+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The famous quote was it'll be the easiest deal in history. Probably one of the top three most memorable things from the leave campaign.
    I don't remember it from the leave campaign but it was a well known quote from near enough a full year after the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    In the early years, every time I asked a leave voter "Why?" I got a different answer.

Now all they do is repeat the mantra "Brexit means Brexit, Out means Out" the stupid ****ers have probably forgotten why they voted out in the first place. Twats.
    Immigrants taking our jobs, foreigners in Brussels telling us what to do and we pay in more than we get back out was the reasons usually said by vote leavers and they wanted out as in out, no half measures.

The first person to say "No Deal" was May when she first uttered the phrase "No Deal is better than a Bad Deal". Until then, no-one countenanced it at all.
    Yes quite, I use that one all the time ' no deal is better than a bad deal' because she now seems to think the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In your opinion.

The link I have just posted shows that, in a Referendum where the question was a straightforward yes or no (so you would have hoped that those trying to influence voters would have been as precise and clear in the language they used as possible), politicians were imprecise in the use of their language to a degree that is not acceptable when the decision being taken was such an important one.
    What leave meant to most leave voters was more in line with *no deal* than Norway plus, Canada minus and Common Market 2.0 or any other version of part in, part out.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    What leave meant to most leave voters was more in line with *no deal* than Norway plus, Canada minus and Common Market 2.0 or any other version of part in, part out.
    Fair play to you. It must have been a full time job carrying out those 17,410,742 detailed face-to-face interviews to understand what every Leave voter had in mind when they put their cross on the ballot.

Many commentators thought that with the leave vote winning the referendum that UKIP would disappear but with Brexit still up in the air the Newport West by-election seems to show UKIP alive and kicking, if we have Euro elections in May it will be interesting to see how well Brexit parties do.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You are extremely insulting. I have lost touch with nothing. You are well over the line!!!!!
    Still yet to give a benefit to leaving.

Still yet to explain how a second vote is undemocratic.

Still defending the oppressive regime in Azerbaijan.

Seems a bit opinioish for someone who deals only in facts - my own opinion, and recollection from the way the matter was discussed three years ago, is that people leaving without a deal, which someone like you would, apparently, have us believe was the preferred method of getting out of the EU on Referendum day was barely discussed.
    Cameron made it very clear what leave meant in his Chatham House speach.

For those who missed it the first time..

What he is saying there is that a Leave vote means that we will leave, no more than that. I voted in the Referendum believing that and I still think the Leave vote should be respected and we shouldn't have a second vote on the subject. However, what Cameron is not saying there is that a Leave vote means we definitely leave on WTO terms, which is the line being trotted out now by those who want us out with no deal. If there's a customs deal, a Norway type outcome, Common Market 2, Canada type or whatever, the result is the same, we will leave the EU, which is what the 17.4 million voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Are you suggesting that leave voters paid no attention to what the leave campaigns were proposing and promising?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    For those who missed it the first time..
    All he says is that there won't be another referendum, but that's not really his call after he left office. There's nothing about the options of how to leave, nothing about the issues that would transpire in the event of leaving. It sounds as if all that was a tactic before his negotiations with the EU so he could get what he wanted. That worked out well.

How can anyone watch that Cameron video and think that means leave with no deal?

At this point ignoring all the evidence that’s been posted and you say no deal was the intention all along you’re either stupid or lying. There is no other explanation.

No deal will be terrible for this country. Anyone who wants it either doesn’t realise how bad it will be or doesn’t care that more of the country will be driven into poverty.

Do people not see the effect austerity is having? Do they not mind if it gets worse?

Boris Johnson: UK will 'still have access to single market’ despite Brexit - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7104846.html

The UK would still be able to trade freely within Europe even if it left the EU, Michael Gove has said. - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36074853

David Davis view on leaving single market ‘not government policy’ - https://www.ft.com/content/54edbc7c-...a-de4532d5ea35

The UK's trade with the European Union will be "at least as free" after Brexit as it is now, Liam Fox says. - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37504966

The biggest “brexiteers” before the vote were saying this ffs.

No, they usually blow away leavers stupid comments on things like the Lisbon Treaty, and the number of rules the EU actually forced on the UK (It's fewer than 100 btw).

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...exit-1-5978705

Leavers tend to do things like Piers Morgan, and melt away in the heat of a fact. Twats.
    You need to do a bit better research before posting crap like this. There are actually currently about 12000 EU regulations affecting UK law. You are just an attention seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Cameron made it very clear what leave meant in his Chatham House speach.
    A major Leave politician Daniel Hannan said that if we left the EU our position in the Single Market would not be threatened. What do Cameron and Hannan have in common? They are Tories. Tory politicians lie for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You need to do a bit better research before posting crap like this. There are actually currently about 12000 EU regulations affecting UK law. You are just an attention seeker.
    According to this, from 1996 to 2014 4,514 laws have been implemented with EU influence. 72 were voted down by British representatives but we had to have them anyway because of our EU membership. Looking down the list they all seem quite reasonable.

https://twitter.com/mac_puck/status/1087360379691380736

Where do you get your research from? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36473105

What he is saying there is that a Leave vote means that we will leave, no more than that. I voted in the Referendum believing that and I still think the Leave vote should be respected and we shouldn't have a second vote on the subject. However, what Cameron is not saying there is that a Leave vote means we definitely leave on WTO terms, which is the line being trotted out now by those who want us out with no deal. If there's a customs deal, a Norway type outcome, Common Market 2, Canada type or whatever, the result is the same, we will leave the EU, which is what the 17.4 million voted for.
    He said he was conducting the final negotiation, and there would be no more negotiation after that. He couldn't have been any clearer, leave means leave without any further negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    According to this, from 1996 to 2014 4,514 laws have been implemented with EU influence. 72 were voted down by British representatives but we had to have them anyway because of our EU membership. Looking down the list they all seem quite reasonable.

Loved that👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

So, in order to counter my argument, you quote twitter (god help us all) using figures that are five years out if date !! Very clever. My figures are taken from a bbc news online article from October 2018, so rather more reliable and up to date than yours if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Where do you get your research from? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36473105
    BBC online news article from October 2018. In any event, if you read my post correctly (and the bbc article you quoted as well !!) you will note that I was referring to 12000 EU regulations, the vast majority of which apply to the UK without needing to be implemented in law. This is a much better indicator of how the EU meddles in and controls our affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Loved that��
    Perhaps you should read posts correctly and do better research before you back other peoples inaccurate information.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    A major Leave politician Daniel Hannan said that if we left the EU our position in the Single Market would not be threatened. What do Cameron and Hannan have in common? They are Tories. Tory politicians lie for a living.
    Whereas Labour politicians are a bunch of rich, public school educated, communist and terrorist supporting hypocrites. Oh and I forgot, anti-semitic too.

Perhaps you should read posts correctly and do better research before you back other peoples inaccurate information.
    I’ve read quite a bit about Brexit and I think us leaving is a life and country changing idiotic decision. And I did love that twitter read, it was very witty and well thought out. Sorry to offend you👍