happens a lot - and I can’t get a refund.

Or people who can only pay on the day and don’t turn up.
    I’ve stopped taking them.

Finally- I Can’t believe you rang Tony’s house because he’s not agreed with what you are saying on here. That’s low.

I asked you email me ,and you asked to meet you in Canton.....I drink in town so said why don’t you come into town.

Anything else before I sign off ?
    Anyone who knows me, knows I don’t do Email’s

They tend to end up in cyberspace with me

Still get everyone’s tickets with pen and ink at the counter

I’ve alrealy said In other posts that the Burnley charge is par , but I appreciate you may have missed that.
    I had no idea what you meant due to the way you worded it.

You could just have said that you trust me that so was telling the truth.

That would have made more sense

Why did he give his number out then?? I’m sure a simple discussion would have resolved things , but he was out. Clearly , messageboard debates get out of proportion

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Just meet up in Beddau and get it other with
    Underrated comment.

Why did he give his number out then?? I’m sure a simple discussion would have resolved things , but he was out.
    See above quote about my number !!!!

Most fans/people use it to talk, book coach seats, book match tickets, NOT TO MAKE THREATENING COMMENTS