+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Wales game today

Re: Thoughts on Wales game today

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just got home. Nightmare trying to get out of the Stadium carpark after the game ...nearly 90 minutes.

As for the game James was superb. Smith and Allen very impressive in the first half but not so good after the break.
    Very impressed with the Lawrence/Mepham partnership. Williams did well when he came on. Connor Roberts switched off at times.
    Bale poor. Brooks good but needs to release the ball earlier.
    Cracking atmosphere and the Slovakia fans were loud throughout.

Why Giggs subbed our best player was beyond me.

This group is widen open following Croatia’s defeat.
    That’s funny.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    That’s funny.
    You are obsessed young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You are obsessed young man.
    More passionate than obsessed.

Anyway, the nightmare is nearly over.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Huge performance, scoring early and holding the lead for so long will have done them the world of good as well. Rode our luck at times but we created chances as well and Wilson should have scored.

Brooks is fantastic, James is a real threat, Smith did very well, Bale didn't have his best game but won a lot of headers and kept their defenders honest. Came back and did a lot of defensive work too.

Very positive day all round, I don't think it can be overestimated how crucial getting off to a good start in the qualifiers is, especially with a young inexperienced team with a new manager.
    In fairness to Bale he was once again centre of attention for the defence and constantly fouled.

He created space for others.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Hennessey isn't good enough to pass the ball out from the back if the opposition put him under any sort of pressure. We need to stop trying to do this or pick a different goalkeeper.
    Yea I thought the same , thought we would have learnt our lesson after the ROI game

A qualified pass for Giggs on his first real examination as Wales boss.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Embarrassing that we haven’t got one player in the squad and the Jacks have two in the team! We are the Capital of Wales ffs and Wales play at our Stadium! We could have signed Brooks and Mepham from Brentford instead of little Bournemouth,they values have shot up already?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Embarrassing that we haven’t got one player in the squad and the Jacks have two in the team! We are the Capital of Wales ffs and Wales play at our Stadium! We could have signed Brooks and Mepham from Brentford instead of little Bournemouth,they values have shot up already?
    I'm not sure we really had a chance to sign Brooks. But if we did, someone's dropped a major bollock. He won't be at Bournemouth for long. Whether we stay up or not, I'd love to see us sign Joe Allen and at least a couple of the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm not sure we really had a chance to sign Brooks. But if we did, someone's dropped a major bollock. He won't be at Bournemouth for long. Whether we stay up or not, I'd love to see us sign Joe Allen and at least a couple of the youngsters.
    Bournemouth was the perfect move for Brooks, with Eddie Howe being the manager. It's a great move for Mepham too. I wonder if Dan James will be there next season? I can't see him staying at Swansea after yesterday's peformance.

Feels a bit disjointed at the moment, passes not going quickly enough and defence just a touch too open, but I guess that's what happens when you go from a defensively-minded manager and a team who have been playing together for 10+ years to an attacking manager who is blooding into new line-up. Was it only four out of eleven players who were starters under Coleman's peak years? Fans as well getting used to it all again.

We seem to have fallen into the tough group again where anyone can beat anyone. Big two games coming up next, both away, but three plus points and it could be lift-off just like that away win against Israel was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    ...plus 3 more ex-Swans: Davies, Allen and Ash.

[QUOTE=surge;4961961]Feels a bit disjointed at the moment, passes not going quickly enough and defence just a touch too open, but I guess that's what happens when you go from a defensively-minded manager and a team who have been playing together for 10+ years to an attacking manager who is blooding into new line-up. Was it only four out of eleven players who were starters under Coleman's peak years? Fans as well getting used to it all again.

We seem to have fallen into the tough group again where anyone can beat anyone. Big two games coming up next, both away, but three plus points and it could be lift-off just like that away win against Israel was.[/QUOTE

I read a tweet today that suggested the other seven all had fewer than ten caps. A very impressive win when you look at it from that angle and, while it didn't seem to have obvious positives at the time, I also felt Giggs did well with his substitutions.