+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff claim Sala deal not legally binding

Cardiff claim Sala deal not legally binding

So the poor lad died flying to a place if work that he wasn't legally employed to work at?

Re: Cardiff claim Sala deal not legally binding

Using a man’s death to point score on a messageboard because you don’t like a football team because they changed the colour of a T-shirt?

No

Is the club Using a man's death to avoid paying for the transfer of a player who died whilst travelling to play for them? Is your opinion different because it's your club acting like this?

First he wasn't registered
    Then the club write to clubs asking if they were trying to sign him
    Now this. I've forgotten the other attempts they've tried to get out of this

The words of Sala "always being a Bluebird" look emptier with every statement

I didn’t say the club were being classy. I just pointed out you weren’t.

If he wasn't our player our insurance wont pay out. If he was still a Nantes player their insurance will pay out.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I didn’t say the club were being classy. I just pointed out you weren’t.
    Perhaps the arbitrary scale of "classy" matters more to some people than others. I would say that you using a young man's death to score points against someone who is questions the club's notives whilst incorrectly concluding that my post centred around or celebrated a death is also ranking low on this fictional scale of classiness.

BTW, I would be raising this question if I were still attending games.

So transparent.

Rob Phillips article here,
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47696561

If FIFA find we are liable so be it, but the dates and those involved need scrutiny for insurance liability I would think.

I hope if they find ES (R.I.P) was legally our player, we have insurance in place, similarly for Nantes also if appropriate.

Not a good look.

Discussed this with my insurance broker in work and much like when we had a big insurance loss the insurers basically take over the whole thing. They told us exactly what we could and couldn’t do or pay for , for iirc about 9 months.
    Any step off that line and we could whistle for it- and the first 3 months they went over every angle to see if they were liable or not.

Certainly City can’t tell their insurers ‘just to pay up’ if the insurers think there is reason not to.

It’s their money at the end of the day and they are a business who are there to deal with things like this, harsh as it sounds. Insurance claims often deal with death or serious injury..

The only option the club have is to say ‘don’t worry about the insurance, we will pay up ‘

I guess it’s easy to say ‘do that’ when it’s not your money.

Lots of people judging from afar, but it’s likely to be far more complicated than Joe public thinks.

Personally I’ll wait and see what the outcome of it all is. I just wish it was being done outside of the public glare. Makes you wonder who’s giving this info to the papers 🤔

Beyond all this it is still OK for City fans and the club to feel sorry for the lad and his family.

Nothing wrong with that at all and anyone suggesting otherwise can do one as far as I’m concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Discussed this with my insurance broker in work and much like when we had a big insurance loss the insurers basically take over the whole thing. They told us exactly what we could and couldn’t do or pay for , for iirc about 9 months.
    Any step off that line and we could whistle for it- and the first 3 months they went over every angle to see if they were liable or not.

Certainly City can’t tell their insurers ‘just to pay up’ if the insurers think there is reason not to.

It’s their money at the end of the day and they are a business who are there to deal with things like this, harsh as it sounds. Insurance claims often deal with death or serious injury..

The only option the club have is to say ‘don’t worry about the insurance, we will pay up ‘

Lots of people judging from afar, but it’s likely to be far more complicated than Joe public thinks.

Personally I’ll wait and see what the outcome of it all is. I just wish it was being done outside of the public glare. Makes you wonder who’s giving this info to the papers 🤔

Beyond all this it is still OK for City fans and the club to feel sorry for the lad and his family.

Nothing wrong with that at all and anyone suggesting otherwise can do one as far as I’m concerned
    100% agree. I hate reading the sensationalist speculators at work

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    100% agree. I hate reading the sensationalist speculators at work
    Sure you do.

Top UK legal expert working for Emi's family.I sincerely this sorry affair gets sorted
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...mily-emiliano/

Personally I’ll wait and see what the outcome of it all is. I just wish it was being done outside of the public glare. Makes you wonder who’s giving this info to the papers ��

spot on Tim

The club can both be sorry for Sala and family and not want to throw £15m away just because the Daily Mail said they should

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sure you do.
    Well there is one opinion that means nothing to me. As you were sunshine

Its all about legality and liability now ,its very sad how its played out in the media ,but isn't that life today .

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Well there is one opinion that means nothing to me. As you were sunshine
    You're such a hopeless fake.

Bang on Tim. The whole CAA investigation, potential subsequent police action AND insurer due diligence simply has to be concluded before any payments can be made.

The tabloid speculation has turned this into a tawdry circus in very bad taste, and so this should all be kept out of the public sphere until everything in my first paragraph has been concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    If he wasn't our player our insurance wont pay out. If he was still a Nantes player their insurance will pay out.
    Yes no time for morals in modern football, nowhere at all and lawyers have never had any....

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes no time for morals in modern football, nowhere at all and lawyers have never had any....
    There is time for morale but this isn’t a moral issue. One of the clubs will be able to make an insurance claim, the legal ownership of the player needs to be made clear so this can be done.

Anyone trying to take away from the way the club handled his passing from a human stand point either doesn’t understand things or has an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You're such a hopeless fake.
    What did you think of Lawnmowers post?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    There is time for morale but this isn’t a moral issue. One of the clubs will be able to make an insurance claim, the legal ownership of the player needs to be made clear so this can be done.

Anyone trying to take away from the way the club handled his passing from a human stand point either doesn’t understand things or has an agenda.
    I agree, it’s a business these days, a big one. Someone can claim as you say. No harm done bar a shocking loss of life for a young man who made a terrible choice that day with a terrible agent.