Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
It isn't just about what they are stopping us doing, its about having some other authority that has powers to prevent our government enacting laws for our people and having last say in our national affairs at different levels. what laws are they stopping us enacting

I do not like the fact that some foreign judges, some if not all of whom are political appointees can overrule judgements handed down in british courts by british judges to and for british people. what judgements have been over ruled

I don't like that fact that the common agricultural policy is in serious need of review but it never happens because the french are held to ransom by their farmers and veto changes. fair point

I do not like the fact that France subsidises its major companies contrary to EU policy and no one stops them. fair point

I do not like the fact that we put more money into the EU that we take out not true, plus the benefits we get on trading etc are worth it

and we are subsidisiing countries that cannot or will not run their economies within manageable figures, like Italy and Greece.. not true

Whilst on the subject, if we contribute more than we take out how can it be categorically untrue that they are just giving us our own money beck? it is untrue

I don't like how the fishing regulations favours spanish ships fishing in our waters and that they have a bigger say in the policy because they eat a lot of fish. that won’t be any better when we are out though

I do not like the way that EU countries ignore the law that says refugeees must be registered for asylum in the first country they enter, and allow them to just cross the whole of Europe to get to UK. And the EU takes no action against them for doing it. In fact they tried to penalise Italy when as a Sovereign state they prevented refugee ships from docking. so you don’t like it when they don’t register in the first country but also don’t like it when they punish a country when they’re the first country

Hungary (I think it was) had to build a fence to keep them out because other countries weren't acting on the first country rule and they got into trouble with the EU for their actions to protect, as they saw it, their own country. Hungary built a fence because they have a far right government
There’s still not one tangible benefit of leaving in that. No one is saying the EU is perfect, in fact they do need big reforms. But the current U.K. government aren’t any better.