+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    She's playing the role she was chosen for, nobody could be this inept. If you can't see it, it says a lot more about you than it does me
    There are so many avenues to stop brexit if that's what they wanted.
    Theresa may has been playing brinkmanship to try to get her deal through by threatening no deal, or no brexit.
    If she (or whoever you think is controlling her, presumably George Soros again) really wanted to stop brexit that would be a really stupid way of going about it

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Has anyone seen Mark Francois arguing that it wasn’t advisory? If there’s a more loathsome and stupid man in politics at the moment that this little TA twerp I’ve not seen them.
    Has he changed his mind on May's deal? I think he's one of those from the ERG who will vote against it today and therefore is, in some ways, less loathsome than Rees-Mogg and Boris who have the intelligence but none of the principles.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Has he changed his mind on May's deal? I think he's one of those from the ERG who will vote against it today and therefore is, in some ways, less loathsome than Rees-Mogg and Boris who have the intelligence but none of the principles.
    I've never seen or heard anything from Rees mogg or Johnson that suggests they are intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've never seen or heard anything from Rees mogg or Johnson that suggests they are intelligent
    Me neither, went to a good school thanks to having rich parents. Neither would be where they are today without rich parents, neither of them would ever admit that though they’ll think it’s purely “hard work”.

Theresa may has been playing brinkmanship to try to get her deal through by threatening no deal, or no brexit.
    If she (or whoever you think is controlling her, presumably George Soros again) really wanted to stop brexit that would be a really stupid way of going about it
    You are leaving the 17.4 Brexit voters out of your equation. BTW it's the CoL.

Let's suspend reality just far enough to say that this was the intention from the UK side. Relationships with Europe have been soured beyond repair. It would be the dumbest way to remain.

You are leaving the 17.4 Brexit voters out of your equation. BTW it's the CoL.
    A number of which will have voted have been present misinformed information, being lied to or being outright manipulated. That these people were mistreated is not a good enough reason to continue on with the ill treatment. Someone out there must be able to say something positive about Brexit other than "it was the will of the people" but I haven't seen anyone who has continued to put forward that argument, and most of the existing promises have fallen away.

Exactly the only reason we are given for people being desperate for brexit to happen now is lots of people voted for it, conveniently ignoring that we were all misled during the campaign and that the options were too binary.

There’s currently a small band of Brexit lunatics outside my office with a megaphone, what’s the betting the presence of this protest will be 10% of the March lazy week, will have a lot more arrests and a lot more media coverage?

And if you think I'm stuck in an echo-chamber then please help me out by pointing me to the leave person I should give time to if there is another referendum. I've asked several times now.

This all being a conspiracy to keep us in the EU must be the stupidest conspiracy yet. The flat earth conspiracy has more chance of being true.

Imagine believing out government were competent to be doing this on purpose because you were too afraid to believe that they’re just normal people ****ing everything up because they’re incompetent

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This all being a conspiracy to keep us in the EU must be the stupidest conspiracy yet. The flat earth conspiracy has more chance of being true.

Imagine believing out government were competent to be doing this on purpose because you were too afraid to believe that they’re just normal people ****ing everything up because they’re incompetent
    The most incompetent person in the world could not be as incompetent as the current version of the PM, yet you keep going on about how incompetent she is. I'm really amazed that the penny hasn't dropped yet

The most incompetent person in the world could not be as incompetent as the current version of the PM, yet you keep going on about how incompetent she is. I'm really amazed that the penny hasn't dropped yet
    I would argue that she's been more irresponsible than incompetent.
    We've seen from the 9 various options for brexit, all roundly defeated in parliament the other day that there isn't a solution that has enough support to go through. She's been playing for time to be able to use the deadline as an extra incentive to get people on board with her plan, or face a potentially worse option in no deal, or no brexit depending on your viewpoint.
    I don't think a better deal could have been negotiated with the EU, as they set their stall out at the start and have stuck to it resolutely.

Also it’s the government who’ve been useless rather than May who is sticking to type. People go on about her backing remain during the referendum but if you remember he time in the home office being a little englander is her raison d’ętre.

I’ve got a mate who’s a civil servant and worked for her and the hostile environment was completely driven by her.

The only person who’s influencing her is her disaster capitalist husband.

Dominic raab resigned in protested against a deal he helped negotiate and said it was “worse than staying in the eu” and now he’s going to vote for it.

There’s no conspiracy here just public school boys playing politics and not giving a shit about anything but themselves.

I would argue that she's been more irresponsible than incompetent.
    We've seen from the 9 various options for brexit, all roundly defeated in parliament the other day that there isn't a solution that has enough support to go through. She's been playing for time to be able to use the deadline as an extra incentive to get people on board with her plan, or face a potentially worse option in no deal, or no brexit depending on your viewpoint.
    I don't think a better deal could have been negotiated with the EU, as they set their stall out at the start and have stuck to it resolutely.
    May's deal attempt one - defeat by 230
    May's deal attempt two - defeat by 149
    No deal - defeat by 240

Other options were defeated by less than 100 votes with one defeated by 8 votes. Not all defeats were equal.

May's deal attempt one - defeat by 230
    May's deal attempt two - defeat by 149
    No deal - defeat by 240

Other options were defeated by less than 100 votes with one defeated by 8 votes. Not all defeats were equal.
    IMG_20190327_230817.jpg

Finally somebody with a spine!

j

It cannot be undone?

It cannot be undone?

Wait, that can't be right, I'm sure you told us we are never going to leave because of some big conspiracy

It cannot be undone?

In one respect he’s talking bollocks, we can unilaterally revoke A50 or, once out, we can apply to join again, so it can be undone - a future government can’t be bound by a present one.

However, if we leave and then reapply then we will not get in on the same basis as we’re in now, so in that respect he’s right.

A number of which will have voted have been present misinformed information, being lied to or being outright manipulated. That these people were mistreated is not a good enough reason to continue on with the ill treatment. Someone out there must be able to say something positive about Brexit other than "it was the will of the people" but I haven't seen anyone who has continued to put forward that argument, and most of the existing promises have fallen away.
    That ol’ chestnut

If it's still the will of the people then what's the harm in having another referendum?
    It'd be a walk in the park wouldn't it?

If it's still the will of the people then what's the harm in having another referendum?
    It'd be a walk in the park wouldn't it?
    Well you obviously think it would be a 'walk in the park' to remain, the way you have been banging on about this issue for the last few weeks. How would you cope if it turned out to be another leave vote. Oh - I forgot, you would claim that it was all a big mistake again and that people didnt know what they were voting for and would call for a third one, just to sort it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well you obviously think it would be a 'walk in the park' to remain, the way you have been banging on about this issue for the last few weeks. How would you cope if it turned out to be another leave vote. Oh - I forgot, you would claim that it was all a big mistake again and that people didnt know what they were voting for and would call for a third one, just to sort it all out.
    Let's find out