+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Experts are now saying no deal is the likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The world is changing, and Europe isn't going to be near the top of the tree forever. Now is an ideal time to formulate a new strategy for the future, and to break away from the beurocratic nightmare that is the EU.
    You think the EU is a bureaucratic nightmare? Is that why the EU civil service numbers 32,000 and the UKs numbers 440,000.

I wish everyone would stop putting the blame for the UKs woes on the EU and start having a closer look at our own government.

I know I just wish people would admit it’s a bad idea.

Unless you’re a politician or an economist there’s no shame in thinking brexit was a good idea. We were given 1000s of reasons it would be beneficial to us. The EU is not a perfect organisation by any stretch of the imagination and the U.K. government hasn’t used the immigration controls like it could have.

But now we can see there’s no tangible benefit to brexit and people are losing their jobs and working class areas who’ve relied on the EU for funding are now going to get next to nothing from a Tory government. Now we have the full facts people can change their minds.

Brexit won’t negatively affect me but it’ll negatively affect all working class areas and a lot of working class people. I’d rather us be making changes to a non perfect institution from the inside while benefiting from it than stuck outside with the poor getting poorer.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    It should just be revoked, the government can then work on a Brexit that is acceptable and then put that forward in another referendum, people can then vote on what they know are the options.
    The question in the first referendum was perfectly simple wasnt it - leave or remain. Leave won. Couldn't be much more clear than that. Pity those people who want to remain and have another referendum cant/wont accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Experts are now saying no deal is the likely outcome.
    I can’t see how anything else will happen now really. We aren’t going to revoke or have another vote. May’s deal is unlikely to get through.

I just hope the outcome isn’t as bad as the forecasts have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Brexit+referendum+illegal

Few million there for you mate
    Cop out answer.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The question in the first referendum was perfectly simple wasnt it - leave or remain. Leave won. Couldn't be much more clear than that. Pity those people who want to remain and have another referendum cant/wont accept it.
    What does leave mean though? When you voted what were you voting for?

You can’t just say leave means leave because it’s a lot more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Cop out answer.
    How? Do you want me to link you to the story on every major newspapers site?

While you’re here can you give me a benefit of Brexit please? And tell me why you want it to happen?

Unless you’re a politician or an economist there’s no shame in thinking brexit was a good idea. We were given 1000s of reasons it would be beneficial to us. The EU is not a perfect organisation by any stretch of the imagination and the U.K. government hasn’t used the immigration controls like it could have.

But now we can see there’s no tangible benefit to brexit and people are losing their jobs and working class areas who’ve relied on the EU for funding are now going to get next to nothing from a Tory government. Now we have the full facts people can change their minds.

Brexit won’t negatively affect me but it’ll negatively affect all working class areas and a lot of working class people. I’d rather us be making changes to a non perfect institution from the inside while benefiting from it than stuck outside with the poor getting poorer.
    And the very working class voted to leave.

The EU are merely giving us our own money back to fund all these schemes. You really are being naive if you think the EU is capable of being changed from the inside. The last 40 years should have taught you that. Its like a run away rollercoaster, full of people at the top lining their own pockets and doing as little as they can for it. It is run by career politicians and administrators who have never had real jobs or have any idea how the working or even middle class live in their member countries.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And the very working class voted to leave.
    Because they were duped like all of us were, this isn’t the brexit people were promised. They’re going to be poorer for it and the areas they live are going to be worse off from it.

The EU are merely giving us our own money back to fund all these schemes.
    Categorically untrue.

And ignoring how much money the U.K. makes from trade due to being a member.

You really are being naive if you think the EU is capable of being changed from the inside. The last 40 years should have taught you that. Its like a run away rollercoaster, full of people at the top lining their own pockets and doing as little as they can for it. It is run by career politicians and administrators who have never had real jobs or have any idea how the working or even middle class live in their member countries.
    How is that different to the British government? And do you have any proof?

Page 4, not one benefit given.

^^^^ this

Leave or Remain

Leave won, leavers knew it wouldnt be easy, remain told us ( many times ) we could leave without a deal and we would be doomed, Leavers took that chance

There was an MP on Twitter highlighting the half dozen variations of what Leave meant to the very people who voted to leave. Yeah, they won. But won what? No-one can either explain or agree on how we're going to function after leaving.

What does leave mean though? When you voted what were you voting for?

You can’t just say leave means leave because it’s a lot more complicated than that.
    Oh sorry, Brexit means Brexit

The referendum was

NOT LEGALLY BINDING.

Why is that important?

Because it allowed campaigners to break rules. If the referendum was legally binding, then the result would have been null and void.

People talk about democracy, but I can guarantee that absolutely no ****er voted for the deal that Theresa May has signed up for. It suits none of us. It ****s us over completely. But, some people just want fewer Polish neighbours. Is democracy just letting one stupid ****ing bitch get her own ****ing way? Or are people just thinking "we're out" as if it as simple as they ****ing well are.

Twats.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Well l voted to remain but they won’t be getting my signature democracy rules
    Is it democracy when you're lied to and manipulated by people in power?

Categorically untrue.

And ignoring how much money the U.K. makes from trade due to being a member.

How is that different to the British government? And do you have any proof?
    We'll be back to Labour and Tories spending vast amounts of our taxes on vanity projects to win marginal seats.

Safe seats like Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent , Merthyr and Rhymney will just be forgotten. At least with the EU we got some of our money back. ****ing wankers killing my kids' future just because they don't like Polish people. Pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is it democracy when you're lied to and manipulated by people in power?
    And is it democracy when the result is in question because of fraudulent activity.

If May remains as PM her remainer pals (and she) will get their way eventually as Brexit will just wither on the vine until it just disappears.

Their worst nightmare is a new PM who is a brexiteer who will see it through.

I read though unless she resigns it’ll be the devils job getting her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    If May remains as PM her remainer pals (and she) will get their way eventually as Brexit will just wither on the vine until it just disappears.

Their worst nightmare is a new PM who is a brexiteer who will see it through.

I read though unless she resigns it’ll be the devils job getting her out.
    How can you have been paying attention and think May doesn’t want to leave? Seriously she wants it and it’s happening.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    ^^^^ this

Leave or Remain

Leave won, leavers knew it wouldnt be easy, remain told us ( many times ) we could leave without a deal and we would be doomed, Leavers took that chance
    That’s not what people voted for though it’s disingenuous to say so. The whole campaign was how easy a good deal would be to get. Some even wanted to remain in the single market.

I don’t think people actually realise quite how bad a no deal could be.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    ^^^^ this

Leave or Remain

I hope this isn’t going to come across as offensive but in a thread where people are proudly proving how little they know on a subject you’ve just topped the class.

I assume the way you get your news is by reading headline and looking at the picture then just making your mind up.

You are pig ignorant pal.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I hope this isn’t going to come across as offensive but in a thread where people are proudly proving how little they know on a subject you’ve just topped the class.

I assume the way you get your news is by reading headline and looking at the picture then just making your mind up.

You are pig ignorant pal.
    Why not use reason rather than insults?