+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you know the difference between regulations and laws ? Regulations are imposed upon us and we have to comply whether we like it or not. They are decided by back room committees and unknown bureaucrats and we have to comply, as we are part of the 'club', whether we like it or not. We have absolutely no vote or say on these before they are imposed. There are thousands of them. Silly examples include :- They introduced a rule to dictate what size and shape bananas we should eat, also banned the use of high powered hair dryers, vacuums and toasters, banned people from eating their own pet horses but eating other types of horse is perfectly fine, banned traditional British light bulbs, tried to ban the Cornish Pasty etc etc etc. All sound silly but costing UK taxpayers and companies millions of pounds to implement and examples of how they have nothing better to do than interfere in our daily life. Ask British fishermen what they think of EU fishing regulations. Ask British farmers what they think of EU farming directives.
    https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

Regulations are imposed upon us and we have to comply whether we like it or not.
    Who decides and votes these regulations through?

You need to do a bit better research before posting crap like this. There are actually currently about 12000 EU regulations affecting UK law. You are just an attention seeker.
    Read it again small cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Which ones did we have little or no say in? We are an equal member and had equal input.

Because this appears to be the latest fact on that

That’s ignoring the fact that the voting stage isn’t the only input we get. The U.K. also negotiates all laws with the other 27 countries before they’re put to vote.

And ignoring the fact that our MEPs have voted differently to our MPs. Which part of this is undemocratic? Which part is a disadvantage to us?
    In some of those cases, the UK voted against Laws that it actually drew up. So, these 72 laws that have been thrust upon us (such things like labelling drinks containing asperatame probably hinder dml on his day to day business) some may have even been our idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have friends who are farmers, all of whom are ardent remainers. They know that if we leave without a deal, the UK can be swamped with cheaper meat from around the world, where animal welfare is less stringent than here. They all fear for their businesses if we have a no-deal Brexit. Sound good to you?
    You've just reminded me of this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-exports-union

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    You've just reminded me of this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-exports-union
    ALL WURTH iT. LEEvE MEens lEEVe.

Who decides and votes these regulations through?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm looking forward to going back to buying a pint of beer instead of half a litre, having a speed limit in mph instead of km, and spending £ again instead of the bloody Euro.

Oh hang on a minute- we can opt out anyway.
    But, have you seen those memes that tell us that the Lisbon Treaty will force us to give up all sovereignty and the Pound?

I read those memes, they nearly made me angry, then I fact checked (like I do with all of this) and found it was all made up and the Lisbon treaty doesn't mention any of this at all. Also, Cameron negotiated a good deal for the UK before the referendum, one where

""It is recognised that the United Kingdom, in the light of the specific situation it has under the Treaties, is not committed to further political integration into the European Union. The substance of this will be incorporated into the Treaties at the time of their next revision in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Treaties and the respective constitutional requirements of the Member States, so as to make it clear that the references to ever closer union do not apply to the United Kingdom.""

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-35622105

He then came back, got rattled by dickheads like Francois and Rees-Mogg and decided to call a referendum anyway.

Do you know the difference between regulations and laws ? Regulations are imposed upon us and we have to comply whether we like it or not. They are decided by back room committees and unknown bureaucrats and we have to comply, as we are part of the 'club', whether we like it or not. We have absolutely no vote or say on these before they are imposed. There are thousands of them. Silly examples include :- They introduced a rule to dictate what size and shape bananas we should eat, also banned the use of high powered hair dryers, vacuums and toasters, banned people from eating their own pet horses but eating other types of horse is perfectly fine, banned traditional British light bulbs, tried to ban the Cornish Pasty etc etc etc. All sound silly but costing UK taxpayers and companies millions of pounds to implement and examples of how they have nothing better to do than interfere in our daily life. Ask British fishermen what they think of EU fishing regulations. Ask British farmers what they think of EU farming directives.
    I do know what regulations are, although I didn't before the referendum. Might I suggest you use the word 'directive' if you want to be patronising or pedantic about it, though?

Are you saying that no British person was present for any of these decisions?

Eric Half Bee's link is very good and is worth reading. I think just about all of your silly examples are mentioned.

The Working Time Regulations, which implement the Working Time Directive.

The Equal Pay Act 1970 (Amendment) Regulations 2003, which implements the Equal Pay Directive.

The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 1981, which enacts a Directive.
    Can’t believe those bastards forced those on us!

Why don’t you enlighten us with some of your knowledge then rather than moaning?
    Why do you think I’m moaning? I’m saying that this thread is on its 27th page, and it’s the same old durge page after page, with quite a few personal insults getting thrown in every now and then.
    It’s more of an observation than a moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    According to this, from 1996 to 2014 4,514 laws have been implemented with EU influence. 72 were voted down by British representatives but we had to have them anyway because of our EU membership. Looking down the list they all seem quite reasonable.

https://twitter.com/mac_puck/status/1087360379691380736
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why do you think I’m moaning? I’m saying that this thread is on its 27th page, and it’s the same old durge page after page, with quite a few personal insults getting thrown in every now and then.
    Do you mean it's the same old story of remainers coming up with facts and leavers ignoring them and not answering questions?

Why are you still reading it then?

Why are you still reading it then?
    In the hope of some enlightenment.😀

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you mean it's the same old story of remainers coming up with facts and leavers ignoring them and not answering questions?
    Do you think that all these “facts” you remainers are quoting, would result in a different result, in a 2nd referendum?

Do you think that all these “facts” you remainers are quoting, would result in a different result, in a 2nd referendum?
    Everyone ignored them the first time round. Polls seems to say they’d make a difference I don’t think they will.

Why is facts in quotation marks, which ones are you saying aren’t true?

Surely if a load of “facts” have been posted you could easily discredit them rather than asking for the thread to be deleted?

Yes, though marginally. Mainly because most leave voters couldn't give a shit.

Everyone ignored them the first time round. Polls seems to say they’d make a difference I don’t think they will.

Why is facts in quotation marks, which ones are you saying aren’t true?

Surely if a load of “facts” have been posted you could easily discredit them rather than asking for the thread to be deleted?
    I’ve not asked for the thread to be deleted. Asking Mike to call it a draw was tongue in cheek. Don’t get so touchy. An attempt at a little humour to lighten things up. That’s all. Fire away with some more facts.

Did you forget the quotation marks this time? The word humour is doing a lot of work there

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...d-think-again/

Peter Oborne now thinks brexit won’t work but it’s everyone’s fault but his he voted for it.

It’s definitely worth reading though.

International

Where do you get it that I am "still defending the oppressive regime in Azerbaijan?
    Maybe you should look closer to home and a party lead by a Marxist that is anti semetic msogynist and threatens it's own members who speak out against it. Or maybe you think an oppressive government in this country would be perfectly acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    . Or maybe you think an oppressive government in this country would be perfectly acceptable
    The Tories have been in power since Attlee if truth be told.

Where do you get it that I am "still defending the oppressive regime in Azerbaijan?
    Maybe you should look closer to home and a party lead by a Marxist that is anti semetic msogynist and threatens it's own members who speak out against it. Or maybe you think an oppressive government in this country would be perfectly acceptable
    If you really think Corbyn is an ant-semitic, misogynistic, Marxist then you truly have been suckered in by the Daily Hate Mail and its allies.

Which party is that?

Can't be Labour and Corbyn - he isn't a Marxist, or anti-Semitic or a misogynist.

The only bit that does apply to Labour is the comment about 'threatening its own members' that surely applies to attacks on Chris Williamson, Marc Wadsworth, Jackie Walker, Tony Greenstein and others for challenging Labour's institutional support for apartheid Israel?

You are surely not claiming that media darling Margaret Hodge was threatened when she publicly abused and libelled her party leader, and then had all disciplinary processes abandoned without any hearing at all - as has been the case with all the right wing MPs and other Labour figures who have had a free pass for 3 years and been held to a totally different standard of accountability (virtually none) than those on the left. The disciplinary apparatus of the Labour Party has been controlled by people hostile to Corbyn for most of his time as leader.