Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Yes they probably did vote leave ,so did folk in places like Swindon and Sunderland even after big name employers in those areas such as Nissan and Honda said , no, don't vote to leave , it may hurt you and us , and those companies pump massive values and jobs into thier local economies.

Look at Wales, it received huge amounts of investment , it was a net receiver of cash and investment subsidy , and we know it wont be matched by Westminster, but still it voted to leave.

I think this was an emotive vote, one that had some deep rooted feelings that had festered over many years, even decades , around independent law making ,immigration, border control, farming/ fishing quotas , loss of identity, over employed beaurcacts, unchallenged bloated and costly european officialdom ,obscene wages and pensions to support the commission.

It's almost like a child lashing out , after a period of frustration.

I still think if a new referendum was put in place we would not see a different result. I might be wrong?? but onna personal level , I do know folk who voted leave, will do so again .
We might not get a different result, but I think the country is owed the opportunity to have their say with what we've learned. If 52%+ say this what they really want, then so be it.

Actually, Leave have a big advantage from a PR point of view. The slogan is simply "Tell Them Again". That's very powerful.