+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What does it matter what we're saying, it is just our opinion, and not necessarily the same opinion, and you will probably disagree with uy both anyway. I blame Brexit for it.
    Do you not think an opinion can be wrong?

Do you not think when dealing with something that could completely damage a country’s economy and make the poor poorer it might be better to deal with facts?

Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean I disrespect your opinion or you either.

It’s worth noting that today it’s come out that the UK’s public spending is down to 38% one of the lowest in Europe. That’s worrying enough as it is and could get much worse after Brexit.

Because both India and China have been trying for a long long time to make it easier to get their citizens into this country. Irrespective of what people will think, both of these countries will be in a very strong position when negotiating a trade deal with the UK - we will be desperate for deals and for immigrants to work.

There’s nowt wrong with immigration, but for those who voted leave because of immigration are in for a rude awakening.

Edit - this post was meant to quote the why immigration with trade post.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Are you both saying propaganda doesn’t exist or doesn’t work?
    What does it matter what we're saying, it is just our opinion, and not necessarily the same opinion, and you will probably disagree with uy both anyway. I blame Brexit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Ok 👍

International

Do you not think an opinion can be wrong?

Do you not think when dealing with something that could completely damage a country’s economy and make the poor poorer it might be better to deal with facts? That is your opinion. you cannot know this for a fact, it hasn't happened yet.

Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean I disrespect your opinion or you either.

It’s worth noting that today it’s come out that the UK’s public spending is down to 38% one of the lowest in Europe. That’s worrying enough as it is and could get much worse after Brexit.
    Doesn't this mean we are paying less tax? Like personal allowances increasing for example?

Of course I think an opinion can be wrong. that's a stupid question. I think your opinion is wrong for a start lol and you think mine is.

It’s not my opinion though, it’s the opinion of 90% or economists dealing with Brexit.

That’s the difference between having an opinion based on facts and projections and dreaming something up.

It’s not just to do with the increased personal allowance no.

International

It’s not my opinion though, it’s the opinion of 90% or economists dealing with Brexit.

That’s the difference between having an opinion based on facts and projections and dreaming something up.

It’s not just to do with the increased personal allowance no.
    So it is still someones opinion then. It cannot be fact as it hasn't happened yet although it may be based on very good scientific analysis of trends etc.

The comment about allowances was just a reference to the government taking less of our earnings. Part of the reason they can do this is because with more people working the revenue is greater. But I don't wish to get into another argument, financial this time.

You need to learn the difference between an opinion and a projection before discussing anything else.

Over 5 million now.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Over 5 million now.
    Still a very long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Still a very long way to go.
    Unless it’s 51% of the entire population of the UK signed up I don’t understand why we’re giving it any oxygen.

I’m a leave voter and I still believe it’s the right choice

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Unless it’s 51% of the entire population of the UK signed up I don’t understand why we’re giving it any oxygen.

I’m a leave voter and I still believe it’s the right choice
    But cannot give a reason why you think it’s the right choice.

I don’t think it’s going to make a difference but they’re giving it oxygen because it’s now been signed by ~10% of the electorate.

In short, the uneducated xenephobes throughout the UK were given a chance to crawl out from under their rocks, and show their true colours.......they took it, with both hands.

I’m past caring now, they made their bed.

But cannot give a reason why you think it’s the right choice.

I don’t think it’s going to make a difference but they’re giving it oxygen because it’s now been signed by ~10% of the electorate.
    1 in 6 of the usual turn out

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    In short, the uneducated xenephobes throughout the UK were given a chance to crawl out from under their rocks, and show their true colours.......they took it, with both hands.

I’m past caring now, they made their bed.
    That’s a wonderful argument. Many levels above your usual contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s a wonderful argument. Many levels above your usual contributions.
    You what?

What about all my well informed posts regarding our phoney (English) captain of Wales?

You must have missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    You what?

What about all my well informed posts regarding our phoney (English) captain of Wales?

You must have missed them.

have you thought of starting a Uk Gov petition you might have to prove your reasons behind it, it seems to be a popular question on here

It's interesting that most of the people asking for a second referendum are Remainers. I presume they are making the assumption that the result will be different second time around - where is the evidence that this might be the case? Cameron's big mistake was not insisting that a minimum of a two-thirds majority would be required!

5.3m signatures now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    It's interesting that most of the people asking for a second referendum are Remainers. I presume they are making the assumption that the result will be different second time around - where is the evidence that this might be the case? Cameron's big mistake was not insisting that a minimum of a two-thirds majority would be required!
    It would obviously be close and is therefore worth a second go at it for the remain stabd-point.

I think it’s probably more of an emotive thing though anyway. A sense of hope that people might be finally realising the shit they are getting into.

I feel like some leavers who got swept up in the tabloid push for a leave vote might not be bothered to vote thia time round. I know people like this.

I also know remainers who didn’t vote because they thought remain was a given.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

have you thought of starting a Uk Gov petition you might have to prove your reasons behind it, it seems to be a popular question on here
    I think his days are over anyway, my work is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Over 5 million now.
    It’s falling on deaf ears, deaf ears that have no doubt made secret deals to line their own pockets in trade deals already, hence the ridiculous flogging a dead horse deal already. Strange how a million can march in protest but no one seems to be marching in support of leaving? Is it because they are all to old to walk even?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yep, how badly done was it ffs...should have been more clear gap for victory either way. Had no faith in politicians before this, doubt anyone has any at all now. We might aswell go all the way and scrap the archaic shite 2 party system we do have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...coBN4zI3zZqW5s

Over a million signatures in under 24 hours
    From the Telegraph:

“Truly, Brexit Derangement Syndrome has gone viral.
    So far, an impressive list of characters has signed the petition. Jacob Rees-Mogg has given it his seal of approval over 8,000 times. Idi Amin, of all people, has signed it over 700 times. Journalist Julia Hartley-Brewer registered herself under the name “Remoaner McRemoanface”, seemingly without detection. One Leaver, Bruce Lawson, testing the online system’s limits, found that he could sign the petition on multiple email accounts. Others have set up automated systems to sign up over and over again.
    Signatures have been pouring in from North Korea to Russia to the Vatican City. Clearly, the rest of the world feels Britain is making a huge mistake – they must do, if the Holy See, the leader of the ERG and a deceased Ugandan warlord are all united in their attempts to thwart Brexit. It emerges that the petition’s creator, one Margaret Georgiadou, had joked about killing the PM and shooting Brexiteers “with impunity” on her Facebook account. You couldn’t make it up.
    All this tells us what we already knew – the petition isn’t worth the e-paper it’s written on.”

Jeez, the theories about this damn petition. Given that 16.1 million people voted to remain, is it so incredulous that 5 million of those might sign a petition (notwithstanding the hordes of people just 'testing' the system)? The question should be where are the other 11 million or are they content with how things are progressing?