+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible redundancies at Swansea Town

Possible redundancies at Swansea Town

A neighbour of mine who works for them reckons everyone except players and coaching staff have been warned they may lose their jobs..
    Not sure how much truth is in it but it sounds grim down west and heard there's worse to come

Re: Possible redundancies at Swansea Town

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    A neighbour of mine who works for them reckons everyone except players and coaching staff have been warned they may lose their jobs..
    Not sure how much truth is in it but it sounds grim down west and heard there's worse to come
    Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Shame.
    It's the workers who are behind the scenes who will be made scapegoats i feel for..

I've applied for voluntary redundancy worth a shot.

Never nice to see people lose their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Shame.
    Classy.

The letter sent out from Twitter.

https://twitter.com/leeadams79/statu...188168192?s=21

It’s awful for anyone who loses their job.

Maybe they should ask the players to take a pay cut rather than lay off the club staff who earn pennies in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Maybe they should ask the players to take a pay cut rather than lay off the club staff who earn pennies in comparison.
    They’ve just replaced Jenkins with former Chelsea chief executive Trevor Birch. Reported to be on £500k PA, something stinks.

Bony will pay back the 5 million he had in the last 12 months surely? Did he do anything? Even play?

They may lay a few people off, but you can't run a championship club with no staff. Who's going to make the tea? What a ridiculous story.

Fair play those owners have asset stripped that place to the bone. Football banter is one thing but people losing their jobs is shite. Sad times.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Fair play those owners have asset stripped that place to the bone. Football banter is one thing but people losing their jobs is shite. Sad times.
    Jenkins should hang his head in shame after what he’s done, quick buck, selling to a hedge fund.....can’t see how they will stay up next season, the next Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Jenkins should hang his head in shame after what he’s done, quick buck, selling to a hedge fund.....can’t see how they will stay up next season, the next Bolton
    Correct. I'm probably doing everyone's head in with my repetitive posts, but fùck it. Jenkins and co did the unthinkable and out did the uPdAtE crew in what they did. Utter, utter scum.

To be fair to you I suppose, in the interests of fairness, it is your turn to have a laugh at our expense

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Correct. I'm probably doing everyone's head in with my repetitive posts, but fùck it. Jenkins and co did the unthinkable and out did the uPdAtE crew in what they did. Utter, utter scum.

To be fair to you I suppose, in the interests of fairness, it is your turn to have a laugh at our expense
    Some of us take no pleasure in seeing another Welsh club in distress.

International

I suppose the next step will be local traders waiting to be paid. We've been here before haven't we?
    `

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I suppose the next step will be local traders waiting to be paid. We've been here before haven't we?
    `
    Most clubs have been run that way at one point or another, it all runs in cycles. Having been made redundant just over a year ago i can say what a struggle it is and how it has such a huge impact on not only your own finances but your well being, confidence, your social circle, family and kids. Literally everything in your life takes a huge knock so i really feel for the people who will be involved in the process to come. Also need to remember that many of these workers salaries will be a pittance, part of why they do the job will be because they love and support the club so they will be hurting on that side too.

I hope something can be resolved one way or the other to keep everything as is. On the rivalry front, my only hope is that they are below us in the table at any point in time, but not at the expense of the peoples club and their livelihoods.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post

Laughing at your results on the field is one thing, but this is not about rivalry, just feel for the people under threat this morning,just hope the same thing dosen’t happen to us if we get relegated

Maybe it’s time the Premier league set aside a little money for these eventualities,so that ordinary employees didn’t suffer

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Maybe it’s time the Premier league set aside a little money for these eventualities,so that ordinary employees didn’t suffer
    The problem there would be that clubs would see that was an available fall back and spunk more money on players.

The whole system needs an overhaul, this is symptomatic of the desire to get to the “promised land” and stay there at all costs.

The Birch appointment smacks of employing someone to do the dirty work for them.
    500k worth, Shame for the local employees , which will be a distressing time for them.
    Their 90 days consultation probably started with that letter.

Absolutely. That's across the board too, not just Swansea Town.

In very small clubs like Port Talbot Town and even Merthyr, a lot of the behind-the-scenes staff work hard for bugger all.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Never nice to see people lose their jobs

A pitty, I know someone who works at the stadium (presumably under the Stadium Management Company), never nice to have that hanging over your head.

And as others have said, it's crazy how badly Swansea have been run recently.. a big pitty. There's no need for them to have been asset stripped really.