+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I have no disdain for the 17 million who voted to leave.

I only have disdain for those who promised them a brexit that was almost impossible to achieve at the time and due to the negotiation process is now completely impossible to achieve.

Whatever anyone says they didn’t vote for a weaker economy and massive job losses. And that’s what we’ve already got, even if we revoke a lot of the damage has already been done.
    Many leavers are to stupid to realise the damage done, as you say, already happened as companies worldwide have left our shores. Who knows how long it will take to recover? Strange how some areas like the valleys, mid and west wales where enployment isn’t easy all voted to leave, cities like Cardiff, Bristol and London voted to remain. I can’t speak for London, which always seems to be booming, but Cardiff and Bristol certainly are. Wouldn’t it be ironic if the gap becomes yet bigger between Cardiff and the regions that voted to leave? You reap what you sow I guess.....

Why did they submit article 50 before they decided what they wanted.

You still haven’t said why brexit is a good idea.
    You could be sitting and waiting for a loooooong time.

Why did they submit article 50 before they decided what they wanted.

You still haven’t said why brexit is a good idea.

It beggars belief why they didn’t sort a deal out first, then we can vote on it. Would you agree to buy a house when you didn’t know where it was, how big it was or anything about it, other than the fact it was a house......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It beggars belief why they didn’t sort a deal out first, then we can vote on it. Would you agree to buy a house when you didn’t know where it was, how big it was or anything about it, other than the fact it was a house......
    I know the EU wouldn’t negotiate until we submitted it but why not get what we want sorted first?

Also people saying Corbyn would be bad I’d love to know how he’d be worse than May or Cameron.

I know the EU wouldn’t negotiate until we submitted it but why not get what we want sorted first?

Also people saying Corbyn would be bad I’d love to know how he’d be worse than May or Cameron.
    I think Corbyn would have been good, he'd say or commit little, confuse the !uck out of them, not bring his party together as one , talk about the will of the people , hang on, which party am I talking about ?

Who's going to buy all the food from the EU which we currently consume? Who's going to buy all the German cars that we drive? We are a net contributor to the EU, so they lose more than us if we don't make a trade deal. The EU is also on the verge of a recession. The reason why they don't want us to leave is ideological, because other countries will follow, and it will be the end of the grand plan for an enlarged USEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who's going to buy all the food from the EU which we currently consume?
    Are you for real? Where are we going to buy all the food that we get from the EU if we left without a deal? We won't have the trade deals in place for years. Not buying our food from the EU isn't going to affect the EU, it'll affect us when we're paying more for it and can't get what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you for real? Where are we going to buy all the food that we get from the EU if we left without a deal? We won't have the trade deals in place for years. Not buying our food from the EU isn't going to affect the EU, it'll affect us when we're paying more for it and can't get what we want.
    So the EU are going to bin everything they sell to us, a country who are currently a net contributor to the EU coffers? It looks like they love recessions in the EU, since they are going to cut their nose off to spite their face.

So the EU are going to bin everything they sell to us, a country who are currently a net contributor to the EU coffers? It looks like they love recessions in the EU, since they are going to cut their nose off to spite their face.
    I couldn't give a rat's arse what they do with it. Are you suggesting that the EU should offer us whatever we want just to sell food to us and that makes them more desperate than us, who won't be able to cover the loss of food? If that is your opinion, please seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Perhaps not such a farce when you consider the alternatives (Corbyn or Cable !!). The Conservatives have spent the last three years negotiating a deal to leave the EU, as they were given a mandate to do, whereas all the other parties have done is moan, complain and block it without putting forward any alternatives until the last few days or merely stating that they wanted to reverse the referendum.
    Conservative and DUP (paid for whereas many other things haven't been - the NHS for example) have 324 seats in House of Commons and with Sinn Fein abstaining that is a majority. At what point has Westminster been able to have a majority support any concrete leave policy in the past three years despite this? It's completely disingenuous to say issue is with opposition parties when May has spent entire time trying to hold her government together, and characters like Boris quit their ministerial position in protest....only to reverse their decision when they might progress their careers on the back of it. Rees-Mogg turned from saying May's deal turned us into a slave state into now supporting it because he thinks it's the right move tactically!?!

It's completely disingenuous to say issue is with opposition parties.

Which leaders of the Leave campaign do you trust to do Brexit correctly? I'd argue Kate Hoey probably has more credibility than most others at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Conservative and DUP (paid for whereas many other things haven't been - the NHS for example) have 324 seats in House of Commons and with Sinn Fein abstaining that is a majority. At what point has Westminster been able to have a majority support any concrete leave policy in the past three years despite this? It's completely disingenuous to say issue is with opposition parties when May has spent entire time trying to hold her government together, and characters like Boris quit their ministerial position in protest....only to reverse their decision when they might progress their careers on the back of it. Rees-Mogg turned from saying May's deal turned us into a slave state into now supporting it because he thinks it's the right move tactically!?!

It's completely disingenuous to say issue is with opposition parties.

Which leaders of the Leave campaign do you trust to do Brexit correctly? I'd argue Kate Hoey probably has more credibility than most others at this point.
    Wahey! I've been arguing this on social media for about a month now, with no-one willing to provide a coherent answer. I doubt you'll get one on here.

I see Boris is now backing the deal because he thinks he'll get a crack at the top job if he does, the shameless self interested Kent.

Perhaps not such a farce when you consider the alternatives (Corbyn or Cable !!). The Conservatives have spent the last three years negotiating a deal to leave the EU, as they were given a mandate to do, whereas all the other parties have done is moan, complain and block it without putting forward any alternatives until the last few days or merely stating that they wanted to reverse the referendum.
    But they haven't spent three years negotiating. They wasted months on a general election and David Davies spent something like four hours in meetings with the EU over the course of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Johnson and Gove looked like they were about to cry on Brexit night. Charlatans the lot of them.

Corbyn might be bad. We know May is bad. He can't be worse.

Raab couldn't be arsed to read the GFA. Davis turned up with ****ing printer paper to meetings to show he'd done work, which he hadn't. Johnson and Gove believe what they'll want if they have a sniff of power. JRM's dad wrote a book on how to make money in a crisis, and he's made £7m and counting. This is the level of shithousery you're dealing with. This Conservative government is the worst government that you could ever conceive and it's not even ****ing close.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But they haven't spent three years negotiating. They wasted months on a general election and David Davies spent something like four hours in meetings with the EU over the course of a year.
    Would that have made a difference? We're the ones leaving. The EU have their legislations, laws etc. Any deals we want have to fit in with EU framework.

Would that have made a difference? We're the ones leaving. The EU have their legislations, laws etc. Any deals we want have to fit in with EU framework.
    They'll accept a softer Brexit but May's "red lines" get in the way. How it took until a few months ago for our first deal to come out is embarrassing. May is doing her best to kick her deal down the road until we have no option to accept it, hence today's announcement. She knew the DUP and ERG wouldn't back her deal but it convinced enough Tory moderates to hold out for her deal, and her deal alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'll accept a softer Brexit but May's "red lines" get in the way. How it took until a few months ago for our first deal to come out is embarrassing. May is doing her best to kick her deal down the road until we have no option to accept it, hence today's announcement. She knew the DUP and ERG wouldn't back her deal but it convinced enough Tory moderates to hold out for her deal, and her deal alone.
    Precisely.

"Which leaders of the Leave campaign do you trust to do Brexit correctly?"

Wahey! I've been arguing this on social media for about a month now, with no-one willing to provide a coherent answer. I doubt you'll get one on here.
    Genuine question for anyone who would still vote leave. I won't respond to any names you suggest (other than perhaps thanking you) but I would like to know which politician and/or political pundit is now considered the credible voice of leave. Is it Michael Gove or Kate Hoey? Is there someone I'm missing?

I couldn't give a rat's arse what they do with it. Are you suggesting that the EU should offer us whatever we want just to sell food to us and that makes them more desperate than us, who won't be able to cover the loss of food? If that is your opinion, please seek help.
    It's not just food though is it. I am talking about everything that we buy from them, and the arrangement benefits them more than it does us.

You got to love the way May is desperate to push her shite deal through, so desperate that if done she will walk off into the sunset with her pockets lined heavily no doubt a la Dave carmeron style. Corbyn seems to have moral values which sets him apart from your average MP, but he will never get enough backing being to left. Only centre labour like Blair will ever win in the UK. If anything ever good came from this shambles, it’s we need a new political system, maybe 5 or 6 smaller parties running.
    But certain policies set in stone that They can’t f**k about with every 4 years and blame previous governments for any issues.
    I genuinely fear for my kids future with the idiots we have in charge at the moment.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You got to love the way May is desperate to push her shite deal through, so desperate that if done she will walk off into the sunset with her pockets lined heavily no doubt a la Dave carmeron style. Corbyn seems to have moral values which sets him apart from your average MP, but he will never get enough backing being to left. Only centre labour like Blair will ever win in the UK. If anything ever good came from this shambles, it’s we need a new political system, maybe 5 or 6 smaller parties running.
    But certain policies set in stone that They can’t f**k about with every 4 years and blame previous governments for any issues.
    I genuinely fear for my kids future with the idiots we have in charge at the moment.....
    Couldn’t agree more with this.

Who's going to buy all the food from the EU which we currently consume? Who's going to buy all the German cars that we drive? We are a net contributor to the EU, so they lose more than us if we don't make a trade deal. The EU is also on the verge of a recession. The reason why they don't want us to leave is ideological, because other countries will follow, and it will be the end of the grand plan for an enlarged USEU.
    One of the myths was that the German car industry would ride to the rescue of Brexiters in pushing for an agreement that would favour our ‘gallant’ brexiteers.

That myth has been utterly debunked as well as that other bollocks about they need us more than we need them. It reads like Oz from Auf Wiedersen Pet in the one episode talking about how needed they were and how the could lay down the law.

That was bollocks too.

Are you sure you don't want to cram any other clichés in?