+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Ramsey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Aaron Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wilson plays right for Derby and Brooks plays central for Bournemouth. Brooks is good down the middle, dare I say better than Ramsey cos he can also defend?
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Seriously?
    He has just been awarded senior Welsh player of the year, and he's not bad down the middle for Bournemouth. I've seen most of his games this season, and he almost single-handedly destroyed Sarriball. Besides that, Ramsey hasn't been the most consistent for Wales lately, and I think Brooks tracks back and does the tackles and interceptions in his own half better. On form alone when playing for Wales, I would say Brooks has shaded it over the past half-a-dozen games, hence his recent awards.

He has just been awarded senior Welsh player of the year, and he's not bad down the middle for Bournemouth. I've seen most of his games this season, and he almost single-handedly destroyed Sarriball. Besides that, Ramsey hasn't been the most consistent for Wales lately, and I think Brooks tracks back and does the tackles and interceptions in his own half better. On form alone when playing for Wales, I would say Brooks has shaded it over the past half-a-dozen games, hence his recent awards.
    Brooks has played the majority of his games for Bounemouth on the right wing cutting inside and has done very well there, with all but one of his goals coming from that position

He's done well this season, but he isn't better than Ramsey.

Brooks has played the majority of his games for Bounemouth on the right wing cutting inside and has done very well there, with all but one of his goals coming from that position

He's done well this season, but he isn't better than Ramsey.
    Ramsey hasn't been brilliant for Wales lately, and in some games he has even underperformed. If he was doing so great, he would have picked up the player of the year award himself.

BTW, Brooks started the season on the right wing, as you would expect from any rookie in the Premier League, but once he found his feet Howe started playing him down the middle. He is a natural 10, with great vision and incisive passing. He won't be at Bournemouth for long.

BTW, Brooks started the season on the right wing, as you would expect from any rookie in the Premier League, but once he found his feet Howe started playing him down the middle. He is a natural 10, with great vision and incisive passing. He won't be at Bournemouth for long.
    He's played 8 games down the middle for Bournemouth this season and 17 on the right, where he's done best. Wilson on the other hand has payed 16 times down the middle for Derby.

With Ramsey out we'll need the 3 who line up (presumably behind Bale) to switch positions at times in the match which I think they're more than capable of doing.

I know you like Brooks, but a decent season at Bournemouth doesn't put him ahead of Ramsey, who's one of the best midfielders Wales has ever produced, the move to Juventus shows his lass and how highly thought of he his

Having Ramsey also gives the likes of Brooks and Wilson more freedom as teams are likely to focus more on Bale and Ramsey, giving the talented youngsters more space. We all want these kids to develop well and they will, but its way too early to start moving on from the likes of Aaron Ramsey

He's played 8 games down the middle for Bournemouth this season and 17 on the right, where he's done best. Wilson on the other hand has payed 16 times down the middle for Derby.

With Ramsey out we'll need the 3 who line up (presumably behind Bale) to switch positions at times in the match which I think they're more than capable of doing.

I know you like Brooks, but a decent season at Bournemouth doesn't put him ahead of Ramsey, who's one of the best midfielders Wales has ever produced, the move to Juventus shows his lass and how highly thought of he his

Having Ramsey also gives the likes of Brooks and Wilson more freedom as teams are likely to focus more on Bale and Ramsey, giving the talented youngsters more space. We all want these kids to develop well and they will, but its way too early to start moving on from the likes of Aaron Ramsey
    Brooks has been better than Ramsey over the past 6 games for Wales Ramsey and Bale need to rediscover their 2016 form, it's one reason why we didn't qualify for the World Cup.

Brooks has been better than Ramsey over the past 6 games for Wales Ramsey and Bale need to rediscover their 2016 form, it's one reason why we didn't qualify for the World Cup.
    The reason we didn't qualify for the World Cup is because Aaron Ramsey missed the first three games and wasn't fully fit for the fourth (against Serbia) where we picked up just 6 points from the opening 4 games which included home games against Serbia and Georgia

Bale and Ramsey were only on the pitch together in 4 games, Ireland away, Serbia home, Moldova away and Austria home and in the two key games (Ireland and Serbia, one of the two weren't fully fit)

Ramsey was instrumental in dragging us through to a draw away in Serbia and the win out in Georgia, two results that meant we could actually still qualify against Ireland where it all went to pieces because after Allen went off he had nobody around him to bring the ball out of defence forcing him to go deeper and deeper to collect the ball to drive upfield

A serious question, how have you watched most of Brooks games this season? I'm astonished at times on here at the knowledge people seem to have of other footballers, they must constantly watch other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A serious question, how have you watched most of Brooks games this season? I'm astonished at times on here at the knowledge people seem to have of other footballers, they must constantly watch other games.
    I've pretty much watched every Brooks game this season and his progress has been fantastic to watch. He's getting closer to being the complete player with every game. He can head, shoot, and dribble, but his vision and passing is something else and he seems to glide over the grass. I'm not surprised that he won the Welsh player of the year award, he is turning into a special player and will be moving to a bigger club sooner rather than later IMO.

I've pretty much watched every Brooks game this season and his progress has been fantastic to watch. He's getting closer to being the complete player with every game. He can head, shoot, and dribble, but his vision and passing is something else and he seems to glide over the grass. I'm not surprised that he won the Welsh player of the year award, he is turning into a special player and will be moving to a bigger club sooner rather than later IMO.
    I'm not doubting your knowledge on Brooks, i've seen him a couple of times and he looks a very good player. Watching nearly all of Brooks' games is dedication-i don't think that i'd have the time or inclination

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not doubting your knowledge on Brooks, i've seen him a couple of times and he looks a very good player. Watching nearly all of Brooks' games is dedication-i don't think that i'd have the time or inclination
    It's usually on in the background with City on the other screen I'm actually an admirer of Eddie Howe and I enjoy how his team's play. They had a bit of a leaky defence, but they bought Mepham and he seems to be doing well next to Ake, which is good news for Wales.

It's usually on in the background with City on the other screen I'm actually an admirer of Eddie Howe and I enjoy how his team's play. They had a bit of a leaky defence, but they bought Mepham and he seems to be doing well next to Ake, which is good news for Wales.
    I admire Eddie Howe and his bravery to take teams on. There's a couple of blokes managing and coaching Lincoln who are doing a very good job, neither ever played Professionally but are looking like delivering a double promotion.