+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do you want to leave?
    I'll keep it shortish. I dont want EU dictating laws what we can and cant do, paying MEP's silly money for doing **** all (The Kinnock gravy train), bailing out the likes of Greece and Italy knowing they will never pay it back, control our borders, control our fishing grounds......that'll do for now. Why do you want to remain?

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    I'll keep it shortish. I dont want EU dictating laws what we can and cant do, paying MEP's silly money for doing **** all (The Kinnock gravy train), bailing out the likes of Greece and Italy knowing they will never pay it back, control our borders, control our fishing grounds......that'll do for now. Why do you want to remain?
    Which laws have been dictated to us? The UK has voted on all EU laws. Might have lost a few times but that's what happens in a democracy - there are great swathes of the UK who don't get the policies they want (or need) from the UK government.

Two questions. 1) How much control do you think the EU has on our borders? 2) What percentage (roughly) of our laws originate from the EU and, of those, how many were forced on us against our will?

What rules have they forced on you? What laws are we unable to implement?