+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stay in the EU petition

I see IDS was on radio 4 this morning saying leaving the customs union opens up the British Service sector to global trade treaties.

The WTO does not regulate services and China, India and the US are not opening up services.

Is he very stupid or just lying? And how can he be allowed to get away with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I see IDS was on radio 4 this morning saying leaving the customs union opens up the British Service sector to global trade treaties.

The WTO does not regulate services and China, India and the US are not opening up services.

Is he very stupid or just lying? And how can he be allowed to get away with it?
    Because the media don't know enough to challenge them?

https://twitter.com/Jim_Cornelius/st...46588015427590 - "The EU was never properly explained to the Brtish public."

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1111571065048842240

Just zoom out for a second. Back to the days when you thought the country was run by rational actors who wanted the best for their nation rather than their party.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Happy non Brexit day everyone
    Supposed to be a pro Brexit demonstration today outside parliament, I wonder if it could get a bit violent.

Seems mad that they can bribe areas like this. If this money is available for bribing MPs why wasn’t it already available to regenerate these areas anyway?

Are the people who voted to stop £350 million a month* going to the EU happy to see this money just being used for bribes instead?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The Tories are happy to potentially risk the end of their party, and the career of everyone involved, just to maybe stop Brexit. And if you believe that you'll believe anything.

I wonder why they didn't just say "the referendum was only advisory"?
    Has anyone seen Mark Francois arguing that it wasn’t advisory? If there’s a more loathsome and stupid man in politics at the moment that this little TA twerp I’ve not seen them.

Has anyone seen Mark Francois arguing that it wasn’t advisory? If there’s a more loathsome and stupid man in politics at the moment that this little TA twerp I’ve not seen them.
    Has he changed his mind on May's deal? I think he's one of those from the ERG who will vote against it today and therefore is, in some ways, less loathsome than Rees-Mogg and Boris who have the intelligence but none of the principles.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Has he changed his mind on May's deal? I think he's one of those from the ERG who will vote against it today and therefore is, in some ways, less loathsome than Rees-Mogg and Boris who have the intelligence but none of the principles.
    I've never seen or heard anything from Rees mogg or Johnson that suggests they are intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've never seen or heard anything from Rees mogg or Johnson that suggests they are intelligent
    Me neither, went to a good school thanks to having rich parents. Neither would be where they are today without rich parents, neither of them would ever admit that though they’ll think it’s purely “hard work”.

Exactly the only reason we are given for people being desperate for brexit to happen now is lots of people voted for it, conveniently ignoring that we were all misled during the campaign and that the options were too binary.

There’s currently a small band of Brexit lunatics outside my office with a megaphone, what’s the betting the presence of this protest will be 10% of the March lazy week, will have a lot more arrests and a lot more media coverage?

This all being a conspiracy to keep us in the EU must be the stupidest conspiracy yet. The flat earth conspiracy has more chance of being true.

Imagine believing out government were competent to be doing this on purpose because you were too afraid to believe that they’re just normal people ****ing everything up because they’re incompetent

This all being a conspiracy to keep us in the EU must be the stupidest conspiracy yet. The flat earth conspiracy has more chance of being true.

Imagine believing out government were competent to be doing this on purpose because you were too afraid to believe that they’re just normal people ****ing everything up because they’re incompetent
    The most incompetent person in the world could not be as incompetent as the current version of the PM, yet you keep going on about how incompetent she is. I'm really amazed that the penny hasn't dropped yet

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The most incompetent person in the world could not be as incompetent as the current version of the PM, yet you keep going on about how incompetent she is. I'm really amazed that the penny hasn't dropped yet
    I would argue that she's been more irresponsible than incompetent.
    We've seen from the 9 various options for brexit, all roundly defeated in parliament the other day that there isn't a solution that has enough support to go through. She's been playing for time to be able to use the deadline as an extra incentive to get people on board with her plan, or face a potentially worse option in no deal, or no brexit depending on your viewpoint.
    I don't think a better deal could have been negotiated with the EU, as they set their stall out at the start and have stuck to it resolutely.

I would argue that she's been more irresponsible than incompetent.
    We've seen from the 9 various options for brexit, all roundly defeated in parliament the other day that there isn't a solution that has enough support to go through. She's been playing for time to be able to use the deadline as an extra incentive to get people on board with her plan, or face a potentially worse option in no deal, or no brexit depending on your viewpoint.
    I don't think a better deal could have been negotiated with the EU, as they set their stall out at the start and have stuck to it resolutely.
    May's deal attempt one - defeat by 230
    May's deal attempt two - defeat by 149
    No deal - defeat by 240

Other options were defeated by less than 100 votes with one defeated by 8 votes. Not all defeats were equal.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    May's deal attempt one - defeat by 230
    May's deal attempt two - defeat by 149
    No deal - defeat by 240

Other options were defeated by less than 100 votes with one defeated by 8 votes. Not all defeats were equal.
    IMG_20190327_230817.jpg

Also it’s the government who’ve been useless rather than May who is sticking to type. People go on about her backing remain during the referendum but if you remember he time in the home office being a little englander is her raison d’être.

I’ve got a mate who’s a civil servant and worked for her and the hostile environment was completely driven by her.

The only person who’s influencing her is her disaster capitalist husband.

Dominic raab resigned in protested against a deal he helped negotiate and said it was “worse than staying in the eu” and now he’s going to vote for it.

There’s no conspiracy here just public school boys playing politics and not giving a shit about anything but themselves.

Finally somebody with a spine!

j

It cannot be undone?

It cannot be undone?

Wait, that can't be right, I'm sure you told us we are never going to leave because of some big conspiracy

It cannot be undone?

In one respect he’s talking bollocks, we can unilaterally revoke A50 or, once out, we can apply to join again, so it can be undone - a future government can’t be bound by a present one.

However, if we leave and then reapply then we will not get in on the same basis as we’re in now, so in that respect he’s right.

If it's still the will of the people then what's the harm in having another referendum?
    It'd be a walk in the park wouldn't it?

If it's still the will of the people then what's the harm in having another referendum?
    It'd be a walk in the park wouldn't it?
    Well you obviously think it would be a 'walk in the park' to remain, the way you have been banging on about this issue for the last few weeks. How would you cope if it turned out to be another leave vote. Oh - I forgot, you would claim that it was all a big mistake again and that people didnt know what they were voting for and would call for a third one, just to sort it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well you obviously think it would be a 'walk in the park' to remain, the way you have been banging on about this issue for the last few weeks. How would you cope if it turned out to be another leave vote. Oh - I forgot, you would claim that it was all a big mistake again and that people didnt know what they were voting for and would call for a third one, just to sort it all out.
    Let's find out