+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Superdad, can I ask why you’re so concerned? I suppose you’ll reply that you’re looking after the interests of fellow City fans who you believe are being shortchanged. But these City fans are obviously happy with what they’re paying and what service they receive for that payment otherwise they wouldn’t keep
    coming back for more (and that can’t be disputed as the operators who you’re so keen to criticise have had the same faces on their buses for a fair few seasons now). So, I ask again, why are you so concerned with an issue that really doesn’t concern you as by your very demeanour and opposition you would never set foot on one of these lads buses? I’m sure readers of this thread would be interested to learn of your agenda.👍

I’m not that concerned, and there is no agenda , there really isn’t , but I’m not surprised as to how this thread has turned out. I’m all for buses being run but the profit margins should be minimal at best.

The last coach me and a colleague ran to Sheffield arena we charged £19 as we managed to break even. THe original cost was £25 , but the more we filled the cheaper it became for the touring party.. We didn’t tip the driver and the passengers did a whip round for the coach operators. We kept the passengers informed at all times of the cost incurred

I find it odd that the prices I charge and get quoted ( even today an operator gave me prices ) and ridiculed when it comes to football. I find it even more odd that coach operators are asking for more money when a pre agreed price was arranged between them and Cardiff City.

I also think that going forward, coach operators should publish the amount paid to the coach company prior travel to,allow the paying passenger to decide if the amount they are being charged is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I’m not that concerned, and there is no agenda , there really isn’t , but I’m not surprised as to how this thread has turned out. I’m all for buses being run but the profit margins should be minimal at best.

The last coach me and a colleague ran to Sheffield arena we charged £19 as we managed to break even. THe original cost was £25 , but the more we filled the cheaper it became for the touring party.. We didn’t tip the driver and the passengers did a whip round for the coach operators. We kept the passengers informed at all times of the cost incurred

I find it odd that the prices I charge and get quoted ( even today an operator gave me prices ) and ridiculed when it comes to football. I find it even more odd that coach operators are asking for more money when a pre agreed price was arranged between them and Cardiff City.

I also think that going forward, coach operators should publish the amount paid to the coach company prior travel to,allow the paying passenger to decide if the amount they are being charged is reasonable.
    How many times do we have to say it “THERE WAS NO PRE-AGREED PRICE WITH CARDIFF CITY”

First we knew was when they put it out there

Threaten me by all means but don’t you dare speak to my wife like that again

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post

I would ****ing hate to see you with a bee in your bonnet about something