+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Name three examples out of those 12,000 where we had little or no say and they adversely affected us.
    Do you know the difference between regulations and laws ? Regulations are imposed upon us and we have to comply whether we like it or not. They are decided by back room committees and unknown bureaucrats and we have to comply, as we are part of the 'club', whether we like it or not. We have absolutely no vote or say on these before they are imposed. There are thousands of them. Silly examples include :- They introduced a rule to dictate what size and shape bananas we should eat, also banned the use of high powered hair dryers, vacuums and toasters, banned people from eating their own pet horses but eating other types of horse is perfectly fine, banned traditional British light bulbs, tried to ban the Cornish Pasty etc etc etc. All sound silly but costing UK taxpayers and companies millions of pounds to implement and examples of how they have nothing better to do than interfere in our daily life. Ask British fishermen what they think of EU fishing regulations. Ask British farmers what they think of EU farming directives.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you know the difference between regulations and laws ? Regulations are imposed upon us and we have to comply whether we like it or not. They are decided by back room committees and unknown bureaucrats and we have to comply, as we are part of the 'club', whether we like it or not. We have absolutely no vote or say on these before they are imposed. There are thousands of them. Silly examples include :- They introduced a rule to dictate what size and shape bananas we should eat, also banned the use of high powered hair dryers, vacuums and toasters, banned people from eating their own pet horses but eating other types of horse is perfectly fine, banned traditional British light bulbs, tried to ban the Cornish Pasty etc etc etc. All sound silly but costing UK taxpayers and companies millions of pounds to implement and examples of how they have nothing better to do than interfere in our daily life. Ask British fishermen what they think of EU fishing regulations. Ask British farmers what they think of EU farming directives.
    Thing is, even if they were imposed in the manner you suggest (btw they weren't), they also seem eminently reasonable to me.

Ask British farmers what they think of EU farming directives.
    I have friends who are farmers, all of whom are ardent remainers. They know that if we leave without a deal, the UK can be swamped with cheaper meat from around the world, where animal welfare is less stringent than here. They all fear for their businesses if we have a no-deal Brexit. Sound good to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have friends who are farmers, all of whom are ardent remainers. They know that if we leave without a deal, the UK can be swamped with cheaper meat from around the world, where animal welfare is less stringent than here. They all fear for their businesses if we have a no-deal Brexit. Sound good to you?
    You've just reminded me of this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-exports-union

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    You've just reminded me of this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-exports-union
    ALL WURTH iT. LEEvE MEens lEEVe.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

I do know what regulations are, although I didn't before the referendum. Might I suggest you use the word 'directive' if you want to be patronising or pedantic about it, though?

Are you saying that no British person was present for any of these decisions?

Eric Half Bee's link is very good and is worth reading. I think just about all of your silly examples are mentioned.