+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At last the Remainers are fuched

Re: At last the Remainers are fuched

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would hazardous a guess if there was a second referendum, and God I hope theres not, the vote would be similar , and the leave Labour voters would vote the same without paying much attention to Mogg ,Gove or Johnson there desire to vote leave was a personal one,depending on thier circumstance and social surrounding ,not the ERG.
    https://www.theweek.co.uk/100429/bre...n-three-charts

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Yep the polls have changed for the remainers, as they lost the vote , therefore so more active and vocal in my view .

Curtis does say it's a slight move .

It's just my view based on people I come across in work and life general ,I simply don't see a sea change in view .

Hey I'm probaly wrong, its just a view based on experiences around me .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep the polls have changed for the remainers, as they lost the vote , therefore so more active and vocal in my view .

Curtis does say it's a slight move .

It's just my view based on people I come across in work and life general ,I simply don't see a sea change in view .

Hey I'm probaly wrong, its just a view based on experiences around me .
    A German friend of mine asked me before the referendum how I saw the Brexit vote going. My response to him was based on the people I know and work with i.e. 95% for Remain (pared down from the 98% I though it was going to be as I wanted to err on the side of safety!). I only know four people (one friend, two colleagues and a Polish acquaintance in a walking group) who voted for Brexit so the circles we move in aren't an accurate sample.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For nearly three years Leavers have been lecturing Remainers about how 17.4 million voted a certain way and, although it put me on the losing side, they were right to do so - I see it as the biggest single argument in favour of Brexit and have always said that the decision should be honoured, hence my lukewarm, at best, support for a second Referendum.

However, where that argument breaks down is when people try to do as you and Elwood have done and start to argue that things like, say, a Norway/Canada deal or a customs union somehow does not represent the wishes of Leave voters. There is absolutely no way of knowing this for certain because of the simplicity in the Referendum question that Leavers seize upon when trying to use it to their advantage. All the result told us was that a majority of people who could be bothered voting on a random day thirty three months ago were in favour of leaving the EU - if we went ahead with any of the three options I mentioned above, we would be delivering what the Leavers voted for, we would be leaving the EU.

In the time since the vote, people with agendas on the Leave side have tried to claim that Leave meant a "hard" Brexit or a no deal Brexit. The definition of what a Leave vote meant has gradually shifted to represent the wishes of the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage and Theresa May (with her idiotic red lines) - prove to me that this is what all of the 17.4 million were in favour of when they voted and I'll start looking at things in a new light.
    Where did I say that a Norway /Canada deal or customs union doesn't represent the wishes of the leave voters????

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A German friend of mine asked me before the referendum how I saw the Brexit vote going. My response to him was based on the people I know and work with i.e. 95% for Remain (pared down from the 98% I though it was going to be as I wanted to err on the side of safety!). I only know four people (one friend, two colleagues and a Polish acquaintance in a walking group) who voted for Brexit so the circles we move in aren't an accurate sample.
    I guess its the environments we touch , I have to say I'm surrounded by leavers in work, and socially remainers .