+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

I think a vote on the final deal (i.e. the reality brexit) is reasonable and probably the right course of action. However I have signed the petition because of how funny it would be to come back on this thread the day after A50 was revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why not use reason rather than insults?
    People have been trying that all thread, does it look like it’s worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I am the same.
    We voted in a referendum. It is binding on the politicians.
    Is this in the non-binding, advisory referendum?

Firstly, around half of leave voters want a deal and the other half don't want a deal. Which group of leave voters are right? I haven't come close to finding an answer to this question. I know no-deal supporters who would be most unhappy if we left with a deal. I know deal supporters who would be most unhappy if we left without a deal. What's the answer to that? May's deal tries to find some middle ground between both camps but fails spectacularly. This means we don't actually know what leave means and when people say all leave voters voted for the same thing, they are talking bollocks. No-deal was never promoted in any manifesto from any leave campaign, they all offered to get a deal that is better than our current deal. Because of this total mess and lack of definition of what leave means, and the warring factions between different groups of leave supporters, there can never be a consensus. Parliament cannot decide because of the lack of a definition of what Brexit means, other than leave.

If there ends up being another referendum, having a straight shootout between remain and leave would be utterly pointless. If leave wins again, we're back at square 1 with different leave voters wanting different flavours of Brexit.

Perhaps such a referendum needs to be a 2-part - remain vs leave, with 2 options for leave of deal vs no deal. That way MPs would have no excuse for not carrying out the will of the people. At present the will of leave voters is split.

Between them, this Government and the DUP have a majority in the house of commons. They can't agree on what Brexit should be. If they could, Brexit would have happened and there would be nothing the remaining parties and MPs could do. If the Government can't decide on what should happen, how can MPs of all parties?

It's interesting that there are no-deal leave voters who would rather us remain in the EU than leave with a deal. There are leave voters who want a deal that would rather remain than leave the EU without a deal.

All of this could have been sorted out had all the negotiations taken place before the referendum and a clear option presented to the electorate. Until leave gets a more specific definition, other than meaning 'leave', the merry-go-round will keep turning and the more people will get pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    ^^^^ this

Leave or Remain

Leave won, leavers knew it wouldnt be easy, remain told us ( many times ) we could leave without a deal and we would be doomed, Leavers took that chance
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I hope this isn’t going to come across as offensive but in a thread where people are proudly proving how little they know on a subject you’ve just topped the class.

I assume the way you get your news is by reading headline and looking at the picture then just making your mind up.

You are pig ignorant pal.

lets break it down for you, just so you can understand, please feel free to raise any issues with the points i have made

Leave or Remain, we voted Leave

the remain campaign told us ( many times ) we could leave without a deal and we would be doomed, Project fear was its nickname, we had it in every walk of life how the UK would crumble if we voted leave, you must have even read the threads on here about it

Leavers took that chance, the cold hard fact is that they did, you might not like it, but the UK voted leave

Oink Oink

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why not use reason rather than insults?
    shows such intelligent class

What benefits do you think leaving will bring us Matt?

lets break it down for you, just so you can understand, please feel free to raise any issues with the points i have made

the remain campaign told us ( many times ) we could leave without a deal and we would be doomed, Project fear was its nickname, we had it in every walk of life how the UK would crumble if we voted leave, you must have even read the threads on here about it

Leavers took that chance, the cold hard fact is that they did, you might not like it, but the UK voted leave

Oink Oink

You aren’t not remembering it correctly at all, people did not want a no deal because it’s going to be catastrophic for the country. Why do you want leave so bad? What good do you think it’s going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Firstly, around half of leave voters want a deal and the other half don't want a deal. Which group of leave voters are right? I haven't come close to finding an answer to this question. I know no-deal supporters who would be most unhappy if we left with a deal. I know deal supporters who would be most unhappy if we left without a deal. What's the answer to that? May's deal tries to find some middle ground between both camps but fails spectacularly. This means we don't actually know what leave means and when people say all leave voters voted for the same thing, they are talking bollocks. No-deal was never promoted in any manifesto from any leave campaign, they all offered to get a deal that is better than our current deal. Because of this total mess and lack of definition of what leave means, and the warring factions between different groups of leave supporters, there can never be a consensus. Parliament cannot decide because of the lack of a definition of what Brexit means, other than leave.

If there ends up being another referendum, having a straight shootout between remain and leave would be utterly pointless. If leave wins again, we're back at square 1 with different leave voters wanting different flavours of Brexit.

Perhaps such a referendum needs to be a 2-part - remain vs leave, with 2 options for leave of deal vs no deal. That way MPs would have no excuse for not carrying out the will of the people. At present the will of leave voters is split.

Between them, this Government and the DUP have a majority in the house of commons. They can't agree on what Brexit should be. If they could, Brexit would have happened and there would be nothing the remaining parties and MPs could do. If the Government can't decide on what should happen, how can MPs of all parties?

It's interesting that there are no-deal leave voters who would rather us remain in the EU than leave with a deal. There are leave voters who want a deal that would rather remain than leave the EU without a deal.

All of this could have been sorted out had all the negotiations taken place before the referendum and a clear option presented to the electorate. Until leave gets a more specific definition, other than meaning 'leave', the merry-go-round will keep turning and the more people will get pissed off.
    The referendum will be a simple one. Revoke A50 - yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What benefits do you think leaving will bring us Matt?
    Blue passports and a 50p brexit coin, I win

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Blue passports and a 50p brexit coin, I win
    I cannot understand why people seem so set on it but can’t say why or name one benefit.

It’s like it’s a football team, people don’t care what happens they just want their team to win.

It’s like it’s a football team, people don’t care what happens they just want their team to win.
    Let’s petition to get Cardiff playing in the league of wales instead of the premier league. We won’t be governed by the FA any more and for an added bonus we can win the league every year.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    The referendum will be a simple one. Revoke A50 - yes or no.
    If it is a no, we've still got the dilemma of what form Brexit should take.

How can you have been paying attention and think May doesn’t want to leave? Seriously she wants it and it’s happening.
    She may say she wants to leave (having voted against it initially) but is doing her damnedness to ensure if it is then it’s on remainers terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If it is a no, we've still got the dilemma of what form Brexit should take.
    If it's no we leave with no deal. The EU are making that clear tonight

1) May's deal. IF no deal then
    2) No deal or Revocation of Article 50.

Nothing else is on the table anymore unless there is a GE, but of the 650 bastards in there, 600 will be returned with the same agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    She may say she wants to leave (having voted against it initially) but is doing her damnedness to ensure if it is then it’s on remainers terms.
    Have you seen her deal? If you have, then you will understand why leavers and remainers are united in voting against it.

No she isn’t, the most likely outcome is no deal. Anyone who thinks she’s trying to stop it isn’t paying attention.

We’ll be out by the end of April I’m sure of it. You only have to look what the civil servants and the MPs who work closely with her are saying.

She’s a dangerous arrogant woman who’s only interested in her career and he husband’s bank balance. No Brexit, no career.

No she isn’t, the most likely outcome is no deal. Anyone who thinks she’s trying to stop it isn’t paying attention.

We’ll be out by the end of April I’m sure of it. You only have to look what the civil servants and the MPs who work closely with her are saying.

She’s a dangerous arrogant woman who’s only interested in her career and he husband’s bank balance. No Brexit, no career.
    She doesn’t have much of a career left after all of this gets sorted, whether that’s her choice or not. She is incredibly arrogant and incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    If it's no we leave with no deal. The EU are making that clear tonight

1) May's deal. IF no deal then
    2) No deal or Revocation of Article 50.

Nothing else is on the table anymore unless there is a GE, but of the 650 bastards in there, 600 will be returned with the same agendas.
    Excellent. In a public vote off between no Brexit and no Deal. there's only one winner. Those whose livelihoods would be knackered by a no-deal Brexit.

She'll be in a position where her input is irrelevant and she has to act to save her party from destruction.

Oink Oink

So you don't think leaving with no deal will be a disaster for the country? Serious question. And repeating "we voted leave" doesn't count as an answer

It’s not her deal you twats.
    It’s the only deal the EU will offer.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Based on her red lines

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Based on the red lines put in place by her! The EU would happily give us a better deal but the deal she wants doesn’t work for them.

Especially with regards to Ireland.

Remainer's terms? What does that even mean? The brexit that remainer's wanted? What, leaving the customs union and single market?