+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Caliburn'

Re: 'Caliburn'

Always enjoyed seeing his name pop up back in the day when he posted. Looks like we lost a good one.

RIP, fella. Condolences to his family.

Sad news. RIP.

It's always very sad to lose a CCMB contributor and City fan.

RIP Bluebird.

Farewell Caliburn, Oh I loved your posts of days gone by. Your posts have been sadly missed. May you Rest in Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by royalewithcheese View Post
    Many of you who have been on this messageboard a while will have very fond memories of a former contributor who was pretty outstanding in his wit and dignity. Clive Menadue passed away last Friday. I could say 'unfortunately', but he wouldn't want that. He was well ready having suffered long and hard with worsening Parkinson's to the point he could barely stand on his own two feet and only had brief windows of comprehension. His equally ageing wife, Sylvia, was stoic and loving throughout, but for the last few months he simply had to be transferred to East Glam hospital where on a caring ward, after a three-day coma, he finally found rest. Or, rather, a celestial messageboard perchance wherein to build his castle with Bing Crosby crooning from the turrets and Cardiff City pennants blowing in the wind. Farewell, old friend.

By his own request he is bowing out quietly. Just Margam Crematorium next Friday at 11 a.m. He was 86.
    I rarely knew what he was going on about, but I had no idea that he was so old! :-(

RIP bluebird

Such sad news. Loved reading his contributions. Thoughtful, gentle, generous.

Goodbye Cal. Thank you Cal. RIP Bluebird.

Still sadly missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Still sadly missed.
    Yes indeed. A fine gentleman

What happened to royalewithcheese?

Wow, I remember Caliburn fondly.
    My condolences to all his family and friends.

Last edited by NottinghamBlue; 13-01-23 at 21:28. Reason: Old thread

Oh that's sad,his messages were always a joy to read,a real gent.

Very sad. He will be missed.

I was in the supermarket around the corner from his old house the other day. Remembered him then as I often do, especially around Christmas

a lovely man, rest well Sir

Respect.

International

Quote Originally Posted by royalewithcheese View Post
    Many of you who have been on this messageboard a while will have very fond memories of a former contributor who was pretty outstanding in his wit and dignity. Clive Menadue passed away last Friday. I could say 'unfortunately', but he wouldn't want that. He was well ready having suffered long and hard with worsening Parkinson's to the point he could barely stand on his own two feet and only had brief windows of comprehension. His equally ageing wife, Sylvia, was stoic and loving throughout, but for the last few months he simply had to be transferred to East Glam hospital where on a caring ward, after a three-day coma, he finally found rest. Or, rather, a celestial messageboard perchance wherein to build his castle with Bing Crosby crooning from the turrets and Cardiff City pennants blowing in the wind. Farewell, old friend.

By his own request he is bowing out quietly. Just Margam Crematorium next Friday at 11 a.m. He was 86.
    Very sad deepest condolences remember reading his posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    What happened to royalewithcheese?
    Good question

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Very sad deepest condolences remember reading his posts
    Coming up 4 years now, very good poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Good question
    I can remember when i first started posting, Royalewithcheese had it in for me Then after a while we sort of warmed towards each other and had some great conversations. I do wonder what happened to him. Hope he's ok.

I’m sure it was posted a while ago, that the OP had also passed away. Very sad.

Royale has been an occasional contributor to my blog. Don’t think he’s sent anything to the Feedback section this season, but he did last - I’d say it’s about ten months since I heard from him.

As some of you will know, Cal wrote a very good autobiography of his younger years, Royale did one as well which I enjoyed reading - particularly the bits about his mate Brian Clough.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Coming up 4 years now, very good poster.
    Yes, he was very good, but that's gone very quickly.