Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Discussed this with my insurance broker in work and much like when we had a big insurance loss the insurers basically take over the whole thing. They told us exactly what we could and couldn’t do or pay for , for iirc about 9 months.
Any step off that line and we could whistle for it- and the first 3 months they went over every angle to see if they were liable or not.

Certainly City can’t tell their insurers ‘just to pay up’ if the insurers think there is reason not to.

It’s their money at the end of the day and they are a business who are there to deal with things like this, harsh as it sounds. Insurance claims often deal with death or serious injury..

The only option the club have is to say ‘don’t worry about the insurance, we will pay up ‘

I guess it’s easy to say ‘do that’ when it’s not your money.

Lots of people judging from afar, but it’s likely to be far more complicated than Joe public thinks.

Personally I’ll wait and see what the outcome of it all is. I just wish it was being done outside of the public glare. Makes you wonder who’s giving this info to the papers 🤔

Beyond all this it is still OK for City fans and the club to feel sorry for the lad and his family.

Nothing wrong with that at all and anyone suggesting otherwise can do one as far as I’m concerned
Bang on Tim. The whole CAA investigation, potential subsequent police action AND insurer due diligence simply has to be concluded before any payments can be made.

The tabloid speculation has turned this into a tawdry circus in very bad taste, and so this should all be kept out of the public sphere until everything in my first paragraph has been concluded.