+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Caliburn'

Re: 'Caliburn'

Sorry to hear that, a great contributor to this board.

A real ladies man on the quiet

Rest in peace

sad news

RIP

I remember him from the days when people actually posted about topics, and avoided all the cheap shots. He was a delightful poster. RIP Caliburn.

I was lucky enough to be given a signed copy of his book 'The Foxglove Sun' by him and also a letter detailing how he met Harold Pinter, I also had a few talks with him on the phone. He was a rare man, witty, good natured and without any 'side' at all. I will miss him.
    Probably the greatest midfield player never to play for City.
    RIP Cal...

Good night Caliburn. God bless.

A thoroughly decent man, at rest, at last.

Sleep well my man. Bluebirds flying high.

Very sad. he'll be up there now with Brian Clark, Ronnie Bird et al giving them his views.

Cal was such a gentleman and I always enjoyed his posts on here. Hope the castle is ready for him. Condolences to all his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Caliburn was one of an increasingly rare breed in that he wanted to debate in a non-confrontational way and also added a gentle sense of humour

RIP Caliburn
    That’s exactly how I remember him.

86... wow, that’s a good old age. Never realised he was in his 70s when he was regularly contributing

The end of an era for sure. He was a much loved and well respected poster.

As said above, one of the first names I came to know as a regular on the original tree thread style CCMB back around 2000.

So glad an old Bluebird got see us in an FA Cup final, a League Cup Final, in the Premier League twice and in a new stadium.

Also, as a Welsh fan, Wales in a major tournament.

RIP Caliburn

Genuinely saddened to hear the news. I was only thinking about him the other day. A wonderful articulate poster who came over as a real caring gentle person. Would be good if some of his musings were reposted on here.

RIP Cal

I hope the butler is behaving for him

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    RIP Cal

I hope the butler is behaving for him
    He's been hard at it.

Sad news indeed
    I enjoyed many discussions on here with Cal and in the real world with Clive. Very few were about football
    A lovely man, he reminded me of my dad.
    Hope Hartley his trusty butler is pouring him a large one.
    Rest in peace x

RIP sir. From Cambridge BLUE circa 1999.

Genuinely upset by this news.

RiP Cal and thank you!

RIP Cal
    Rest easy BLUEBIRD

RIP one of lifes good people.

That's very sad news. One of the characters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by royalewithcheese View Post
    Many of you who have been on this messageboard a while will have very fond memories of a former contributor who was pretty outstanding in his wit and dignity. Clive Menadue passed away last Friday. I could say 'unfortunately', but he wouldn't want that. He was well ready having suffered long and hard with worsening Parkinson's to the point he could barely stand on his own two feet and only had brief windows of comprehension. His equally ageing wife, Sylvia, was stoic and loving throughout, but for the last few months he simply had to be transferred to East Glam hospital where on a caring ward, after a three-day coma, he finally found rest. Or, rather, a celestial messageboard perchance wherein to build his castle with Bing Crosby crooning from the turrets and Cardiff City pennants blowing in the wind. Farewell, old friend.

By his own request he is bowing out quietly. Just Margam Crematorium next Friday at 11 a.m. He was 86.
    Rest in peace old friend, a genuinely funny and intelligent man who I enjoyed interacting with.

Remember Cal when i first started posting back in 2005, he had time for everyone and didn't get involved with the nastiness that sometimes went on. Came across as genuine and thoughtful.

Gentlemen RIP

R.I.P. Caliburn. A true gentleman.

RIP Bluebird.
    You were a credit to this message board amongst all the chaf.