+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well I don't think it's because of the law. It's just that is the nature of having a deal or not. I'm not sure what law you're referring to.

But my point, as per dml's post, was that just because parliament have voted on something, it doesn't mean that it's blocked off. If people don't like something parliament have done, they've every right to protest.
    It is law. Article 50 was enshrined in law when parliament voted for it. There will need to be another act of parliament to change the law.
    That means several stages in the house of commons, committee stages and so on, plus I think 2 sessions in the lords. so they better get a move on.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It is law. Article 50 was enshrined in law when parliament voted for it. There will need to be another act of parliament to change the law.
    That means several stages in the house of commons, committee stages and so on, plus I think 2 sessions in the lords. so they better get a move on.
    But no deal is not part of the law, and article 50 isn't something the UK parliament can change.

International

But no deal is not part of the law, and article 50 isn't something the UK parliament can change.
    The UK parliament is the only organisation that CAN change article 50, or at least revoke it.
    No deal is a natural consequence of reaching 29 Mar without a deal. On that date we automatically leave the EU whether we want to or not, and whether the EU want us to or not - - - - unless an act of parliament is passed to revoke article 50.
    A new act of parliament is the only thing that can prevent it. If it is stopped any other way it will be illegal as far as I iunderstand it.

The UK parliament is the only organisation that CAN change article 50, or at least revoke it.
    No deal is a natural consequence of reaching 29 Mar without a deal. On that date we automatically leave the EU whether we want to or not, and whether the EU want us to or not - - - - unless an act of parliament is passed to revoke article 50.
    A new act of parliament is the only thing that can prevent it. If it is stopped any other way it will be illegal as far as I iunderstand it.
    Change and revoke are completely different things, world's apart.

29 March has been extended.

International

Change and revoke are completely different things, world's apart.

29 March has been extended.
    No it hasn't, it's still 24 hours.

International

No it hasn't, it's still 24 hours.
    Sorry lardy,but that just shows how seriously I take this thread. Now I'll have to hide somewhere else.

Sorry lardy,but that just shows how seriously I take this thread. Now I'll have to hide somewhere else.
    To be honest, it's a nightmare to keep up with what's going on