+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Offs Watching The City

One Offs Watching The City

One of our stewards (Tony Jones) taking over as linesman during a league match due to injuries to the day’s match officials. I know Jimmy Hill done the same thing as well once but he wore a track suit, Tony Jones had the full kit, he’s obviously qualified but did he take his linesman’s gear to every game just in case? It’s like the fourth official taking a yellow hi viz in case they’re short of a steward 😂😂

Re: One Offs Watching The City

Torquay forgetting their kit and having to wear our yellow CMB one. Fairly certain this happened but it was my first ever game so my memory may be blinkered.
    It was a Boxing Day game I think.

My memory is sketchy
    but was there a game at NP, maybe in the 90's or early 2000's, where the away team had the same man sent off twice?
    He was player-manager and got sent off from the dugout, came on as sub, and got sent off again??

Cardiff City being 91st in the league. Early 90s? Sunday lunchtime. We played away at Hereford and, due to the fact that we kicked off a day late, we started the game as the second worse team in the league.

As I recall we won with 2 Carl Dale goals. I went. I am strangely pleased to boast that I watched Cardiff City when we were 91st in the league.

Dirty Sanchez taking penalties to their arse's bare skin, half time of a home game against Burnley (I think) at NP during the mid 2000s. Even the players warming up took part... It goes without saying that would go down pretty poorly these days.

Playing and beating Aldershot in March 1992 knowing that the 3 points would be wiped out due to their winding up order.
    Turned out to be the club's last ever league game as they went bust a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Dirty Sanchez taking penalties to their arse's bare skin, half time of a home game against Burnley (I think) at NP during the mid 2000s. Even the players warming up took part... It goes without saying that would go down pretty poorly these days.
    Pancho wearing a Swansea kit then tackled by stewards

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Pancho wearing a Swansea kit then tackled by stewards
    NP was the wild west

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My memory is sketchy
    but was there a game at NP, maybe in the 90's or early 2000's, where the away team had the same man sent off twice?
    He was player-manager and got sent off from the dugout, came on as sub, and got sent off again??
    Andy hessenthaller of Gillingham? 2004?

Timmy Wack-a-day Mallett making an appearance at half time during an evening game at NP

The Police rushing the length of the Bob Bank to stop Millwall fans attacking the Grange End. Only for their dogs, albeit on leashes, refusing to run with them as they were happier devouring the hot dogs strewn around the ground after the stand had been upturned by the Millwall fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfdYxboIl_8&feature=related

Think we would be deducted points !

Don Murray pulling down Malcolm Mac Donald’s shorts, to stop him running in on goal

No sending off, either !!!!

My season ticket at Ninian Park was back seats right in the corner of the Bob Bank at the Grangetown End of the ground. One game against someone like Rochdale, there was our little lot at the back with not a soul in front of us, nobody sitting, nobody standing on the terrace, crowd must have been sub 3000. Anyway the ball is lashed out of play and actually reached us, I kicked it back, one bounce on the terrace and over the fence and the Rochdale? player caught it and actually shouted up “ Cheers mate”. It was akin to a scene over Pontcanna or The Racecourse, Premier League...You’re ‘aving a laugh, is it really us in the top division with 30 thousand crowds now??????

Tosh & Clark in baseball daps destroying defences on frozen pitchs.

TLG, NigelBlues and Mike Morris taking part in the half way line challenge. Organ Morgan wittily commented that he could have pissed further than TLG hit it!

Gloucester City away in the FACup. Tannoy announcement came out can all home fans remain in the ground for 10 minutes after the game.

Diddy David Hamilton exasperated on the microphone at half time at Craven Cottage.

Only Fools and horses on Christmas day when they accidently brought an illegal immigrant back from a booze cruise.
    We were home on Boxing day and every time the ball went near Gary Croft ( i think) The whole Bobbank shouting "Gary"

Bloke with a Ghetto Blaster away at Stockport, 1994.

Dave "never scored a goal in his life" Carver notching a last minute equaliser past Peter Shilton in a game against Leicester in 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Andy hessenthaller of Gillingham? 2004?
    That was the one I thought of, but he was only booked, not sent off when he came on as a sub.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/sp...ngham-0-a9993/

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My memory is sketchy
    Dennis Wise when manager of Millwall?

Watching City lose 1-0 at Oxford in what was Derek Showers' first game while stood close by a home fan who spent most of the game singing The First Noel .

Missing two penalties in injury time as we did against Wolves last season was a first in my near 60 years of watching City and not something I expect to see again.