+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

There are now about 48 million people in the UK able to vote. If the petition gets to over 24 million then it would be worth taking note of it. Otherwise not. In any event, out of the 4.16 million who have signed the petition already, how does anyone know what proportion is fraudulent or submitted by people who are not entitled to vote anyway ? It is a rather futile exercise, instigated mainly by The Peoples Vote campaign, who have no interest in anything other than blocking the democratic vote of the 2016 referendum and ignoring the decisions of Parliament, who have already recently voted against the issue on a number of occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There are now about 48 million people in the UK able to vote. If the petition gets to over 24 million then it would be worth taking note of it. Otherwise not. In any event, out of the 4.16 million who have signed the petition already, how does anyone know what proportion is fraudulent or submitted by people who are not entitled to vote anyway ? It is a rather futile exercise, instigated mainly by The Peoples Vote campaign, who have no interest in anything other than blocking the democratic vote of the 2016 referendum and ignoring the decisions of Parliament, who have already recently voted against the issue on a number of occasions.
    Parliament voted against No Deal, and it's still very much on the table.

Bit of an odd way to the put the argument. The Leave Vote didn’t reach anywhere near 24 million and broke electoral law.

The grown ups are talking here pal why don’t you **** off.

I see the politics understander has logged on

No where near 48 million people voted during the referendum.

It has already been proven to be a crocked campaign.

It’s not about blocking a democratic vote it’s about not sending the country further into the shit based on a vote that wasn’t even properly defined and has been judged to have been illegally funded.

Why don’t you tell us why you think brexit is a good idea? Why did you vote for it?

10 pages now and still not one sensible answer.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    The grown ups are talking here pal why don’t you **** off.
    An angry remainer ?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I don’t know if people don’t understand what no deal means or if they’re being wilfully ignorant.

No deal cannot be taken off the table, if we reach the brexit date with nothing agreed we get no deal. Especially as May has said she won’t revoke article 50. No deal cannot be taken off the table without article 50 being revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    An angry remainer ?
    It’s an issue worth being angry about. Yet again the working classes are going to suffer due to the arrogance of the elites in the Tory party who are more interested in party politics than the interests of the country.

Fair enough if you can sit back and not care about it. The majority of every country are happy to sit back because they think something won’t affect them.

It’s an issue worth being angry about. Yet again the working classes are going to suffer due to the arrogance of the elites in the Tory party who are more interested in party politics than the interests of the country.

Fair enough if you can sit back and not care about it. The majority of every country are happy to sit back because they think something won’t affect them.
    Since time began, the silent majority have sat back and done nothing. It ain’t gonna change now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The utterly vile Julia Hartley-Brewer has started. And for the avoidance of doubt, she's not vile because she's doing this, she's just a terrible person.
    She's such a dumbass

Since time began, the silent majority have sat back and done nothing. It ain’t gonna change now.
    And since time began the lives of the silent majority have been improved by the angry minority who were willing to fight for them.

She's such a dumbass

She ignored everyone telling her the signitures don’t count until you click the verification link that you can only do once per email.

She’s probably one of the stupidest and most despicable people in the media.

And since time began the lives of the silent majority have been improved by the angry minority who were willing to fight for them.
    Can’t agree with that statement. Since time began, the majority of human beings all over the world have been peace loving people, but the angry minority have always been able to drag them into unnecessary conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    It is now officially the most signed petition in UK history with 4.16 million votes
    It's now up to 35 million signatories, or am I just dreaming

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why are you bringing up non eu migration?

Then the loop holes need to be closed then, what makes you think our government ignoring them now won’t when we leave the EU?

France and Spain make it much harder to stay there as an EU citizen in my personal experience. We don’t.

Also why are you so fixated on migration? It’s hardly the biggest issue affecting the U.K. in a negative way at all. It seems your whole argument boils down to it.

Migrants to the U.K. have a net positive effect on the economy. Why are you so against them?
    It's not "My Whole arguement" I was just responding to other posters.
    I really don't give a toss, whatever happens we will survive. As I mentioned in my first post, I was a remainer but now we have voted to get out the politicians should do it and not try to cock everything up, whatever the benefits or downside.
    If they force us to go begging to cancel the Article 50 the EU will trample all over us for years to come, knowing they can shovel any shit they like on us because we are too week to argue. You can just imagine it every time we disagree with a proposal, some fench twat saying, "well if you don't like it you can always leave haha haha"
    no thanks.

International

It is still on the table because it is law. A debate and vote in parliament cannot change the law just like that.They will have to enact a new act of parliament to change that. Even if we do nothing then on the day decided we will cease to be as member of the EU. no ifs or buts. So they need to move fast to change the law!

Can’t agree with that statement. Since time began, the majority of human beings all over the world have been peace loving people, but the angry minority have always been able to drag them into unnecessary conflicts.
    I think you’re confusing the angry minority who’ve fought for citizens rights to the elites who’ve caused wars and conflicts.

All the rights you have, have been gained by this minority who were willing to fight for what they believed in.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I really don't give a toss, whatever happens we will survive.
    Jesus Christ

International

I think it is Corbyn who is more interested in party politics, even when he met all the opposition party leaders last week one of them said he wasn't trying to reach a consensus and didn't listen to anything, he just kept plugging the labour party deal

I really don't give a toss, whatever happens we will survive. As I mentioned in my first post, I was a remainer but now we have voted to get out the politicians should do it and not try to cock everything up, whatever the benefits or downside.
    If they force us to go begging to cancel the Article 50 the EU will trample all over us for years to come, knowing they can shovel any shit they like on us because we are too week to argue. You can just imagine it every time we disagree with a proposal, some fench twat saying, "well if you don't like it you can always leave haha haha"
    no thanks.
    Yeah, like an EU army, mandatory single currency, and no more opt-outs.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Jesus Christ
    It's true whether you like it or not!

no thanks.
    We don’t need to beg to revoke article 50 that’s still entirely up to the U.K. The EU cannot reject that.

I don’t think you understand how the voting works if you think the EU will be able to trample over us. It’s the same as people worrying about an EU army, you only need one country to vote against it, nothing can be forced on us.

It’s the same as why any sane person knew turkey wouldn’t be joining.

It is still on the table because it is law. A debate and vote in parliament cannot change the law just like that.They will have to enact a new act of parliament to change that. Even if we do nothing then on the day decided we will cease to be as member of the EU. no ifs or buts. So they need to move fast to change the law!
    Well I don't think it's because of the law. It's just that is the nature of having a deal or not. I'm not sure what law you're referring to.

But my point, as per dml's post, was that just because parliament have voted on something, it doesn't mean that it's blocked off. If people don't like something parliament have done, they've every right to protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yeah, like an EU army, mandatory single currency, and no more opt-outs.
    You don’t understand how EU voting works.