+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Doorbells you have tried that haven't worked

Doorbells you have tried that haven't worked

I remember the date - 27th March, 1999. I was 21. I grew fed up of polishing the snails in the garden and went indoors only to find the postman had delivered a parcel to the wrong address.

I took the parcel to the correct address, pressed the bell but heard nothing. It was one of those old ceramic knobs that had the word 'press' on it. I pressed it several times but it obviously wasn't working.

I thought I'd try knocking on the door but that wasn't working either as nobody could hear it on the inside, so I left the parcel on the doorstep and walked away. Who knows what might have happened otherwise?

Re: Doorbells you have tried that haven't worked

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember the date - 27th March, 1999. I was 21. I grew fed up of polishing the snails in the garden and went indoors only to find the postman had delivered a parcel to the wrong address.

I took the parcel to the correct address, pressed the bell but heard nothing. It was one of those old ceramic knobs that had the word 'press' on it. I pressed it several times but it obviously wasn't working.

I thought I'd try knocking on the door but that wasn't working either as nobody could hear it on the inside, so I left the parcel on the doorstep and walked away. Who knows what might have happened otherwise?
    Ding Dong!

Mine isn't working and I can't be arsed to get it fixed. As I leave in a rural area with addresses all over the shop i only ever get delivery men looking for places.
    As long as the post man, who has been the same guy for 15 plus years knows that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember the date - 27th March, 1999. I was 21.
    That was a long chime ago.

My own. It's a cool one. Like the Pompey chimes. Looks cool too.

I had a ding dong with Argos about
    a faulty one