+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Caliburn'

'Caliburn'

Many of you who have been on this messageboard a while will have very fond memories of a former contributor who was pretty outstanding in his wit and dignity. Clive Menadue passed away last Friday. I could say 'unfortunately', but he wouldn't want that. He was well ready having suffered long and hard with worsening Parkinson's to the point he could barely stand on his own two feet and only had brief windows of comprehension. His equally ageing wife, Sylvia, was stoic and loving throughout, but for the last few months he simply had to be transferred to East Glam hospital where on a caring ward, after a three-day coma, he finally found rest. Or, rather, a celestial messageboard perchance wherein to build his castle with Bing Crosby crooning from the turrets and Cardiff City pennants blowing in the wind. Farewell, old friend.

By his own request he is bowing out quietly. Just Margam Crematorium next Friday at 11 a.m. He was 86.

Re: 'Caliburn'

Rest easy Bluebird.

Really enjoyed Caliburn’s contributions on this board. Condolences to friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by royalewithcheese View Post
    Many of you who have been on this messageboard a while will have very fond memories of a former contributor who was pretty outstanding in his wit and dignity. Clive Menadue passed away last Friday. I could say 'unfortunately', but he wouldn't want that. He was well ready having suffered long and hard with worsening Parkinson's to the point he could barely stand on his own two feet and only had brief windows of comprehension. His equally ageing wife, Sylvia, was stoic and loving throughout, but for the last few months he simply had to be transferred to East Glam hospital where on a caring ward, after a three-day coma, he finally found rest. Or, rather, a celestial messageboard perchance wherein to build his castle with Bing Crosby crooning from the turrets and Cardiff City pennants blowing in the wind. Farewell, old friend.

By his own request he is bowing out quietly. Just Margam Crematorium next Friday at 11 a.m. He was 86.
    I knew Cal must be in bad way when the Christmas cards I sent him for the last couple of years were replied to by someone else who I assumed was his wife Sylvia, but that doesn't make this news any easier to bear.

RIP to one of this message boards greats.

RIP Cal. Many a shared thread . Forever a Bluebird.

RIP to a great contributor to the board.

RIP to a fine Bluebird

RIP to a legend of CCMB.

Farewell sir.

Sorry to hear this. I was thinking about him and other contributors of old just the other day

R I P

Sad loss

A true CCMB legend. Him, and his posts, will be missed.

RIP, Bluebird.

Goodbye Cal. You were a great contributor to this board. And already missed.

RIP bluebird

RIP he was a top guy

A big loss for this board and everyone who knew him.
    A real gent with a witty answer for everyone.
    RIP Cal

RIP Bluebird xxx

A good man. RIP

RIP Caliburn and my condolences go out to his family and friends. I always enjoyed his posts.

R.I.P. Cal.

Condolences to all at this sad time.

Always came across as an absolute gent, much respected and greatly appreciated.

RIP Sir.

Rest in peace, Cal x

RIP Sir

He came across as a real gentleman

I'm sure QPR London will be shedding a tear

Sad news but hopefully the description of Caliburn's idea of paradise is up there for him.

Caliburn was one of the reasons I used to frequent the board in its previous guises. Great knowledge and wit made great reading.

First Team

Genuinely sorry to hear this.
    We exchanged some books over the years and he gifted me a copy of his own writings.
    A fine gentleman. RIP.