+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eventful Scandinavian derby tonight

Eventful Scandinavian derby tonight

Norway vs Sweden. Hosts 2-0 up and cruising when Clæsson pulls one back on the rebound for Sweden after a missed penalty with 20 mins left. Nordveidt deflects one into his own net with 4 minutes to go to level things and Sweden go in front in injury time. Norway get their first corner over 5 minutes into the 3 of added time and equalise!

Re: Eventful Scandinavian derby tonight

Sounds like a game! What's the relationship like between the two sets of supporters?

Just a little further south, Denmark scored in the 93rd minute to draw 3-3 with Switzerland as well after being 3 - 0 down and away from home.

International football can be so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sounds like a game! What's the relationship like between the two sets of supporters?
    I saw yellow shirted Swedes in amongst the home fans celebrating what they thought was an incredible late winner and no bother. Yes, there's some banter between the Scandinavian sides, but nothing approaching the rivalry and, in some cases, animosity between the UK countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I saw yellow shirted Swedes in amongst the home fans celebrating what they thought was an incredible late winner and no bother. Yes, there's some banter between the Scandinavian sides, but nothing approaching the rivalry and, in some cases, animosity between the UK countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Norway vs Sweden. Hosts 2-0 up and cruising when Clæsson pulls one back on the rebound for Sweden after a missed penalty with 20 mins left. Nordveidt deflects one into his own net with 4 minutes to go to level things and Sweden go in front in injury time. Norway get their first corner over 5 minutes into the 3 of added time and equalise!
    Is there a video version, as opposed to the written word version?

Watched the Switzerland Denmark game in the pub last night. Denmark were awful for 83 minutes, 3 nil down and game over. Some comical Swiss defending and a mental last 10 minutes! Everyone in the pub got a free beer when the 3rd went in. The Swiss dressing room must have been stone cold silent after that fck up. Why couldn't have Denmark been that bad when we played them?! Eriksen was completely anonymous. Amazingly, it sounds like the Norway Sweden game was even more crazy. As Eric said above, I also love international football, seems to throw up a fair few games like these quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In the future, I reckon we will have the technology for such things. Moreover, why are most teams play8ng twice but Wales just once? How did we get lumbered with that and three tough games first?

5 team group, but you have to play a friendly during your ‘one game’ international break. I think that’s it.

The Swiss midfielder that scored was Remo Freuler. His club is Atalanta.

He's an old-fashioned type midfielder who really gets around the pitch and is strong in the tackle when he needs to be. I don't know if he'd be up to Premier League standard, but I'd like to see him in a City shirt if we go down to the Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PYoIepRPS8

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Be grateful. 20 years ago you'd only have had Ceefax!

Here you go, in any case...

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...way-3-3-sweden

Greece pulled two back to draw with Bosnia following a reportedly controversial red-card.

International football is class

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    International football is class
    There were a lot of complaints from BBC pundits at Euro 2016 that the standard of play wasn't as high as in the Champions League, but to me that entirely misses the point of international football.

This criticism wasn't made about the World Cup last year for obvious reasons.

They might be friends in the football stands but not at the speedway, animosity rules and don't get started about the fun loving Poles, feisty or what!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The Swiss midfielder that scored was Remo Freuler. His club is Atalanta.

He's an old-fashioned type midfielder who really gets around the pitch and is strong in the tackle when he needs to be. I don't know if he'd be up to Premier League standard, but I'd like to see him in a City shirt if we go down to the Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PYoIepRPS8
    That is madness, there is no way we would be signing someone like that if we go down to the championship. Full Swiss international and first choice at a Serie A side that were in Europe pretty recently.

You'd have to be looking at £20m + for a player like him, no chance will we be spending anything like that in the championship