+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I was against having a referendum in the first place. My view has always been if you have got issues with someone you are better of arguing constructively rather than stomping off in a rage.
    I also agree with the point made above that Brexit suits certain people, certain fund managers who have already made a shit load of money on it already.
    Cameron did exactly that well before the referendum and the EU, effectively told Britain to F off. This, after the EU had bankrolled Greece who were in a terrible state.

EU showed nothing but contempt for Britain, we effectively had no say in matters and I believe that was a factor for a lot of people who voted leave when the referendum was eventually held.

Some have been saying that May's husband will benefit from leaving the EU, yet May was in favour of Remain at the time of the referendum!!

The opinion I will heard recently that I really don't understand is as follows...

" I voted to remain originally, but I feel that the EU have been so disrespectful in the negotiations that I now want to leave"

I think the EU have been remarkably professional throughout the whole process. They set out their stall at he start and stuck to a consistent position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The opinion I will heard recently that I really don't understand is as follows...

" I voted to remain originally, but I feel that the EU have been so disrespectful in the negotiations that I now want to leave"

I think the EU have been remarkably professional throughout the whole process. They set out their stall at he start and stuck to a consistent position.
    That is UK media for you including the state broadcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I am the same.
    We voted in a referendum. It is binding on the politicians.
    they have a duty to deliver.

On normal bills and things each MP can vote as he sees fit, but with a referendum he doesn't. Anyone in parliament attempting to stop it should be removed for obstructing the will of the people.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It is wrong though because it’s ignoring what we pay that money for.

It’s ignoring the cheaper and easier trading we get, it’s ignoring the end access to medical research we get, it’s ignoring the access to confidential information we get, it’s ignoring the access to criminal and terrorist data we get, it’s ignoring the fact British people can travel easier through the eu, it’s ignoring the ability to move to Spain or France when you retire without any issues.

It’s like me saying you shouldn’t pay £300 for a season ticket because all you get back is a plastic card.

The net gain the U.K. get in terms of EU spend will be dwarfed by the amount of money we lose in not being in the trading bloc. Ergo it isn’t a benefit.
    But that is the reality, you might not like it but that is what has happened on the ground, immigrants taking our jobs, paying in more than we get back, EU telling us what to do blah blah blah, leave won and that is it, a big concern until about 48 hours ago was the Government was going to go against the vote, whispers in the last day or so is more along the lines of we are going and that is it.

My brother has already been struggling to get enough epilepsy medicine for several months now
    Why? What does he take? Could it be that his pharmacist only uses a specific supplier and if he took the prescription to a different pharmacist then he'd be able to get it? This was talked about on tv a couple of weeks ago.

I only say this as we've had no issues (touch wood) getting hold of my daughter's epilepsy medication so far.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Why? What does he take? Could it be that his pharmacist only uses a specific supplier and if he took the prescription to a different pharmacist then he'd be able to get it? This was talked about on tv a couple of weeks ago.

I only say this as we've had no issues (touch wood) getting hold of my daughter's epilepsy medication so far.
    I think it is epilim, and it's been going on a while. Not actually run out at any point but come pretty close on a few occasions, and not getting the full prescription from the pharmacy as theyve been trying to ration everybody

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Totally agree.
    It isn’t binding though.

Surely the MPs should do what is best for the country not drive us into the abys because of an advisory referendum that’s been proven to have had illegal funding on one side?

It’s almost like you two don’t want sovereignty.

I think it is epilim, and it's been going on a while. Not actually run out at any point but come pretty close on a few occasions, and not getting the full prescription from the pharmacy as theyve been trying to ration everybody
    That's one of the meds my daughter has. We've had no issues, although the pharmacist has changed recently from a generic back to the branded version.
    Try changing your pharmacist.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It isn’t binding though.

Surely the MPs should do what is best for the country not drive us into the abys because of an advisory referendum that’s been proven to have had illegal funding on one side?

It’s almost like you two don’t want sovereignty.
    I don't think they should go against the people [terrible repercussions for democracy, trust, fairplay etc, not to mention possible civil unrest], if the great and the good don't think its in the UK's interest to leave, they should honour the vote and then campaign to get back in.
    Assuming we leave come the next election some parties no doubt will pledge to get us/try and get us back in.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I don't think they should go against the people [terrible repercussions for democracy, trust, fairplay etc, not to mention possible civil unrest], if the great and the good don't think its in the UK's interest to leave, they should honour the vote and then campaign to get back in.
    Assuming we leave come the next election some parties no doubt will pledge to get us/try and get us back in.
    Why not have another vote on the final deal? That wouldn't be going against any democracy

International

If you read my post I never said we don't have sovereignty, I said it is peoples desire for and belief in it that will drive another leave vote. I think it is the root cause of that vote, however it is dressed up.

with regard to medicine shortage, as we are still in the EU there is no reason on earth why there should be a shortage now, unless your supplier is stockpiling it.
    It has amazed me that every single "Bad news" story for the last 3 years has been blamed on the looming brexit. What did they blame everything on before? I know lots of the problems were blamed on the EU.

There is no way that all of the things blamed on brexit are in fact caused by it. And it hasn't even happened yet ffs.

But isn’t true democracy & fairplay the option to change your mind if you’ve been misled & lied to? Very undemocratic to say ‘ That’s that!’ to anything, you’ve always got ‘cooling off’ periods on a lot of ‘signed for’ situations. This Brexit cooling off period is revealing a hell of a lot of falsehoods, fibs & fools. Aren’t polls now revealing a 60/40 in favour of remain had the referendum been now? It was built up as a once in a generation thing, load of balls that really as a fair few of one generation has passed on & a fair few of the next generation have come of age since Summer 2016.

3.15 million now. I can't see it happening, but things could get interesting if the number of signatures reaches the 10 million mark.

Petition over 3 million now

If you read my post I never said we don't have sovereignty, I said it is peoples desire for and belief in it that will drive another leave vote. I think it is the root cause of that vote, however it is dressed up.

with regard to medicine shortage, as we are still in the EU there is no reason on earth why there should be a shortage now, unless your supplier is stockpiling it.
    It has amazed me that every single "Bad news" story for the last 3 years has been blamed on the looming brexit. What did they blame everything on before? I know lots of the problems were blamed on the EU.

There is no way that all of the things blamed on brexit are in fact caused by it. And it hasn't even happened yet ffs.
    It'd be interesting to hear Des Parrot's view on "Brexit hasn't even happened yet ffs"

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    3.15 million now. I can't see it happening, but things could get interesting if the number of signatures reaches the 10 million mark.
    About the same as the second of the great chartist petitions

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It'd be interesting to hear Des Parrot's view on "Brexit hasn't even happened yet ffs"
    Brexit hasn't happened yet, and £1trillion has already left the UK.

Why not have another vote on the final deal? That wouldn't be going against any democracy
    Democracy is not a one off event as one of Plaids main players Liz Saville Roberts might say, I have no issue with another vote, if it was up to me I would leave to honour the original vote as I think democracy is sacred and then I would expect several parties in the next GE to offer a referendum vote if they get in and for there to be another vote via that route.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But isn’t true democracy & fairplay the option to change your mind if you’ve been misled & lied to? Very undemocratic to say ‘ That’s that!’ to anything, you’ve always got ‘cooling off’ periods on a lot of ‘signed for’ situations. This Brexit cooling off period is revealing a hell of a lot of falsehoods, fibs & fools. Aren’t polls now revealing a 60/40 in favour of remain had the referendum been now? It was built up as a once in a generation thing, load of balls that really as a fair few of one generation has passed on & a fair few of the next generation have come of age since Summer 2016.
    I like elections the more elections the better but they need to be honoured, you could be talking about the Scottish independence election, at first I thought you was when you mentioned falsehoods, fibs & fools in relation to the winning side.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why is 10 million a significant figure? Merely because it is a round number and sends the total to 8 figures?

I like elections the more elections the better but they need to be honoured, you could be talking about the Scottish independence election, at first I thought you was when you mentioned falsehoods, fibs & fools in relation to the winning side.
    If we leave with no deal then we probably will be looking at Scottish independence and a united Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why is 10 million a significant figure? Merely because it is a round number and sends the total to 8 figures?
    It would also be the largest petition in UK history, wouldn't it?

If we leave with no deal then we probably will be looking at Scottish independence and a united Ireland
    Oh yes.

“Brexit hasn’t even happened yet” shows you are very one eyed and not seeing the big picture.

Talk to the majority of small and medium business owners in the U.K. and they’re already feeling the affect, talk to the HR department at any large business and the U.K., ask the employees of Nissan, Toyota etc. Then rethink your argument.