+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales v Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Wales v Trinidad & Tobago

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    On a positive note, I thought Hedges was lively and Vaulks was good throughout. Seemed appropriate that it was his cross for the winner.
    Hedges had a good game. The FAW are hoping to discover whether Burnley youngster Josh Benson has a Welsh grandparent as they'd make a good partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hedges had a good game. The FAW are hoping to discover whether Burnley youngster Josh Benson has a Welsh grandparent as they'd make a good partnership.
    Tell us one about a wasp, go on haven't heard anything in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Aye, go on then. For the newbies on here.

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make is taking a stroll down his local high street.

As he passes by the record shop, a sign catches his eye. "Just Released: New LP - Wasps of the World & the sounds that they make - available now!"

Unable to resist the temptation, the man goes into the shop. "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make. I'd very much like to listen to the new LP you have advertised in the window."

"Certainly, Sir," says the young man behind the counter. "If you'd like to step into the booth and put on the headphones, I'll put the LP on for you."

The world expert on European wasps goes into the booth and puts on the earphones.

Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth and announces, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I recognised none of those."

"I'm sorry sir," says the young assistant. "If you'd care to step into the booth, I can let you have another 10 minutes."

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth and replaces the headphones.

Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth shaking his head. "I don't understand it," he says, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make, and yet I still can't recognise any of those!"

"I'm terribly sorry, sir" says the young man, "perhaps if you'd like to step into the booth again, you could have 5 more minutes."

Sighing, the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth.

Five minutes later, he comes out again, clearly agitated. "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I have recognised none of the wasps on this LP."

"I really am terribly sorry," says the young assistant. "I've just realised I was playing you the bee side."

Really funny. Gave me a real buzz.

Really funny. Gave me a real buzz.
    Went on for a while , liked the sting in the the tail though

Ah! I miss the old days of banter, NP & spider threads

Poor display overall but Vaulks definitely looks like a good addition. Woodburn brighter second half and deserved a goal after about 11 attempts in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Bloke goes into a cake shop and asks for a wasp
    "We don't sell wasps"
    "But you've got one in the window!"

T&T were organised and defensive and we missed the experience and nous of getting beyond that (even though there have been times when our best XI have struggled to break teams down). Finishing also a bit ropey. Hopefully a good experience and lesson for what was technically a championship/league 1 team.

On a positive note, I thought Hedges was lively and Vaulks was good throughout. Seemed appropriate that it was his cross for the winner.
    I thought Vaulks a had a good game, but I'm still on the fence with Hedges.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So that means we can expect two or three years of you endlessly advocating his cause then .

ha-ha.

That's meant to be a joke, but I may have to ditch it.

Not sure I can remember a time where I've watched a Wales team and could realistically name close to 11 better replacements for each position (sadly still no striker though!). Feel a bit sorry for the paying fans but that's progress in my book.

Vaulks looked good

We're interested in him apparently

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So that means we can expect two or three years of you endlessly advocating his cause then .

It was a very inexperienced side as well, only 3 players (Gunter, Williams & Taylor) had more than 10 caps

My take on last night's match and Wales' Under 19 2-1 defeat, courtesy of a goal scored in added time, to the Netherlands in an Elite Group qualifying game for the European Championship in the summer;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

The type of performance I expected with that line up - looked like a team that had hardly played together, especially in the first half

I was worried about Woodburn in the first half - poor first touch, passing, struggled to get past any of the opposition, poor decision making etc, but he looked a different player second half - especially when he was put out wide rather than centrally - not sure why he was playing centrally first half with Roberts out wide

Vaulks had a great debut, I thought he was one of the stand out players and the much better of the midfield two. Evans is one of those where I feel on edge when he has the ball or makes a tackle...seems to take some risky decisions, quick in to a tackle, and quite often slowed down played, passing it backwards, when there were attacking options.

George Thomas' movement was very good, he was quiet in a lot of phases but was hard working and got in to some good attacking areas

Also thought Hedges looked good, and was the stand out attacking player in the first half

I love Gunter but Connor Roberts definitely has to start the qualifiers ahead of him

And I now can't wait for Slovakia, with Ramsey, Brooks n Bale in the attacking line up, I'd guess with Harry Wilson. Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin View Post
    And I now can't wait for Slovakia, with Ramsey, Brooks n Bale in the attacking line up, I'd guess with Harry Wilson. Exciting!
    Who will play on the left? Brooks, Bale & Wilson all favour the the right.

PS Woodburn looked (understandably) short of confidence, it's been a terrible season for him.

Who will play on the left? Brooks, Bale & Wilson all favour the the right.

PS Woodburn looked (understandably) short of confidence, it's been a terrible season for him.
    Probably all 3! Can imagine the front three constantly alternating. Assuming they'll all start , including Wilson, as he played no part at all last night and was the only one on the bench. Allen and Smith in midfield, Ramsey in front, then Wilson, Bale and Brooks.

And definitely, was concerned first half as everything he tried to do seemed end up with him losing possession. But he looked a different player second half and you could tell his confidence was going up and up! And he looked much more of a threat as soon as he was put out wide.