+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Exactly & why wasn't the Brexit steering team made up of representative bodies, as well as politicians.
    The Tories and Labour have been more concerned about the health of their parties than the good of the country. That's shined through since the vote. Every single action has been to keep May in power and the right wing Tories will do everything to frustrate, delay or just lie through their teeth; while Labour have muddled through because Corbyn lives in a fantasy world where he can get his ideal Brexit through.

Now the hits are coming and I've lost all faith in politicians in this country. The majority of Tories are outright liars, as well as thick, while Corbyn and Labour just go from one gaffe to another.

Also, sorry to hear about your situation, Des. My mate works for a bank (I won't say who), and in the event of no deal/bad deal him and his entire team are leaving the country the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Instead of trying to be funny (and failing badly may I add) why not read Des Parrot’s contribution to this thread.

You might pause for thought, for once...
    Something like just over 50% of leave voters have said they think job losses and destruction to the economy are prices worth paying for Brexit. That's the level we're dealing with. Clueless cockwombles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The Tories and Labour have been more concerned about the health of their parties than the good of the country. That's shined through since the vote. Every single action has been to keep May in power and the right wing Tories will do everything to frustrate, delay or just lie through their teeth; while Labour have muddled through because Corbyn lives in a fantasy world where he can get his ideal Brexit through.

Now the hits are coming and I've lost all faith in politicians in this country. The majority of Tories are outright liars, as well as thick, while Corbyn and Labour just go from one gaffe to another.

Also, sorry to hear about your situation, Des. My mate works for a bank (I won't say who), and in the event of no deal/bad deal him and his entire team are leaving the country the day after.
    I can't quite agree with that. Whether you agree with Brexit or not we should never be in a position where 60 hours before original leave date Westminster is finally deciding what the UK's preferred option should be and therefore the 89 MPs who voted against Article 50, for whatever reason they gave at the time, are the ones to be commended as they did everything possible to avoid this scenario. Corbyn is the idiot who wanted Article 50 enacted the day after the referendum. Enact Article 50 this week after Westminster knows what it's doing and we are more likely to i) get a good new deal for the UK - whatever that might be ii) see if our future trade relations with the US will be with Trump or not and iii) see if the EU becomes this super-state some were worried about before. Suddenly the UK is in a position where they might not balls up Brexit.

You can see the 89 here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rticle-9412477

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Instead of trying to be funny (and failing badly may I add) why not read Des Parrot’s contribution to this thread.

You might pause for thought, for once...
    We haven't left yet, and we are not leaving (IMO). It's all a charade.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We haven't left yet, and we are not leaving (IMO). It's all a charade.
    We may not have left yet, but people had to plan for if/when we do, they couldn't just keep the status quo and then deal with it when it happened. The uncertainty of not knowing what was going to happen has meant that businesses had to assume leaving going to happen.

The whole process is an absolute shame on the government.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    We may not have left yet, but people had to plan for if/when we do, they couldn't just keep the status quo and then deal with it when it happened. The uncertainty of not knowing what was going to happen has meant that businesses had to assume leaving going to happen.

The whole process is an absolute shame on the government.
    What about the people who voted to leave? Nobody is feeling sorry for them, they are just 17.4 million clueless cockwombles.

What about the people who voted to leave? Nobody is feeling sorry for them, they are just 17.4 million clueless cockwombles.
    I think the majority of us then, and probably still now, were clueless about what the EU does in the UK and what the UK does in the EU. Again that's an error of the government and media for not providing that information, instead choosing to hide behind headlines blaming Europe for everything, so I don't think the 17.4 million should feel offended by being called clueless, just that the remain voters who sometimes say it themselves have forgotten how many of the 48% were also clueless.

That's perhaps why everyone should follow "That's Devolved" on twitter so we have a better idea about what is the UK and what is a Welsh (Scottish, Northern Irish) decision.

I have no disdain for the 17 million who voted to leave.

I only have disdain for those who promised them a brexit that was almost impossible to achieve at the time and due to the negotiation process is now completely impossible to achieve.

Whatever anyone says they didn’t vote for a weaker economy and massive job losses. And that’s what we’ve already got, even if we revoke a lot of the damage has already been done.

That’s got absolutely nothing to do with my comment which was all about the way Brexit has been handled not about those who voted for it. But those who voted for it knowing that it would screw the economy and put so many people out of work, deliberately inflicting misery on a large group of people, well I’m sorry but they’re scum.

That’s got absolutely nothing to do with my comment which was all about the way Brexit has been handled not about those who voted for it. But those who voted for it knowing that it would screw the economy and put so many people out of work, deliberately inflicting misery on a large group of people, well I’m sorry but they’re scum.
    The way it is being handled is not an accident, as there are no accidents in politics. Everything that happens is by design in order to achieve a specific outcome. You could also argue that project fear has been greater from the remain side. We've had 3 years of the sky falling in, and now everybody is panicked and fearful hoping that the EU can rescue them. The trick works everytime, but like I said I don't really care if we stay or leave. I just find the whole thing very amusing and the world isn't going to end whatever we do.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I can't quite agree with that. Whether you agree with Brexit or not we should never be in a position where 60 hours before original leave date Westminster is finally deciding what the UK's preferred option should be and therefore the 89 MPs who voted against Article 50, for whatever reason they gave at the time, are the ones to be commended as they did everything possible to avoid this scenario. Corbyn is the idiot who wanted Article 50 enacted the day after the referendum. Enact Article 50 this week after Westminster knows what it's doing and we are more likely to i) get a good new deal for the UK - whatever that might be ii) see if our future trade relations with the US will be with Trump or not and iii) see if the EU becomes this super-state some were worried about before. Suddenly the UK is in a position where they might not balls up Brexit.

You can see the 89 here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rticle-9412477
    That’s the bloody point though, the Tories have wasted 3 years deliberating how to get Brexit without actually doing anything. It’s an absolute farce and how anyone would consider voting Conservative again in the next x years.

The way it is being handled is not an accident, as there are no accidents in politics. Everything that happens is by design in order to achieve a specific outcome. You could also argue that project fear has been greater from the remain side. We've had 3 years of the sky falling in, and now everybody is panicked and fearful hoping that the EU can rescue them. The trick works everytime, but like I said I don't really care if we stay or leave. I just find the whole thing very amusing and the world isn't going to end whatever we do.
    I know a lot of people who work in central government, and believe me, there are a lot of accidents. Some hilarious.
    Just like any other organisation you can name, public or private.

If your world view relies on the existence of a impeccably organised and efficient group of people , effortlessly pulling the strings then you might want to take a step back and rethink things

That’s the bloody point though, the Tories have wasted 3 years deliberating how to get Brexit without actually doing anything. It’s an absolute farce and how anyone would consider voting Conservative again in the next x years.
    The way it’s going I think the country needs to abstain from voting

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I know a lot of people who work in central government, and believe me, there are a lot of accidents. Some hilarious.
    Just like any other organisation you can name, public or private.

If your world view relies on the existence of a impeccably organised and efficient group of people , effortlessly pulling the strings then you might want to take a step back and rethink things
    If I felt the need to take a step back and rethink things, then I wouldn't have been able to predict 3 years ago the exact scenario that is playing out now. Some things are more predictable than you think

Thanks for proving my point

I just find the whole thing very amusing and the world isn't going to end whatever we do.
    I’m glad you find it amusing that people will lose their jobs and their houses. For quite a few people this will be the end of the world.

I’m glad you find it amusing that people will lose their jobs and their houses. For quite a few people this will be the end of the world.
    Do you know that for a fact or are you fearmongering?

Do you know that for a fact or are you fearmongering?
    In this very thread des parrot has stated that a number of people at his firm have lost their jobs directly because of Brexit so either you’re being an argumentative sod for the sake of it or are being disingenuous.

In this very thread des parrot has stated that a number of people at his firm have lost their jobs directly because of Brexit so either you’re being an argumentative sod for the sake of it or are being disingenuous.
    I'm just asking because very similar predictions were made when America did their own version of Brexit, and things couldn't have turned out any better for them on the jobs and wages front.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The way it’s going I think the country needs to abstain from voting
    Mark Twain once said “if voting changed anything, they wouldn’t let us do it!”

I'm just asking because very similar predictions were made when America did their own version of Brexit, and things couldn't have turned out any better for them on the jobs and wages front.
    Left Europe in 1776, didn’t they?

I voted leave, for reasons I’ve already explained earlier in the thread, and I’d vote leave again.
    I do feel though, that the embarrassing, shambolic way the government have handled the whole thing, should lead to another people’s vote.
    Imo it needs to be taken out of the politicians hands. I feel it would be just for an independent panel, to go live on TV, explaining in layman’s terms, and as honestly as possible, the pros and cons of leaving or staying.
    Then it should be put to the public again, and we stand by the new result.

Perhaps not such a farce when you consider the alternatives (Corbyn or Cable !!). The Conservatives have spent the last three years negotiating a deal to leave the EU, as they were given a mandate to do, whereas all the other parties have done is moan, complain and block it without putting forward any alternatives until the last few days or merely stating that they wanted to reverse the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Perhaps not such a farce when you consider the alternatives (Corbyn or Cable !!). The Conservatives have spent the last three years negotiating a deal to leave the EU, as they were given a mandate to do, whereas all the other parties have done is moan, complain and block it without putting forward any alternatives until the last few days or merely stating that they wanted to reverse the referendum.
    Corbyn isn’t a bad alternative, if he’d have been PM instead of Tory Blair perhaps a lot of our young lads would still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why did they submit article 50 before they decided what they wanted.

You still haven’t said why brexit is a good idea.