+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Ramsey

Aaron Ramsey

Did not train with the first team and will likely miss tomorrow's game.

Been in incredible form for Arsenal and we could really do with an in form Ramsey to start our campaign off perfectly.

Re: Aaron Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Did not train with the first team and will likely miss tomorrow's game.

Been in incredible form for Arsenal and we could really do with an in form Ramsey to start our campaign off perfectly.
    Play Brooks as a No.10, and put Wilson on the right hand side. Brooks plays this role for Bournemouth, and both he and Wilson have a decent defensive side to their game

Allen - Smith

Wilson - Brooks - A.N. Other

Bale

Or put Bale on the right with Roberts up front, and maybe Wilson on the left? Whatever the lineup, have Brooks playing being the striker.

James on the left, Brooks on the right, Bale at 9 and Wilson at 10.

Brooks and Wilson alternating

Wilson plays right for Derby and Brooks plays central for Bournemouth. Brooks is good down the middle, dare I say better than Ramsey cos he can also defend?

Slovakia picked up a good win over Hungary in their first game and so we'll probably have an advantage in terms of fitness, but we could really do with an in form Ramsey - think Bale really needs to come to the party if Rambo does miss out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47679346

Ramsey has withdrawn from the squad and will return to Arsenal for treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wilson plays right for Derby and Brooks plays central for Bournemouth. Brooks is good down the middle, dare I say better than Ramsey cos he can also defend?
    Seriously?

Just confirmed that he’s out.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Seriously?
    He has just been awarded senior Welsh player of the year, and he's not bad down the middle for Bournemouth. I've seen most of his games this season, and he almost single-handedly destroyed Sarriball. Besides that, Ramsey hasn't been the most consistent for Wales lately, and I think Brooks tracks back and does the tackles and interceptions in his own half better. On form alone when playing for Wales, I would say Brooks has shaded it over the past half-a-dozen games, hence his recent awards.

Heisenberg

Hi Gluey, I've missed you and your... being wrong all of the time.

Wilson has played centrally far more than Brooks has this season. I can't believe that you didn't know that, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hi Gluey, I've missed you and your... being wrong all of the time.

Wilson has played centrally far more than Brooks has this season. I can't believe you didn't know that, to be honest.
    Wilson has always played on the right hand side in the games I have watched. So are you here to share some opinions of your own, or do you just want to pick holes in what other people say like you always do? If you are going to be a knobhead again I will block you cos I don't like idiots. Cheers

He has just been awarded senior Welsh player of the year, and he's not bad down the middle for Bournemouth. I've seen most of his games this season, and he almost single-handedly destroyed Sarriball. Besides that, Ramsey hasn't been the most consistent for Wales lately, and I think Brooks tracks back and does the tackles and interceptions in his own half better. On form alone when playing for Wales, I would say Brooks has shaded it over the past half-a-dozen games, hence his recent awards.
    Brooks has played the majority of his games for Bounemouth on the right wing cutting inside and has done very well there, with all but one of his goals coming from that position

He's done well this season, but he isn't better than Ramsey.

Brooks has played the majority of his games for Bounemouth on the right wing cutting inside and has done very well there, with all but one of his goals coming from that position

He's done well this season, but he isn't better than Ramsey.
    Ramsey hasn't been brilliant for Wales lately, and in some games he has even underperformed. If he was doing so great, he would have picked up the player of the year award himself.

Heisenberg

Wilson has always played on the right hand side in the games I have watched. So are you here to share your own opinions, or you just want to pick holes in what other people say like you always do? If you are going to be a knobhead again I will block you, cos I don't like idiots. Cheers
    I thought I was already blocked... What's going on?

In the immortal words of Alan Partridge, "Stop getting Bond everything wrong!" and you wouldn't be corrected so often.

I'd play Wilson centrally as he's played there far more often this season than Brooks - who I would play on the right as he's played there 80-plus-percent of the time this season (and where he's played best for Wales).

I'd go with the same forward line-up as Zenith has posted.

BTW, Brooks started the season on the right wing, as you would expect from any rookie in the Premier League, but once he found his feet Howe started playing him down the middle. He is a natural 10, with great vision and incisive passing. He won't be at Bournemouth for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought I was already blocked... What's going on?
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt after you mentioned your previous medical history.

BTW, Brooks started the season on the right wing, as you would expect from any rookie in the Premier League, but once he found his feet Howe started playing him down the middle. He is a natural 10, with great vision and incisive passing. He won't be at Bournemouth for long.
    He's played 8 games down the middle for Bournemouth this season and 17 on the right, where he's done best. Wilson on the other hand has payed 16 times down the middle for Derby.

With Ramsey out we'll need the 3 who line up (presumably behind Bale) to switch positions at times in the match which I think they're more than capable of doing.

I know you like Brooks, but a decent season at Bournemouth doesn't put him ahead of Ramsey, who's one of the best midfielders Wales has ever produced, the move to Juventus shows his lass and how highly thought of he his

Having Ramsey also gives the likes of Brooks and Wilson more freedom as teams are likely to focus more on Bale and Ramsey, giving the talented youngsters more space. We all want these kids to develop well and they will, but its way too early to start moving on from the likes of Aaron Ramsey

He's played 8 games down the middle for Bournemouth this season and 17 on the right, where he's done best. Wilson on the other hand has payed 16 times down the middle for Derby.

With Ramsey out we'll need the 3 who line up (presumably behind Bale) to switch positions at times in the match which I think they're more than capable of doing.

I know you like Brooks, but a decent season at Bournemouth doesn't put him ahead of Ramsey, who's one of the best midfielders Wales has ever produced, the move to Juventus shows his lass and how highly thought of he his

Having Ramsey also gives the likes of Brooks and Wilson more freedom as teams are likely to focus more on Bale and Ramsey, giving the talented youngsters more space. We all want these kids to develop well and they will, but its way too early to start moving on from the likes of Aaron Ramsey
    Brooks has been better than Ramsey over the past 6 games for Wales Ramsey and Bale need to rediscover their 2016 form, it's one reason why we didn't qualify for the World Cup.

Brooks is a No.10, anybody who knows about football can see that You want players with his talent going through the middle.

Brooks has been better than Ramsey over the past 6 games for Wales Ramsey and Bale need to rediscover their 2016 form, it's one reason why we didn't qualify for the World Cup.
    The reason we didn't qualify for the World Cup is because Aaron Ramsey missed the first three games and wasn't fully fit for the fourth (against Serbia) where we picked up just 6 points from the opening 4 games which included home games against Serbia and Georgia

Bale and Ramsey were only on the pitch together in 4 games, Ireland away, Serbia home, Moldova away and Austria home and in the two key games (Ireland and Serbia, one of the two weren't fully fit)

Ramsey was instrumental in dragging us through to a draw away in Serbia and the win out in Georgia, two results that meant we could actually still qualify against Ireland where it all went to pieces because after Allen went off he had nobody around him to bring the ball out of defence forcing him to go deeper and deeper to collect the ball to drive upfield

The reason we didn't qualify for the World Cup is because Aaron Ramsey missed the first three games and wasn't fully fit for the fourth (against Serbia) where we picked up just 6 points from the opening 4 games which included home games against Serbia and Georgia

Bale and Ramsey were only on the pitch together in 4 games, Ireland away, Serbia home, Moldova away and Austria home and in the two key games (Ireland and Serbia, one of the two weren't fully fit)

Ramsey was instrumental in dragging us through to a draw away in Serbia and the win out in Georgia, two results that meant we could actually still qualify against Ireland where it all went to pieces because after Allen went off he had nobody around him to bring the ball out of defence forcing him to go deeper and deeper to collect the ball to drive upfield
    I'm talking about the brilliant Ramsey and Bale from the Euro 2016 finals. We haven't seen much of that kind of quality on a regular basis since then. In a way we are lucky the youngsters are coming through, otherwise we would be struggling, but we still need Bale and Ramsey at their very best if we are to make it through the to the finals again.

Wilson played the majority of games through the middle since November for Derby so won't be alien. Would prefer Brooks down the wing because of his pace.

Agreed. Bags of pace within this group. Presuamably it will be Smith and Allen in central midfield. Big game this. Lose and Slovakia are already six points clear of us with Croatia away next for us. Crazy to say already but this is a must not lose game.
    Coming with my son to the game. I had bought a ticket for my dad who is 91 but he suffered a stroke last week and us too weak to attend

Wilson played the majority of games through the middle since November for Derby so won't be alien. Would prefer Brooks down the wing because of his pace.
    Brooks is very good on the wing, but he's even better playing central because of his vision and passing ability, and he's also got an eye for goal in open play. If you watch the video above, he likes to drift left too, and he is very dangerous there.