+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Offs Watching The City

Re: One Offs Watching The City

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Remember Super Don's rugby tackle on SuperMac , think he was a Luton player at the time I think?
    Yes, I remember that game, was sat behind the goal, in the Canton End. Would have been ten years old, think it ended 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    Actually, six years earlier in March 1960 we were 3-0 up against them at The Vetch with half an hour to go but ended up drawing 3-3. They scored three in seven minutes with ex City player Brayley Reynolds scoring twice.
    Thank the Lord there wasn’t extra time 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    Actually, six years earlier in March 1960 we were 3-0 up against them at The Vetch with half an hour to go but ended up drawing 3-3. They scored three in seven minutes with ex City player Brayley Reynolds scoring twice.
    That must have been around the time we sent our reserve team down to the Vetch to play them in the Welsh Cup, thrashed 'em, had a bo**ocking of the Welsh FA, played our first team against Knighton Town the following season and beat them 16-0.
    Last edited by alan_corneli; 28-03-19 at 13:00. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    City fan at Burton away last year wins their halftime challenge, sprints the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of our fans and was dragged off by the police
    That was bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    City fan at Burton away last year wins their halftime challenge, sprints the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of our fans and was dragged off by the police
    Another thing at Burton, there’s a bar in the ground for away fans that closes at about quarter to three, then opens up again st three o'clock kick of time!!!

A combination of events in one match - not sure of the opponents but it was mid noughties at NP. I was standing in my usual spot behind the goal on the Grange End.

We had a streaker.

Sam Hammam came to stand with fans on the GE for a while.

I just managed to duck a shot that whistled over the bar. When I turned to see where it had gone there was a bloke sparked out on his back with blood streaming from his nose.

Watching Peter Zois's one and only "magnificent" game for The City! 2-2 draw on a Tuesday night. Forget who the opponents were. Bet they couldn't believe their luck, with him in goals. Come back Frank Parsons, all was forgiven that night!

Did the tannoy announcer leave the microphone on during one game while they tried to get off with someone or did I imagine it?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don Murray nutting Jimmy McLaughlin when we were three up in the Welsh Cup, off went Don & the Jacks won 5-3, cant be many times that we’ve chucked away a 3-0 lead and never against them. As for Don sticking the head on an opponent perhaps that’s not a one off🤪
    Remember that would love to know what went on that night

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    A combination of events in one match - not sure of the opponents but it was mid noughties at NP. I was standing in my usual spot behind the goal on the Grange End.

We had a streaker.

Sam Hammam came to stand with fans on the GE for a while.

I just managed to duck a shot that whistled over the bar. When I turned to see where it had gone there was a bloke sparked out on his back with blood streaming from his nose.

...could have been Shrewsbury..last home game..streaker was swinging on the bar

Tanoy announcer asking the Millwall WUM from on this messageboard (can't remember his name after 20 years) to stand up and give us a wave from the Canton Stand at half time in the infamous game from 1999.

Colchester away when some lads were giving the "you fat bastard" chant at some biker looking chap in the home end to our left. At half time they bought him a burger and sent it over with a steward. He seemed to enjoy it.

Singing Men of Harlech when we were down to 10 men away to Cambridge because it wasike Rourkes Drift. We held on for the draw. Was that the first time we did the whole Men of Harlech thing? Great bacon rolls at Cambridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    Singing Men of Harlech when we were down to 10 men away to Cambridge because it wasike Rourkes Drift. We held on for the draw. Was that the first time we did the whole Men of Harlech thing? Great bacon rolls at Cambridge.
    Down to 8 men by the end weren’t we? John Hallworth saved a penalty too.
    Swear someone had a fan commentary recording of the game.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Down to 8 men by the end weren’t we? John Hallworth saved a penalty too.
    Swear someone had a fan commentary recording of the game.
    Know I’ve had a few ciders since then, , but didn’t we end up with Kevin Nugent playing centre half ????

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I

Know I’ve had a few ciders since then, , but didn’t we end up with Kevin Nugent playing centre half ????
    No, he was playing right back, left back & centre half 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don Murray’s pelanty (can’t remember who against), is it still in orbit
    v Dynamo Berlin 1971, he put it over the roof of the Grange End.

Wasn't it Phil Stead saying forget Barcelona etc? I remember it being funny as hell.