+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man U?

Man U?

Why are Man U playing a tour game in Cardiff? United travel to Shanghai to take on Spurs before game in Cardiff with AC Milan

Re: Man U?

I'm not sure what is in it for Man Utd, but the WRU needs all the money it can get.

International

Maybe because they've got more fans in S Wales than in Manchester?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Maybe because they've got more fans in S Wales than in Manchester?
    Spot on there matey! The Manc plastics down here in South Wales will be wetting themselves over the thought of their favourite team playing at a ground they are vaguely familiar with

It will be a validation for thousands of South Wales man u fans, who will now feel that they are proper fans, once they have seen their team play live.
    I know a Manu fan from Milton Keynes who says she's definitely not a glory supporter because man u finished 2nd in the league the year she started supporting them.

If that's the relationship with football that they want though, then good for them.
    Everyone here knows they won't get the same highs and lows as supporting your local team, but if they enjoy their version of it then that's their life.

I think that is also on the first weekend of the football league season... guess we'll be away then if we go down.

Think it's a bad thing for football in s. Wales/s. West. Now the plastics can venture in the car for 45 minutes tops and see "their" team. Dragging along their poor kids who will grow up to be as equally as uncultured.

Not surprised they're doing this, I think there are more real Madrid and Barcelona fans in my kids school than Manu or Liverpool (and more of those than Cardiff)

We've had Barcelona against Parma as an exhibition match before so is it really that different?

I get more annoyed of this than anything. Cardiff born and bread parents buying their kids Man U / Liverpool kits from a very early age and encouraged to support a team they’ll probably never get to watch ‘in the flesh’ 😡

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    I get more annoyed of this than anything. Cardiff born and bread parents buying their kids Man U / Liverpool kits from a very early age and encouraged to support a team they’ll probably never get to watch ‘in the flesh’ ��
    Yep got a Man fan in work,he has never seen them besides on sky.

They are all james hunts and i hate the facking lot of um.

Apparently it's the appeal of OGS

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    They are all james hunts and i hate the facking lot of um.
    Only one thing worse than a plastic and that’s a plastic Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Not surprised they're doing this, I think there are more real Madrid and Barcelona fans in my kids school than Manu or Liverpool (and more of those than Cardiff)
    At least they've got the right ball and can be converted. In fairness to my nearly 6 year old, he's always been a Cardiff fan, now season ticket holder and wants another for next season. It's great

Feck them all , hope the trains from the valleys get cancelled and the turnstiles don't work

Spice Girls are allowed to play there, so what's different ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At least they've got the right ball and can be converted. In fairness to my nearly 6 year old, he's always been a Cardiff fan, now season ticket holder and wants another for next season. It's great
    Great,get them to get the bug young stays forever