+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible redundancies at Swansea Town

Re: Possible redundancies at Swansea Town

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Maybe it’s time the Premier league set aside a little money for these eventualities,so that ordinary employees didn’t suffer
    They would argue that they already do in the shape of parachute payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They would argue that they already do in the shape of parachute payments.
    Yes l think that’s correct really and that’s why it’s so important as the City have done this season to live prudently and guard against relegation,just hope that if it happens the club are not making the same headlines

Not good at all for the back room staff and run of the mill employees. Awful for anyone to lose a job, especially if they’re happy in it, I’ll be taking two buckets to the Chelsea game.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not good at all for the back room staff and run of the mill employees. Awful for anyone to lose a job, especially if they’re happy in it, I’ll be taking two buckets to the Chelsea game.
    No one can eat 2 buckets of KFC

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    Most clubs have been run that way at one point or another, it all runs in cycles. Having been made redundant just over a year ago i can say what a struggle it is and how it has such a huge impact on not only your own finances but your well being, confidence, your social circle, family and kids. Literally everything in your life takes a huge knock so i really feel for the people who will be involved in the process to come. Also need to remember that many of these workers salaries will be a pittance, part of why they do the job will be because they love and support the club so they will be hurting on that side too.

I hope something can be resolved one way or the other to keep everything as is. On the rivalry front, my only hope is that they are below us in the table at any point in time, but not at the expense of the peoples club and their livelihoods.
    I hope you have found another job, Mr 1927.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No one can eat 2 buckets of KFC
    Thought they were FCK’d am I dyslexic or?

First Team

Hopefully redundancies can be avoided or at least kept to a bare minimum. Taking the mick on football related matters is fine but when we are talking about people's livelyhoods then that is not a joking matter. Fingers crossed for those employees under threat.

It just gets worse. Birch has an equity element in his package thus diluting the Trusts share.

What a turn around.

How long ago was that movie they made out?

Sequel due i reckon.

They are going to have a nightmare summer window.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    The Birch appointment smacks of employing someone to do the dirty work for them.
    500k worth, Shame for the local employees , which will be a distressing time for them.
    Their 90 days consultation probably started with that letter.
    For once it seems that waste of seminal fluid Dineen is quiet on Twitter. Personally I hope him and the rest of those bastards never set foot anywhere near the club again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It just gets worse. Birch has an equity element in his package thus diluting the Trusts share.

What a turn around.

How long ago was that movie they made out?

Sequel due i reckon.

They are going to have a nightmare summer window.
    JTAK - thankfully I never watched it. One big marketing ploy. Cúnts (them, not you, obviously )

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBluebirds View Post
    A pitty, I know someone who works at the stadium (presumably under the Stadium Management Company), never nice to have that hanging over your head.

And as others have said, it's crazy how badly Swansea have been run recently.. a big pitty. There's no need for them to have been asset stripped really.
    That's what happens when you have a deluded cúnt as chairman who thinks he's Pep Guardiola.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    That's what happens when you have a deluded cúnt as chairman who thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
    And I hear jacks say they reckon he’s made 17 million out of Swansea post sale and his huge wage, plus cuts of transfers etc.....
    I’m sure he will buy you back and take you back up again......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    And I hear jacks say they reckon he’s made 17 million out of Swansea post sale and his huge wage, plus cuts of transfers etc.....
    I’m sure he will buy you back and take you back up again......
    I refuse to go until all of them have gone. I'd rather fester in my own faeces than give a penny to that Gonzo - nosed cúnt

I refuse to go until all of them have gone. I'd rather fester in my own faeces than give a penny to that Gonzo - nosed cúnt
    Good man

Correct. I'm probably doing everyone's head in with my repetitive posts, but fùck it. Jenkins and co did the unthinkable and out did the uPdAtE crew in what they did. Utter, utter scum.

To be fair to you I suppose, in the interests of fairness, it is your turn to have a laugh at our expense
    Not really, it’s depressing that ordinary workers will lose their jobs while the people who got the club into this mess have full pockets of cash... Jenkins, the directors and some players who let the club down badly.

So as much as we take the piss out of each other on the football side of things I can’t with a good conscious laugh at the expense of people losing their jobs.

If enough of you boycott and don’t buy ST’s etc...the yanks will get the message I reckon. It’s tough not going as you feel guilty about hurting the club more, but short term pain for long term gain and all that.....despite many jacks laughing at our predicament a few years back when relegated in red when lots stopped going, I wish you all the best outing them. Never thought I’d say this but we are fortunate to have Vincent......

Wonder what will happen to all their academies or ‘schools of excellence ‘ in Cardiff and the Valleys.

Maybe City can pick up some of the staff at these and improve our youth set up, which has been less successful than Swansea’s for some time.

After all, one it’s in our City and catchment area and 2. Some of these coaches worked for Cardiff before

If we stay up the first thing we need to do is invest in and upgrade our Academy

As others have said, although it’s good to see a rival club struggling- especially after the stick we had from most of them, no one wants to see normal people lose their jobs.

The only upside is at the moment there is plenty of work around and I’m sure most will get new jobs quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Wonder what will happen to all their academies or ‘schools of excellence ‘ in Cardiff and the Valleys.

Maybe City can pick up some of the staff at these and improve our youth set up, which has been less successful than Swansea’s for some time.

After all, one it’s in our City and catchment area and 2. Some of these coaches worked for Cardiff before

If we stay up the first thing we need to do is invest in and upgrade our Academy

As others have said, although it’s good to see a rival club struggling- especially after the stick we had from most of them, no one wants to see normal people lose their jobs.

The only upside is at the moment there is plenty of work around and I’m sure most will get new jobs quickly
    Can imagine luxuries like academies will be the first to go.....particularly outside Swansea...plenty of kids and coaches going free?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If enough of you boycott and don’t buy ST’s etc...the yanks will get the message I reckon. It’s tough not going as you feel guilty about hurting the club more, but short term pain for long term gain and all that.....despite many jacks laughing at our predicament a few years back when relegated in red when lots stopped going, I wish you all the best outing them. Never thought I’d say this but we are fortunate to have Vincent......
    How the worm has turned, hey