+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Cognitive dissonance is so strong among certain sectors.

It’s not worth debating on this board, there has not even after all these pages been one decent reason given to leave that isn’t completely easily proved to be nonsense.

The brexit people were sold doesn’t exist, anyone who still wants it is happy for the country to become an economic backwater just so they can say they’ve “won”.
    They tell me if you had cognitive dissonance, then you probably wouldn't be aware of it

Cognitive dissonance is so strong among certain sectors.

It’s not worth debating on this board, there has not even after all these pages been one decent reason given to leave that isn’t completely easily proved to be nonsense.

The brexit people were sold doesn’t exist, anyone who still wants it is happy for the country to become an economic backwater just so they can say they’ve “won”.
    It's incredible. A trade deal with the US is a massive opportunity when it's the UK but a real problem when it's the EU.

I find it amazing that anyone can look at what is happening and still think, yeah this is gonna work out well in the end. Even if you're dead keen on the idea of brexit, just look at the people currently in parliament. We have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's incredible. A trade deal with the US is a massive opportunity when it's the UK but a real problem when it's the EU.
    We can have trade deals with both

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    But why would we get better than we have now when every sign is saying our economy will reduce following Brexit? And if freedom of movement is cost of our current trade deal with the EU then what will be the acceptable cost of a trade deal with the US post-Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Lardy, I meant the debate on here isn't serious in the great scheme of things, not that the subject itself isn't.

But your last comment is deeply worrying. Do you believe that people who may be deemed to not understand something as much as others might should be denied a vote?
    Well that is a whole new can of worms. Denied the opportunity to elect a representative to act in their interests in parliament, no.

People not understanding what they are voting for is a pretty good argument for not holding referendums. But then we are denied the right to vote on all sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well that is a whole new can of worms. Denied the opportunity to elect a representative to act in their interests in parliament, no.

People not understanding what they are voting for is a pretty good argument for not holding referendums. But then we are denied the right to vote on all sorts of things.
    People knew what they were voting for, you are just repeating the media construct that they didn't know.

People knew what they were voting for, you are just repeating the media construct that they didn't know.
    Seems a bit opinioish for someone who deals only in facts - my own opinion, and recollection from the way the matter was discussed three years ago, is that people leaving without a deal, which someone like you would, apparently, have us believe was the preferred method of getting out of the EU on Referendum day was barely discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems a bit opinioish for someone who deals only in facts - my own opinion, and recollection from the way the matter was discussed three years ago, is that people leaving without a deal, which someone like you would, apparently, have us believe was the preferred method of getting out of the EU on Referendum day was barely discussed.
    Cameron made it very clear what leave meant in his Chatham House speach.

Cameron made it very clear what leave meant in his Chatham House speach.
    A major Leave politician Daniel Hannan said that if we left the EU our position in the Single Market would not be threatened. What do Cameron and Hannan have in common? They are Tories. Tory politicians lie for a living.

Assuming you can’t be bothered to turn back a page and find it - I have copied and pasted it below for your convenience:

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle
    Brexiteers don't need to put it to another vote. They won, remember?

Yes, but won what? A leave with or without a deal or does it not really matter as long as we leave?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Assuming you can’t be bothered to turn back a page and find it - I have copied and pasted it below for your convenience:

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle
    Brexiteers don't need to put it to another vote. They won, remember?

Yes, but won what? A leave with or without a deal or does it not really matter as long as we leave?
    I'm quite intrigued what the pro no deal people think of the long term. Do they never want a deal with the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    and the result was??????????????????????????????????//

The result isn't important, you basically implied they couldn't fight... One country controlled most of continental Europe for years due to their armies, the fact that pretty much every other power within Europe had to come together to beat that one country suggests that they could fight.

Also how about the 100 years war... I think the French actually won that one eventually but some idiot named it before it had finished!
    Last edited by speedyblue; 06-04-19 at 22:41. Reason: autocorrect error

We already have one with both. The US are not going to give little UK the same trade deal as they give the big EU... That's how trade deals work.... The bigger you are the better the deal you get. It also takes years to negotiate trade deals, they don't just grow in trees and personally I wouldn't trust this government to negotiate a reduced price on a sofa from DFS

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    We already have one with both. The US are not going to give little UK the same trade deal as they give the big EU... That's how trade deals work.... The bigger you are the better the deal you get. It also takes years to negotiate trade deals, they don't just grow in trees and personally I wouldn't trust this government to negotiate a reduced price on a sofa from DFS
    Little UK is the 5th biggest economy in the world

Little UK is the 5th biggest economy in the world
    One place behind Germany who are, we are told, getting themselves into a terrible state at the prospect of a no deal Brexit and yet Farage and the ERG nutters keep on banging on about what a great opportunity such a situation would provide us with .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One place behind Germany who are, we are told, getting themselves into a terrible state at the prospect of a no deal Brexit and yet Farage and the ERG nutters keep on banging on about what a great opportunity such a situation would provide us with .
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angu...s_by_GDP_(PPP)

In 1980 we were eighth, 1990 eighth, 2000 tenth, 2010 ninth.

Almost as if the way the EU has changed has been good for us. It's another example of the cognitive dissonance mentioned earlier. Brexiters really shouldn't be using our good economy as an argument, but for some reason they do.

How can anyone say any of one’s what we were voting for? In November 2016 (after the vote) everyone was still saying we would be in the single market. Johnson and Gove wrote articles on it for the sun.

This was after the no vote so anyone saying no deal was what was expected and wanted from the start is talking complete rubbish.

Here’s one from the month after the vote too, the gas lighting on this is ridiculous-

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-eu-referendum-single-market-brexit-a7104846.html

How can anyone say any of one’s what we were voting for? In November 2016 (after the vote) everyone was still saying we would be in the single market. Johnson and Gove wrote articles on it for the sun.

This was after the no vote so anyone saying no deal was what was expected and wanted from the start is talking complete rubbish.

Here’s one from the month after the vote too, the gas lighting on this is ridiculous-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7104846.html
    The public voted for no deal, Johnson is for Johnson and no one else hence he was said to have a different speech/article backing different sides ready depending on the result of Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    The public voted for no deal, Johnson is for Johnson and no one else hence he was said to have a different speech/article backing different sides ready depending on the result of Brexit.
    When did the public vote for 'no deal'?

I missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I missed that one.
    That is what leave meant to most ordinary folk that voted out, I know many that voted leave and have asked them.

That is what leave meant to most ordinary folk that voted out, I know many that voted leave and have asked them.
    Mmm ok

In the early years, every time I asked a leave voter "Why?" I got a different answer.

Now all they do is repeat the mantra "Brexit means Brexit, Out means Out" the stupid ****ers have probably forgotten why they voted out in the first place. Twats.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I missed that one.
    The first person to say "No Deal" was May when she first uttered the phrase "No Deal is better than a Bad Deal". Until then, no-one countenanced it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    The first person to say "No Deal" was May when she first uttered the phrase "No Deal is better than a Bad Deal". Until then, no-one countenanced it at all.
    Yes quite, I use that one all the time ' no deal is better than a bad deal' because she now seems to think the exact opposite.

https://twitter.com/frankmcnallyit/s...866241536?s=21

Cognitive dissonance the order of the day for all brexitteers.