+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

International

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Theresa May's deal has been heavily defeated twice in about six weeks, but her attitude appears to be to bludgeon that electorate into accepting it and she won't stop having votes on it until they do - surely that's more a case of democracy being reinvented than wanting to have another vote on a subject that was put to the people of this country nearly three years ago?
    I wasn't referring to her deal which may be shite, but the people who are trying yo stop brexit altogether even thought they voted in parliament to trigger article 50 in the first place.

Look, if you believe my decision to vote leave was irrational and ill-informed, which you probably do, that's fine. As I said, the pros and cons of Brexit are of secondary importance to me.

The more important issue is whether parliament is allowed to ignore the voice of the electorate. I think the more important issue for you and many others is whether we stay in the EU. I think you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So what you’re basically saying is “16 million people are thick and led like sheep”

Bet you’re one of those in the playground who on losing the toss of a coin, says “best of three”
    Where have I said that? I completely understand why people voted leave, but those reasons are unachievedable.

I’m the sort of person who doesn’t want the poor in this country to get poorer. I always vote on how I think the majority and the vulnerable will be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Look, if you believe my decision to vote leave was irrational and ill-informed, which you probably do, that's fine. As I said, the pros and cons of Brexit are of secondary importance to me.
    Where have I said that? I’m just asking why you still think leaving is a good idea, what benefits will it bring?

The more important issue is whether parliament is allowed to ignore the voice of the electorate. I think the more important issue for you and many others is whether we stay in the EU. I think you're wrong.
    Parliament are doing the exact thing they’re supposed to do, it’s called sovereignty.

The more important issue for me is the wellbeing of the people in this country. Especially the poor and the working classes.

By the way, so far as I am aware neither campaign has been found guilty of electoral fraud. So neither campaign was illegal. And the Electoral Commission has said that there is no evidence that the irregularities it has found on the leave side had an effect on the result.

Am I saying something offensive asking people what the benefits of leaving are going to be?

Why are people acting like I’m on a wind up and insulting people.

I’m being fair and asking a reasonable question. I’m yet to get a straight answer.

By the way, so far as I am aware neither campaign has been found guilty of electoral fraud. So neither campaign was illegal. And the Electoral Commission has said that there is no evidence that the irregularities it has found on the leave side had an effect on the result.
    The allegations have been proven. May hasn’t allowed any investigation into it because then they’d have to stop Brexit.

She doesn’t want to because her husband is a hedge fund manager who’s making millions from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Where have I said that? I’m just asking why you still think leaving is a good idea, what benefits will it bring?

Parliament are doing the exact thing they’re supposed to do, it’s called sovereignty.

The more important issue for me is the wellbeing of the people in this country. Especially the poor and the working classes.
    You're wrong. We live in a representative democracy. In that system we elect MPs and, if they don't do what we want, we elect a different MP at the next election.
    There is one exception to that - when the government (in this case supported overwhelmingly by Parliament) decides to use direct democracy in the form of a plebiscite.
    When Parliament passed the issue over to us, and the government promised to act on our decision, they ceded their sovereignty to us. Their job was to act on what we decided. They haven't.

The allegations have been proven. May hasn’t allowed any investigation into it because then they’d have to stop Brexit.

She doesn’t want to because her husband is a hedge fund manager who’s making millions from this.
    Can you show me evidence of where the leave campaign has been found guilty of fraud? You says it was acting illegally.

I knew it would be a conspiracy. What do you mean on purpose?

Again it’s not it’s just our government are incompetent and stupid. May’s deal was dead before it even started.

The EU have been negotiating what’s best for them, obviously that’s on purpose

What benefits were you expecting to come out of this that have been “purposely” missed.
    You can stick your conspiracies where the sun don't shine. I called it 3 years ago after the staged Tory leadership contest, and it's turned out exactly as I predicted.

Are you ignoring the fact of it being a non binding referendum?

Parliament’s job is to serve the people of this country. If they’d have backed May’s deal they’d have been making us definitely worse off.

They’re working exactly how they are supposed to work.

I’m still waiting for one benefit of Brexit that you voted for.

And I'm not sure you want to bring hedge fund managers into the debate do you?

Also the referendum was only advisory and not legally binding. All of the vote leave campaigns have actually been found guilty of electoral fraud. One was fined another £40k only this week. If the the referendum was legally binding it would have been declared null and void

Can you show me evidence of where the leave campaign has been found guilty of fraud? You says it was acting illegally.
    Look up the integrity initiative, they have a roster of journalists who have been pushing this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You can stick your conspiracies where the sun don't shine. I called it 3 years ago after the staged Tory leadership contest, and it's turned out exactly as I predicted.
    It’s turned out exactly as most people predicted it. There’s no underhandedness at play.

There’s a country with a useless government leaving a group of countries with whom they have a good deal. How exactly was it supposed to work differently?

And I'm not sure you want to bring hedge fund managers into the debate do you?
    Yes since they’re the ones who were funding the leave campaign. Have a look at how much money Farage, Rees-Mogg and Aaron Banks have made since the referendum.

I agree it was technically non-binding. I'm not ignoring that. I'm awarding more sigificance to the fact that we were told the result would be acted upon. The government spent £9m of our money telling us.

What you are doing is what disreputable companies do in telling people they should have read the small print when a different story was told in banner headlines in their ad.

And I'm not debating the pros and cons of Brexit with you. As I've said as nausum, it's not about that and I really don't care what you think my reasons might be.

Anyway I have to go make dinner. Enjoy your evening safe in the knowledge that if the government ignores 17.4m voters they're probably not too concerned about you or the other 999,999 who've signed this petition.

Look up the integrity initiative, they have a roster of journalists who have been pushing this stuff.
    You can go look for yourself though, the facts are out there for everyone to see.

3 pages and still waiting for one benefit as to why people still want to leave.

I agree it was technically non-binding. I'm not ignoring that. I'm awarding more sigificance to the fact that we were told the result would be acted upon. The government spent £9m of our money telling us.

What you are doing is what disreputable companies do in telling people they should have read the small print when a different story was told in banner headlines in their ad.

And I'm not debating the pros and cons of Brexit with you. As I've said as nausum, it's not about that and I really don't care what you think my reasons might be.

Anyway I have to go make dinner. Enjoy your evening safe in the knowledge that if the government ignores 17.4m voters they're probably not too concerned about you or the other 999,999 who've signed this petition.
    Why do you keep saying the government are ignoring people? Brexit is being negotiated, Brexit will happen and it will be to the detriment of the poorest members of society in this country.

You can go look for yourself though, the facts are out there for everyone to see.
    I've already had a little scratch below the surface thanks.

I thought your expertise would be required investigating the Sala crash, and helping with Boeing 737 Max 8 investigations?

Link us to it then.

Which version of leave do you think we should adopt? Two of the leaders of the official voting leave campaign group, Gove and Johnson, think very differently. One supports May the other wants to leave with no deal. If these two have different opinions of what leaving means, surely the leave voters must be equally as split

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Which version of leave do you think we should adopt? Two of the leaders of the official voting leave campaign group, Gove and Johnson, think very differently. One supports May the other wants to leave with no deal. If these two have different opinions of what leaving means, surely the leave voters must be equally as split
    And both of those options come with big negatives for the country and big positives for disaster capitalists.