+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thinly veiled "I'll believe what I want and nothing else will sway me" post IMHO.
    Is that a wrong way to be? Remain is the known and leave is the unknown to a degree. It could work out fantastically so you need a bit of heart to go along with your head.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I actually liked Corbyn. I was far more labour leaning than conservative but this whole brexit debate has turned it upside down for me.

Corbyn who used to wear his heart on his sleeve now seems multi-faced. I don’t know where he stands anymore. I am pro-brexit, and I’m still not sure what Corbyn is.
    Corbyn is quite obviously pro brexit, but he isn't willing to let the working class pay the cost of the financial disruption for it

I actually liked Corbyn. I was far more labour leaning than conservative but this whole brexit debate has turned it upside down for me.

Corbyn who used to wear his heart on his sleeve now seems multi-faced. I don’t know where he stands anymore. I am pro-brexit, and I’m still not sure what Corbyn is.
    So because you don’t like the leader of one of the parties you’ve completely changed your political leanings?

Is that a wrong way to be? Remain is the known and leave is the unknown to a degree. It could work out fantastically so you need a bit of heart to go along with your head.
    Virtually every economic expert, all independent fiscal institutions and even the government predict huge problems when we leave, with the harder the Brexit, the harder things will get for us. Even Prof. Minford, a right wing, pro no-deal supporting economist says it'll cost lots of jobs and will give us the chance to align our workforce (lower wages and less rights). Of course, all of these could be wrong. It could work out fantastically, but we're talking about basing an opinion on factual evidence or highly educated opinion, or disregarding those opinions either out of a self-belief that they are wrong or worse. I'm someone who is more interested in listening to educated opinions and facts rather than just believing something because I'm right and everyone else is not.

What about the lack of life saving medicine we are currently going through though? Even if these magical unicorns appear in 10 years (the opposite of what every economic forecaster has said) is it worth people dying in the mean time?

Your whole argument for it is, it could be great eventually. 1. It almost definitely won’t be, 2. No deal will economically cripple the country, 3. There are many other issues besides the economy that are already happening.

That’s without even mentioning taking freedom of movement away from British working class citizens is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Virtually every economic expert, all independent fiscal institutions and even the government predict huge problems when we leave, with the harder the Brexit, the harder things will get for us. Even Prof. Minford, a right wing, pro no-deal supporting economist says it'll cost lots of jobs and will give us the chance to align our workforce (lower wages and less rights). Of course, all of these could be wrong. It could work out fantastically, but we're talking about basing an opinion on factual evidence or highly educated opinion, or disregarding those opinions either out of a self-belief that they are wrong or worse. I'm someone who is more interested in listening to educated opinions and facts rather than just believing something because I'm right and everyone else is not.
    You and Croesy are verging on the hysterical.
    Listening to you 2, we may as well just roll over and let the EU do what ever they like.
    Do you think the UK will collapse the minute we leave?
    I don’t think the powers that be, thought for one minute that the result would be leave, and now the scaremongering is getting to epidemic proportions.
    Just as it did when the Scotts had the audacity to go for an independence vote.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Listening to you 2, we may as well just roll over and let the EU do what ever they like.
    I don’t think the powers that be, thought for one minute that the result would be leave, and now the scaremongering is getting to epidemic proportions.
    There’s literal proof for everything I’ve said. Which bit do you think isn’t true? I can back every single bit up.

Have you ever though it’s you being ignorant of the facts rather than people being hysterical?

Out of interest, exactly how do you see it working out fantastically? What is the upside in your opinion?

It’s no wonder people believe brexit is going to be good when you watch that documentary about the illegal vote leave campaign.

Tailor made dark ads that created and spread outrageous lies.

Repeated and viewed by millions of people.

But only targeted at certain people, so they avoided showing them to people they thought would call them out.

Complete manipulation.

It’s no wonder the same people who these ads targeted believe brexit will be great and think everything else is “project fear”. Because that’s exactly what the ads say.

You only have to look at the language of certain posters who are still repeating the phrases used in the ads verbatim.

You can rest assured that you're doing your bit for the pockets of Farage, Banks, Rees-Mogg and so on.

Aren't leavers rolling over and letting them do what they like? Why is it ok for some to fight for what they believe in, but not others?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You can rest assured that you're doing your bit for the pockets of Farage, Banks, Rees-Mogg and so on.

Aren't leavers rolling over and letting them do what they like? Why is it ok for some to fight for what they believe in, but not others?
    Not really. The leavers won the vote, and the UK will leave the EU. Job done.
    You can rest assured that you won’t be lining the pockets much longer of the gravy train mob in the EU 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s no wonder people believe brexit is going to be good when you watch that documentary about the illegal vote leave campaign.

Tailor made dark ads that created and spread outrageous lies.

Repeated and viewed by millions of people.

But only targeted at certain people, so they avoided showing them to people they thought would call them out.

Complete manipulation.

It’s no wonder the same people who these ads targeted believe brexit will be great and think everything else is “project fear”. Because that’s exactly what the ads say.

You only have to look at the language of certain posters who are still repeating the phrases used in the ads verbatim.
    Wasn't just online ads that were lies. I received some mail at the time repeating the 350millikn line which by that time was known to be false. And suggesting that turkey were imminently joining the EU and even a map suggestiNg Iraq and Syria were roughly level with southern France, and a lot closer than they actually are.

Screenshot_20190409-111814.jpg

It’s not like one person is saying anything like roll over and let the eu do what they like either.

What people are saying is it’s better for Britain to be in the eu from an economic standpoint, a rights standpoint and a health stand point.

Also people need to stop speaking about the eu like it’s some overlord. We are part of the EU and have equal say. Britain has always been one of the most influential countries in the eu, stop believing everything that’s posted on your Facebook and in the sun.

You can rest assured that you won’t be lining the pockets much longer of the gravy train mob in the EU ��
    So why was it ok for them to fight for brexit but not ok for others to fight for economic stability and their jobs?

You can rest assured that you won’t be lining the pockets much longer of the gravy train mob in the EU 👍
    So because the vote was “won” no one is allowed to say its bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Out of interest, exactly how do you see it working out fantastically? What is the upside in your opinion?
    Anyone?

On an unrelated note, I've just discovered that french overseas territories like Tahiti and Martinique count as part of the EU in terms of freedom of movement, same goes for Dutch and Portuguese overseas possessions

International

Ah we are down to the patronising comments about other posters level of education in grammar are we? Never made a typo in your life gave You? Sad sad person ☺

And, as typical for a leave voter, everything I've stated has been ignored.

If virtually every economist, independent fiscal organisation and the government all predict roughly the same thing, I suspect there's some truth in it.

Fine, if you think you know better without any evidence to back up your opinion, that's up to you. How reckless would the opinions of you and your ilk prove if official predictions come true? You'd still find someone else to blame for things not working.

That's why I ask the question of what is so bad about the current situation that leave voters are prepared to gamble with the economic prosperity of the country and the jobs and livelihoods of normal people?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Ah we are down to the patronising comments about other posters level of education in grammar are we? Never made a typo in your life gave You? Sad sad person ☺

No one cares about typos, you posted a load of incoherent bollocks then used that as a defence when you got called out on it being a load of crap.

This thread on Twitter by a pro brexit Tory lawyer sums up what has gone wrong with brexit:

https://twitter.com/adrianyalland/st...027949057?s=21

It has been hijacked by the hard brexit lunatics rather than the brexiters who wanted brexit for the good of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    No one cares about typos, you posted a load of incoherent bollocks then used that as a defence when you got called out on it being a load of crap.
    Or was it carp?