+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential"off" this evening..

Potential"off" this evening..

I just had an email from st Martin's school in Caerphilly, to be mindful of a potential altercation with them and Cardiff school boys.

I didn't think this still happened.
    I can remember fights between Lewis boys and heolddu back in the day.

Re: Potential"off" this evening..

Hard as nails us Lady Mary lot, although Heathfield House battered us😢😢😢

St Illtyds Vs Rumney High was like Fenerbace Vs Galatasaray

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hard as nails us Lady Mary lot, although Heathfield House battered us������
    Sounds like really tough gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I just had an email from st Martin's school in Caerphilly, to be mindful of a potential altercation with them and Cardiff school boys.

I didn't think this still happened.
    I can remember fights between Lewis boys and heolddu back in the day.
    Home or away ? And -was there subsidised travel for the away school ?....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sounds like really tough gang.
    Never mess with an all girls school 🤪🤪

Never mess with an all girls school ����
    Tried it once but got arrested.

Never mess with an all girls school ����
    Nazareth House day, used to be carnage

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Home or away ? And -was there subsidised travel for the away school ?....
    Don't start, you'll have the HMRC onto you...

Glan Ely v Mostyn v Glyn Derw
    Mental

Hard as nails us Lady Mary lot, although Heathfield House battered us😢😢😢
    We had a shock when we played rugby against you.

We weren’t very good, but were laughing at the name of the school thinking we were going to play against a load of softies...

We lost 36-0 against a far bigger and better side.

Weren’t laughing much after.

Similar happened when we played a school in Penarth, which we thought was posh.

Got stuffed and our coach got bricked 😂

International

We dreamed of being battered by Heathfield house.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    When I was at St Iltyds it didn’t happen in my year. There was a bland indifference to each other. Probably because the majority of us Ilts didn’t live in Llanrumney/Rumney so had no cause for beef with Rumney High.

But I’ve heard at other times it’s fkared up. I think as I hated St iltyds so much I had no interest in fighting for it 😃

When I was at St David’s 6th form college though I was prepared to die for them as Port Talbot 6th form seconds football team found out on e day in 1993...😉😂😂

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

We weren’t very good, but were laughing at the name of the school thinking we were going to play against a load of softies...

St Cyres was a nightmare in my day both on or off the rugby pitch, Stanwell far less. We never played against any Cardiff school in rugby so no idea what they were like .
    Bizarrely, Grangetown , Llanrumney and Ely all played in the Barry and district football league. As Llantwit were dominant in my period we handed all of them a beating on the pitch. However a Tarki led mob chased us off the Marl after we got a late winner and got a little cocky.

That's where i went. There were some right headers in my year. The odd thing about going to a catholic school was the difference in social demographics. There were quite a few kids from affluent backgrounds, others who would select the school because they thought that a catholic school delivered a better education mixed in with the rough heads from Adamsdown, Splott, Mynachdy and Llanedeyrn etc of which i was one. I remember playing rugby against this school from Caerphilly, they were being cocky and laughing at the name of the school. There was this tall lad with a cricket bat and a dusty Cardiff City season ticket who had apparently organised the mini bus trip down from Caerphilly......i wonder what happened to him

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    When you say Rumney High, do you mean, Caer Castell or Ball Road ?????

We used to get on with Caer Castell, in the 60’s, even used to go to their youth club on Friday nights.

Ball Road, now that was a different kettle of fish

Did see the best fight ever there on one Friday night!!! Two girls, ripped each other shreads Tits everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    When you say Rumney High, do you mean, Caer Castell or Ball Road ?????

We used to get on with Caer Castell, in the 60’s, even used to go to their youth club on Friday nights.

Ball Road, now that was a different kettle of fish

Did see the best fight ever there on one Friday night!!! Two girls, ripped each other shreads Tits everywhere
    5 TITs involved then😂😂😂👍

We had a very good football side as well in our years but, you’re right Tim, the rugby sides were excellent. In my time there, pupils from St Albans, St Cadocs, St Peters, St Josephs & St Davids all went to Lady Mary, all rugby junior schools and the schools that always formed the backbone of Cardiff Juniors, so for a senior school to have the pick of that lot was a bit lopsided in relation to other senior schools. I think one year the ‘A’ side win every game without conceding a point. I definitely recall the two fixtures against Glam Ely, the first one was won 81-0 & the second one Lady Mary were 54-0 up at half time, so the two respective sports masters called that the result and swapped packs for a second half friendly to make it a bit fairer.

We had a very good football side as well in our years but, you’re right Tim, the rugby sides were excellent. In my time there, pupils from St Albans, St Cadocs, St Peters, St Josephs & St Davids all went to Lady Mary, all rugby junior schools and the schools that always formed the backbone of Cardiff Juniors, so for a senior school to have the pick of that lot was a bit lopsided in relation to other senior schools. I think one year the ‘A’ side win every game without conceding a point. I definitely recall the two fixtures against Glam Ely, the first one was won 81-0 & the second one Lady Mary were 54-0 up at half time, so the two respective sports masters called that the result and swapped packs for a second half friendly to make it a bit fairer.
    St Albans went to St Iltyds as did St Cadocs when i was there. It was St Peters, St Joes, Christ the King (Softies) and a smattering from St Philip Evans in Llanedeyrn as well as a fair few whose parents had paid for a private junior school education and then came over to State for secondary Education.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    St Albans went to St Iltyds as did St Cadocs when i was there. It was St Peters, St Joes, Christ the King (Softies) and a smattering from St Philip Evans in Llanedeyrn as well as a fair few whose parents had paid for a private junior school education and then came over to State for secondary Education.
    In my day, only the intelligent f eckers who passed the 11 PLUS, went to St Illtyds

I won’t say where the failures went

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's where i went. There were some right headers in my year. The odd thing about going to a catholic school was the difference in social demographics. There were quite a few kids from affluent backgrounds, others who would select the school because they thought that a catholic school delivered a better education mixed in with the rough heads from Adamsdown, Splott, Mynachdy and Llanedeyrn etc of which i was one. I remember playing rugby against this school from Caerphilly, they were being cocky and laughing at the name of the school. There was this tall lad with a cricket bat and a dusty Cardiff City season ticket who had apparently organised the mini bus trip down from Caerphilly......i wonder what happened to him
    😂

I would think I was a few years older than you and a few younger than Steve, Dan

Can’t imagine you being a rugby player either- the ones we played against were huge 🙂

Wish they had swapped a few players over for our game 😂

��

I would think I was a few years older than you and a few younger than Steve, Dan

Can’t imagine you being a rugby player either- the ones we played against were huge ��
    We had a boy in our year, Francis Bonello, he was like Andre the Giant, at 12. He was f ucking gigantic .
    Had a beard & moustache as well (always sent him to the bar )

��

Can’t imagine you being a rugby player either- the ones we played against were huge ��
    I'm 46. I played outside half for the school and inside centre or fullback for Cardiff Schools for the first three years of high school, was also playing for cardiff schools in football. I enjoyed playing rugby but didn't understand the rules to well, i was quite quick and had a beast of a left foot so most of the time i just booted the ball and got the winger to chase down the fullback, didn't even get my shorts dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We had a boy in our year, Francis Bonello, he was like Andre the Giant, at 12. He was f ucking gigantic .
    Had a beard & moustache as well (always sent him to the bar )
    **** me, you had a bar in school?